Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Request for AAE emulator support

The Loafer

Hey BBB/HS team,

There's another arcade emulator that deserves the HyperSpin treatment: AAE. For those not familiar with it, it's a vector based arcade emulator, for games such as Tempest, Asteroids, etc.

"But Loaf you moron, Mame already handles those real well"

Yeah, it certainly does, but check out this page and see for yourself what makes this particular emulator so unique.

"Loaf, don't waste my time, I'm busy making themes here. What's so special about it?"

Sorry, ok, the uniqueness of this emu is that it simulates the phosporous nature of those classic games. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, so check out the homepage and see for yourself. I messed around with the emulator about 6 months ago, works great BUT it didn't support Star Wars. Guess what, new release yesterday and new games supported: Star Wars :).

Please note: this emulator requires a modern video card. Whining about it isn't going to do you any good, that's just the way it is :).

http://pages.suddenlink.net/aae/

edit: I broke down and attached a couple of pics. Notice the nice effect to the bullets, motion blur, etc?

post-181-14287057061_thumb.jpg

post-181-142870570612_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Anybody have trouble changing the controls for star wars?

I am using xpadder and all the other games (so far) are working great but when i go into tab in AAE

for star wars and change the up/down/left/right to the keys i want (a,b,c,d), the game continues to respond only to the up down left right arrow buttons (ie the default) .

i checked inside the starwars.aae key config file and the keys have been changed to 1,2,3,4 (ie a,b,c,d) but the game still only responds to the up down left right arrow keys

AND the other keys that i have changed in the star wars game (ie coin, start etc) are changing in the game appropriately......weird

not having this problem with any other game..

\

anybody else??

thanks

craig

Im not sure how do you tell what version it is?

By what you installed. :)

In my case I have Windows 7 so the aaeu2 has an issue with the EXE inside it so I just unzip all the other files and leave it with the aaeu1 exe. But for XP I believe that the exe works fine.

Also are you talking about Star Wars Rev 1 or Rev 2?

I never got the program to work. It would always just just show a black screen or say the program was not responding.

I got it to work, ironically by not following the instructions. Try without using the last update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
What version of AAE are you guys using? I know the second update had an issue with the exe and newer OS but the other files from the second update could be used. Would test it but sleep typing.

Is it worth downloading aae and cave? Do the use the same roms as mame? Where can I find those emulators? I have a compiled version of mame no nag and cave but I don't know how to tap the cave part :-) help?!

Is it worth downloading aae and cave? Do the use the same roms as mame? Where can I find those emulators? I have a compiled version of mame no nag and cave but I don't know how to tap the cave part :-) help?!

For Cave just create the wheel with HyperHQ like you would normally and drop in the xml in the database folder and use hyperlaunchhq to point roms to your mame set. Use mame as the emulator. And for AAE you can also use mame or the actual AAE emulator located here http://pages.suddenlink.net/aae/.

Archived