Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Son of a... Street Fighter 5 won't work in a cab?

Metalzoic

Been waiting for the game forever to put into my cabinet, but it looks like I'm screwed. I'm using an iPac encoder and need a workaround because:

1. It doesn't allow you to re-bind keyboard keys. At all. OK, well maybe I can just remap them in RocketLauncher except that...

2. It doesn't allow 2 players to use a single keyboard. Son of a bitch. So even if I can remap them there won't be any player 2 controls on the cab. That sucks, so I'll...

3. Try to use the Xinput hack to change my keyboard presses into 360 buttons. Worked on SFIV. Only the hack doesn't work on this ****ing game, doesn't even seem to register.

So before I refund this game until (maybe, possible) these things are fixed down the road does anyone else have any ideas that might work?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im pretty sure there will be an easy workaround,wait a few days for people to look into it first.

ye it does suck, but its capcom and its their last game so i doubt they will be even interested in fixing anything,so it will be up to the community.

Off topic: I really hope capcom loose all the money on this final project,the way they have treated the fans and Hideo kojima has been sickening.So i wont be paying for it

Hehe Got a vid for everything!  Although I am afraid in this case, it does not help.

However, I have been reading up on the uproar from forum members with the same issues and similar problems with regards to the controls.  Seems Capcom are aware although have not yet released anything official.  Reprtadly these is a way to edit configs, but I have not seen proof or looked myself. 

As this will be no doubt the next pro scene for the franchise and its flagship, I think fully customisable keys or a work around will be a must.  From what I have gathered so far, this release in itself is almost a beta, with full story, characters, game modes and features being added in the next couple of months.  Its said it will be done in stages... but again nothing concrete.

I hope they do make this a workable thing as having the right controls on your setup is what turns this from great, to perfect!

I think they are just under the assumption most people playing the game will be playing with fight sticks.

Except that reading the Steam forums it appears that it doesn't even work with most fight sticks.

People are having to workaround it with 3rd party apps to get even those working.

Effin' idiots.

Wow I can see why you would be pissed unless you're a total fan boy.

Just reading up for the last hour. No story/single player mode at least till June. Terrible controls unless you have Xinput controllers, which isn't mentioned on the Steam requirements.

So if you blindly clicked "Buy" for this including the season pass, a total of nearly £70, well I'd want a refund.

Shocking, did Capcom run out of money and had to resort to stealth crowd funding?

Don't know what's up with them, but Yeah I paid $98 US (after tax) for it yesterday and haven't played a single round yet.

It says I have up to 14 days to get a refund so long as I don't play it for more than 2 hours. I've already used up 30 minutes just trying to get it to work so far though. Ha!

I saw this coming a long time ago...  the hacks would only work so long.   Microsoft just announced they are going to start cross-releasing XBox One games on Windows 10 at the same time.    

From a developer standpoint, why waste time on Direct Input or Keyboard, when you're going to put it on XBox anyway (XInput)?  

I put two of these in my cabinet long time ago, haven't regretted it.

http://akishop-customs.com/PS360.html

I saw this coming a long time ago...  the hacks would only work so long.   Microsoft just announced they are going to start cross-releasing XBox One games on Windows 10 at the same time.    

From a developer standpoint, why waste time on Direct Input or Keyboard, when you're going to put it on XBox anyway (XInput)?  

I put two of these in my cabinet long time ago, haven't regretted it.

http://akishop-customs.com/PS360.html

I was one of the people that waitlisted for this for about a year. One day it showed up and I had written it off. I found a deal for the Hori pad, planning to hack it for the PS4. Then Capcom announced that PS3 sticks will work for it. So instantly with my Akishop PCB's, I didn't need the Hori pads. I am returning those to Amazon. Someone also mentioned that by June or September, Capcom will release a Super SFV version or something anyway. With this release buggy as hell and with a lot left to be desired, I cancelled my SFV pre-order. Looking at all the complaints, I don't think I am missing much. Sticking with SF4 and 3rd Strike for now.

I'm sick of PC games not supporting PC controls, that's why i usually find a pirated version first test the controls
Theres so many good games i would like on my Cab but developers seem like they don't give a shit PC users
Mortal Kombat XL is coming out soon but not for PC for unknown reason like WTF 

Some hope....

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/169202/street-fighter-v-fixes-and-features-planned

Native DirectInput support - this was one of the more consistent requests we’ve received from the PC community. We realize many fans prefer to use their existing PS3/PS4 compatible Arcade Sticks on PC which are DirectInput-based, so we are actively looking into adding this feature in an upcoming patch. In the meantime, players can use popular XInput remapping tools such as the X360CE[www.x360ce.com].

Expanded key re-binding functionality - we are also looking into expanding key binding option to allow customers to freely map keys beyond the default B/N/M/,/H/J/K/L keys.

In-game language options - the currently set language is based on the Operating System’s UI language. We are looking into adding language options via the Steam client launcher in an upcoming patch.

Resolution Switching – current design requires users to cycle through each in-between resolution setting in order to arrive at a resolution of their choice. We’ll look into making this process much simpler and less time consuming in the future.

Lastly, we’ll provide another round of updates shortly, as soon as we have a solid timeline for when these feature additions will be ready. Please stay tuned!

Yeah, hopefully they realize the full extent of fixes needed, they did eventually fix 4 for i-pac right?

More importantly, you made me aware that Blue's News is still a thing?!  I haven't been there in close to 20 years probably, monitoring JailBreak and OG Team Fortress news, you totally made my night.

Archived