Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

A Poll! Everyone please vote!

jhabers

Arcade Cab Info  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What OS are you running on your HyperSpin Setup?

2. 2. What resolution is your monitor set to on your HyperSpin Setup??

Really surprised to see the majority using Windows 10. Happy to see no votes for Vista[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Im surprised by how many people have switched to Windows 10. The last thing I want to deal with is finding things that don't work anymore / issues with my hardware on the new OS. For those that have made the switch, are there any benefits?

The only issue I've had with Win 10 was needing to re-download DevCon and needing to exempt HS/RL in Windows Defender. Other than that I would say it seems to be more stable and solid than Win 7 was. I also think the UI is much better in 10. Other benefit would be compatibility with new stuff coming out.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest worry is that I have a lot of external hardware for my music studio/productions and I'm not sure if they are compatible or not...It would cost way too much to upgrade for me since I have a perfectly stable setup right now.

On my other computers though, why not make the jump to win10?

Yep, I still run an original P4 Northwood in my cab. A CPU released 14 years ago.

Retro parts for retro gaming! lol

Doesn't all that coal smoke tarnish your cab? or is it a later model that doesn't run on steam power? Just hope you're vacuum tubes keep working, cause those babies are getting hard to replace.

Doesn't all that coal smoke tarnish your cab? or is it a later model that doesn't run on steam power? Just hope you're vacuum tubes keep working, cause those babies are getting hard to replace.

I'm good as long as the hamster doesn't die. :)

I take back what I said about NO issues on Windows 10.

I can't for the life of me get Sega Cue Maker to run. Which is a total **** when you get a poor quality disc game. Took me forever to find a half-decent copy of CT Special Forces for the PSX that was just good enough I could even mount it.

I take back what I said about NO issues on Windows 10.

I can't for the life of me get Sega Cue Maker to run. Which is a total **** when you get a poor quality disc game. Took me forever to find a half-decent copy of CT Special Forces for the PSX that was just good enough I could even mount it.

Just fire up a HyperV (built into Win10) and create a VM for the OS you require. Then run the app in that VM.

I am running Win 10 Pro X64 on a top notch rig (Skylake 4.0Ghz, Gigabyte G1 Mainboard etc) with GTX 980Ti Xtreme

In the lounge I run in 2K on a 50" Screen as 4K is too small to read properly , but if I play on the projector it's in 1080p and looks awesome :)

In the office, same spec PC with 3 screens - the main one is 42" 1080p

With regards to you guys asking about Win 10 - we did many bench marks and on a like for like system with Win 7 x64 we could pull about 30% more speed on Win 10 when gaming with GTX 980 & GTX 980Ti XTREME GPU's -  a big difference :)

I hated leaving Win 7 behind and some things in Win 10 piss me off like no preview bar on the bottom, but with apps like OLDNEWEXPLORER and SHELL FOLDER FIX, Win 10 is OK, install them if you wnat a decent OS :)

With regards to you guys asking about Win 10 - we did many bench marks and on a like for like system with Win 7 x64 we could pull about 30% more speed on Win 10 when gaming with GTX 980 & GTX 980Ti XTREME GPU's -  a big difference :)

I hated leaving Win 7 behind and some things in Win 10 piss me off like no preview bar on the bottom, but with apps like OLDNEWEXPLORER and SHELL FOLDER FIX, Win 10 is OK, install them if you wnat a decent OS :)

This is another reason I'm begrudgingly switching. I'd have switched forever ago if it wasn't for the UI changes ><; They changed aspects of the OS in an attempt to make certain things more user friendly that didn't need to be any more user friednly and it's just a pain for Windows  veterans.

This is another reason I'm begrudgingly switching. I'd have switched forever ago if it wasn't for the UI changes ><; They changed aspects of the OS in an attempt to make certain things more user friendly that didn't need to be any more user friednly and it's just a pain for Windows  veterans.

Some parts of Win 10 are a pain in the arse, like the settings - FFS Microsoftr leave it where it was in Win 7 and forget you ever released Win 8, put that in the trash with Vista and Millennium Edition of XP - every other OS is shit lol 

I have about 4 programs on Win 10 to make it like Win 7 haha (as mentioned earlier)

Windows Blinds is cool, and Fences, for your Icons, that's a really cool program and only $10 :)

Win10 is great as a platform, but all the Apple like 'user friendly' features are a total pain. It's more annoying & less user friendly for power users and the rest is too unused to do anything in those settings anyway and it's helping them nada.

Some things I love, but I really have to turn off & uninstall a lot more than win7. It almost feels like MS is like a OEM laptop builder that puts all kinds of bloatware on your system. Or those 'helpful user friendly' programs that come with some camera's, scanners & other devices that are only a pain and a less optimal way to do anything usefull like copying files etc.

They should make it a lot easier to turn features off, uninstall em or even opt out when installing in the 1st place -cough OneDrive cough-

• 3 weeks later...

So 70% of use 1920x1080, yet everything still keeps getting created in 4:3.

yep i try to update my setup to 16:9 and as been dificult to find all themes... That's why I started a thread about 16:9 themes and start to create some 16:9 themes myself ;)

• 2 months later...

Knewlife, didn't I send you an e-mail with themes in 16:9 in PSD format? I can't remember if I did or not to be honest.

What themes are you looking for? I've converted a bunch of my themes to 16:9 recently. Now that work is not as crazy as the last few months, I'll start uploading everything to the downloads section.

Knewlife, didn't I send you an e-mail with themes in 16:9 in PSD format? I can't remember if I did or not to be honest.

What themes are you looking for? I've converted a bunch of my themes to 16:9 recently. Now that work is not as crazy as the last few months, I'll start uploading everything to the downloads section.

Are you thinking about uploading them in packs? I'd be interested as well. Thanks!

yep. Uploaded just 2 pc engine cd and mugen, you have been credited as the original auto and I just for putting the thing toggeter :) . Have to check others.

I have been busy with work, school (yeah I'm 28 but have to keep learning as i'm also teaching   :P ) but also with with migrating to RocketLauncher.

EDIT: Don't upload the mugen theme yet... gonna check today

And yes please... upload all your themes :D

Ime running HS in my cab which runs Windows 7 and 800x600 res to keep as close to most originals as possible as my monitor does not support 640x480.

Just out of interest are the guys running windows 10 running that just on regular PC builds or running dedicated cabs with windows 10?

Ime running HS in my cab which runs Windows 7 and 800x600 res to keep as close to most originals as possible as my monitor does not support 640x480.

Just out of interest are the guys running windows 10 running that just on regular PC builds or running dedicated cabs with windows 10?

Mine is a dedicated cab. win 10.

• 1 month later...

Archived