Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Took me a couple of weeks setting up AtomicFE so all my Emus worked on it..visual pinball was a *****....had a quick mess around with Hyperspin and it took me about 10 mins...will be installing Hyperspin when i upgrade my cabinet's PC soon..

So yes! It's great..free too :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HyperSpin FTW. This FE kicks so much ass it's hard to believe it's free.

It rekindled my emulation bug (halfway through Final Fantasy 1):stupid:

I don't use it in a Cab (don't have one) but it is a thing of beauty on my HTPC.

Nothing like starting it up and kicking back on the couch without having to get up and touch a keyboard.

Once setup properly, the Wheel Images and especially the Box Art add so much nostalgia. Kudos to all who worked on the sets.

If I wasn't so damn poor atm, I'd toss you guys a donation.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard so much about Hyperspin, seen the demo's on YouTube etc, and quite a bit of discussions about it on another retro game site, I finally decided to give it a shot.

WOW, no looking back for me now, this FE is better than I even Imagined and seems (so far) very simple to set up and add more themes etc.

Thank you for all your hard work and keep it up. :)

I like it. I think areas like configuration via GUI need a lot of work, especially when it comes to hyperlaunch though. It is my belief that an application should only have a user enter a scripting environment by their choice or under the most extreme of conditions.

But I thought it was awesome enough to make a gold donation because the majority of things in it work well and are easy to set up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love this front end. I would like to thank the creators for making such an amazing and powerful creation. I think it is the best and most interesting frontend for classic gaming. As a new user, I found setting it up a little bit overwhelming at first. Hyperspin is a very powerful tool. I do not understand the scripting at all. I am addicted to fooling around with it though. I have spent two weeks trying to make ZINC work. Funny thing is 3 games work in ZINC through Hyperspin. Dancing Eyes, Xevious, and Soul edge run through Hyperspin. Zinc works fine outside Hyperspin and runs the games smooth and fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I got into the emulation scene a while ago having amassed a huge collection of Nintendo stuff. Part of it being a Playchoice 10 cab. This got me back playing games i loved again, and how they should be played. I then found another cab and rescued it from the skip. It was all Jamma and was in shit condition, so i stripped it all out and had this idea of turning it into an emulator cab. 6 years on, and all that remains of that Jamma cab is the coin door!!! My cab is almost finished, finally got the paint job right. Spraying in my cold garage was a nightmare. It's based on Retrospace. Where can i post pics of my cabinet when it's finished???

Anyway, back on topic, messed around with loads of FE's, Ultratsyle, GameLauncher, then Maximus Arcade (which i like, but has very poor support and updates, the forums are basically dead, with only one guy Delusional29 really helping everybody), but then saw Hyperspin on some you toob video, a couple of weeks back. I downloaded and after 30 mins donated. This was a FE going somewhere, with a very active forum too I had spent soo long building my cabinet i had to do it justice, it's pushing my emulation pc to the max, but Hyperspin was the only choice. Cant wait for the new release.

Keep up the good work Triple B and the Gang.

I'd honestly have to say meh.. There are some aspects I like about Hyperspin, yet I find the interface a little clustered. Everything seems to overlap itself and things are just all over the place, now I understand you can change this but to do so would have to take a lot of work. As atm (waiting to see what 2.0 is like) everything has to be done manually and its not really fun trying to set up. So I'm hoping that the new version will be amazing and have all its tools there and ready to be used because I've got a lot of hope with this FE as its got probably the most emulator support.

I'd honestly have to say meh.. There are some aspects I like about Hyperspin, yet I find the interface a little clustered. Everything seems to overlap itself and things are just all over the place, now I understand you can change this but to do so would have to take a lot of work. As atm (waiting to see what 2.0 is like) everything has to be done manually and its not really fun trying to set up. So I'm hoping that the new version will be amazing and have all its tools there and ready to be used because I've got a lot of hope with this FE as its got probably the most emulator support.

That's because you either A) Do not know about the included HYPERHQ that is used to configure HS. OR B) Didn't know that if you DONT install individual themes you will have a single standard non overlapping theme that is not in your opinion cluttered.

Go ahead and wait for 2.0 the rest of us will continue reading documentation, creating documentation and pointing grateful users in the right direction.

If I am coming off as pissy it is only because your statements are vague and show clearly that you are just unfamiliar.

A better composed statement would be

"Hey I like HS is there anyway to make my themes look and uncluttered? Also, I am having a hard time editing all the INI's by hand. Do you have a configuration problem to help users like myself?

I love the new HyperSpin but when i play a game and hit escape i have to left click the mouse to get it going to the themes again?

For the best support you may want to create a new thread in the support forum. Does it do this with all emulators or just MAME?

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived