Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Son of a... Street Fighter 5 won't work in a cab?

Metalzoic

Yeah, hopefully they realize the full extent of fixes needed, they did eventually fix 4 for i-pac right?

More importantly, you made me aware that Blue's News is still a thing?! I haven't been there in close to 20 years probably, monitoring JailBreak and OG Team Fortress news, you totally made my night.

Lol, me too, haven't been there since looking for Unreal Tournament patches and using Get Right.

I'm confused, they have made a game before, right? You would think controls would be the first thing to be added If yoyr making it for PC you need to cover every base or feel the abuse from the customer behind the keyboard.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you guys tried the WindowsCE thingy?

You mean x360ce? That is for making Dinput controllers or fightsticks work.

For keyboard encoders like in cabs that's no good (unless someone knows a way)

For cabs there is x360kb which is an Xinput hack to make a keyboard encoder register as a 360 controller. Problem is for some reason even that doesn't work with this game (doesn't work with MKX either). If it did I would have had it 100% playable within about 2 minutes of installing it.

Lol, me too, haven't been there since looking for Unreal Tournament patches and using Get Right.

I'm confused, they have made a game before, right? You would think controls would be the first thing to be added If yoyr making it for PC you need to cover every base or feel the abuse from the customer behind the keyboard.

It's (Almost) a direct port from Xbox. Xbox uses Xinput.

800x600 is available, i didn't go down any lower... I am using the iPac in my cab and was able to map both 1 and 2 player using xbox360ce and it worked well. My only issue is getting it to exit with hyperlaunch. None of the exit options in hyperlaunch seem to close it.

800x600 is available, i didn't go down any lower... I am using the iPac in my cab and was able to map both 1 and 2 player using xbox360ce and it worked well. My only issue is getting it to exit with hyperlaunch. None of the exit options in hyperlaunch seem to close it.

You're saying you got SFV working with an iPac using x360ce? From what I've read from others that x360ce doesn't work with encoders so I didn't even try it... I'll give it a shot though.

Not sure what you mean about exiting though. SFV is a PC game so you exit using the in-game exit feature.

EDIT: Went digging some more and everything says x360ce won't turn keyboard presses into Xinput. Even the dev said

we have no intent on adding keyboard support to a gamepad emulator.

Are you using a special/hacked version of it or something?

Yes I got it to work with an iPac, 6 button for each. By exit I mean using the exit button on my cab. I can exit using the in game menu but thats not user friendly for the cab. I use the exit in hyperlaunch to process close, win close or alt+f4 depending on the game however none seem to work for this game. Going to mess with it more this weekend.

Ah... wait. You must have one of the newer iPac's that outputs as keyboard and as a game controller...

Do you have to toggle a setting on or off to switch it between keyboard/controller mode or is it automatic?

The previous ones don't work that way. I guess I just need to upgrade and re-build my CP.

Actually I will double check tomorrow, trying to remember how the xbox360ce was mapping the buttons. I also have vjoy running but SFV wasnt working with just vjoy so I used xbox360ce which I think was mapping the buttons as button 1, 2, 3, etc.

I will check tomorrow night but I think I need both running.

My iPac is almost 2 years old... and I dont switch. xbox360ce is def using the vjoy configuration. I remember now when I set it up it detected vjoy joysticks so I would try installing vjoy1.2 and have the enabled when configuring xbox360ce

Hmmm... do you happen to have the AAE emulator running update 2 working on your Hyperspin setup?

If it uses VJoy then there must be an easy way to enable/disable it since so many games are incompatible or just straight up freak out with VJoy drivers running.

G*d F@#$!@~ Dammit!!! I was super excited about this game until I just downloaded it and came across these issues. Unreal.

Yep. really sucks.

They've had 4 updates since launch, but none have addressed control issues.

I think I have until Monday night at Midnight to refund it. Sucks though. A year ago when I started my cab this was one of the games I was specifically looking forward too.

Yep. really sucks.

They've had 4 updates since launch, but none have addressed control issues.

I think I have until Monday night at Midnight to refund it. Sucks though. A year ago when I started my cab this was one of the games I was specifically looking forward too.

The only way to play it is with 1 player :(

• 2 months later...

And what do you think about to create an ahk script to rebind the keys?

I should have create some for my pc games and it work fine! It is just a headache some times to set up because There are keys that whe cannot modify often in the menu .

Personnally, i dont´ own this game.

And yes, i recommend to avoid Vjoy for the same reasons you mention

ghibu

Sure AHK works awesome to re-bind keys. I use it for tons of games and other things.

But re-binding the keys isn't the real issue. The problem is it doesn't support 2-players via keyboard and AHK can't fix that.

I'm past it though. If they ever fix it I may pick it up, but the Killer Instinct guys made sure their game does work 2 player from a keyboard and that game is ******* awesome!

• 2 months later...

For this reason I decided to go with the UltraStik from Ultimarc for my cab. These sticks are recognized as gamepads, so I hopefully won't run into this kind of problem.

I can even think of building a cabinet and not being able to play the newest street fighter iterations!

For this reason I decided to go with the UltraStik from Ultimarc for my cab. These sticks are recognized as gamepads, so I hopefully won't run into this kind of problem.

I can even think of building a cabinet and not being able to play the newest street fighter iterations!

I've been planning on rebuilding my CP with those for the past year.

What's stopped me is that apparently AAE Update #2 emulator and some TTX games won't work with them.

Can you confirm or deny that?

You really shouldn't be bothering with AAE anymore.

Not sure why you'd say that. It still works far better than MAME does. not just in how it looks, but in how smoothly it plays.

I spent a lot of time doing direct comparisons about 6 months ago and while neither is perfect, the quality gap was still heavily in AAE's favor.

Unless there was a big jump in how MAME handles vector since then that I missed.

Archived