Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

Just started this whole arcade cabinet thing a week ago, an just decided on an FE.

OMG, I don't even understand other choices to be honest, Hyperspin is the sickest I've seen.

thank you so much for this, looking to support you guys in the years to come.

wow, and wow again.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted - and why, this FE is just amazing.

For a long time, i tried to intergrate my emulators into

my mediaportal htpc setup. And well - that didnt really work out.

Then i stumbled upon HS - and it was a direct WOW!

It took me ages to configure, and work out stuff, to make

it as shiny as i see in the demo video's. But it worked out.

...almost everything is as i want it, and i almost understand

how i did it :P

So

I want to thank ALL who is working on this brilliant piece!

Also, thumbs up for those making the video's graphics, and

tutorials....its great.

A hi 5 from peter, holland

I voted - and why, this FE is just amazing.

For a long time, i tried to intergrate my emulators into

my mediaportal htpc setup. And well - that didnt really work out.

Then i stumbled upon HS - and it was a direct WOW!

It took me ages to configure, and work out stuff, to make

it as shiny as i see in the demo video's. But it worked out.

...almost everything is as i want it, and i almost understand

how i did it :P

So

I want to thank ALL who is working on this brilliant piece!

Also, thumbs up for those making the video's graphics, and

tutorials....its great.

A hi 5 from peter, holland

what do you mean almost everything prehaps if you ask nicely, the guys WILL try to help you the best they can (and trust me, you'd be surprised what these guys can do for you)

I am brand new to the site and have to say I think Hyperspin is the most incredible program ever created , i mean it is OUTSTANDING!!!! Going to donate next so i can acess the FTP , omg , i just quiver thinking of what my Cab is going to look like with all these awsome features , if i had to rate the program out of ten i would give it a million!!

Incredible just incredible ... i flabergasted.

Must give a thanks a million shout out to all who made it what it is ... Respect! big time :-)

Do i LIKE Hperspin Noooo i LOVE it.. infact i'm hooked... Dam i aint got a proper life no more..

LOL yea i think i'm getting there too, its like when ppl say just twitter it, of did u facebook it, or just myspace me?? NOW we all can say "I HYPERSPIN IT!! LOL!! yaryar nomnom!!

:tee:

• 2 weeks later...

i have no idea what im doing complete noob and i already love hyper spin..so where do i vote count me in and i already have most of hyper spin setup with all avail games ..im loving it..cant wait to finish my cabinet....i will sending in my donation in the next 5 min

• 2 weeks later...

Hyperspin is awesome. By far the best frontend. It is powerful. I love it. I made a completely custom Visual pinball set. The wheel of my VP setup is the backglass of each pinball table. It took me months to complete. Promo videos of the tables play on my favorites. My pinball wheel also has videos of the real tables. Hyperspin is so amazing. It took me a good while to get the basics of it but like I said it is powerful and that is what can sometimes frustrate newbies like myself. Highest rating.

I love it, but will refuse to donate or pay anything for it till I can get pcgames working via it and other issues that I believe are settings/config related and/or likely me missing something...

Once thats done, I will review possible donate or buy outright. I love the product.

Though the themes/genres seems a bit too much, I understand why its in there.

But the people I know will pick&choose what parts of them to keep and what not to keep. (for me most of the genre was removed, as well as the nonmame systems wheels) Though I will add them back in future if & when I get them if ever.

Im in the process of building my 'man-cave' and I have no intention of ever buildign a arcade cabinet..

AS it is, we will have 3 laptops (high end but rugged 2 of which are panasonic field laptops (very boune resistant) ... and two desktops running a fullscale game server.

I will likley never do a true cabinet as I want my visitors to sitback and have fu, and/or stand up if they choose... A cabinet is too much the original arcade idea.

Only if I did a 'captain kirk' startrek chair, might i actually do some variant for true cabinet furniture.

As far as hyperspin, those laptops sole use are arcade (mame) and Hercules (mainframe emulation) and nothing else. And the Hercules runs 24x7 whiel the mame is always up but not always played (except for mine).

Plus i do like being able to take the mame/mainframe with me anywhere.

But I applaude those spending the time/effort to go that extreme (to me its not worth the $$, but thats 'in the eye of the beholder' deal.

This mancave will have one wall that is all games or mainframe emu.

Along with real pc use in same area.

I actually run a inhouse biz that is mainframe support so I needed to have the same equipment handle both emu's of games and systemwide emu's.

Im not sure yet if I want to hyperspin the mainframe stuff though it might be a interesting twist.

That brings up a question... and if Hyperspin might move this question to more appropriate place Im cool.

What uses have people seen for hyperspin, other than game related emulation.

It would be interesting to see what has been tried?

Other uses? Hyperspin could be used as an adventure game itself - with the background art depicting a story or graphical representation of an adventure. EG: Screenshots of Tomb Raider levels with actions on the wheel art (run forward, jump left, jump for rope etc - maybe using icons instead of text) the next menu corresponds to the selected action and the next screen in the adventure is the background. When wolves or crocodiles attack, the theme could have sound effects and said animals bounding onto the screen etc. Could include puzzles, mazes etc and with flv videos of gameplay for action scenes, the possibilities are endless. Almost ;)

huh?.

I never said anything about both at same time. Funny you!.

There are plenty of games that justify standing and playing, but the vast majority of arcade games Ive see so far, none require anything but lounging around and play.

While the WII I have mostly is those sort of games.

As it is, the mancave wont have room for a true arcade cabinet setup.

Even if I did, I would definately include a 'mute' on the box or similar.

I could see doing a game-chair like above someday.

Interesting idea, seems a bit intense on the data.. I was in reality thinking litterally in terms of front end uses . But hey... many ideas abound.

MY ideas:

1. Use of HS to run Hercules (HS) -(mainframe emulator)...

Though it may seem like overkill, HS is a low resource use emulation that can really emulate a true single user mainframe of the 1960's thru 1990's and with proper setup even more on up to OS390 and Z/OS and LINUX (mainframe).

2. Other emulators as noted on this site.

3. Maybe even the classic PC VMWARE (MICROSOFTS emulation stuff)>

What about using HS as follows:

Some variant of setup to replace ones desktop &/or taskbar?

Sounds weird I think but Im introducing all ideas even if stupid.

I use objectdock on my laptops totally (instead of taskbar), and on the vista64 I use it as a better use taskbar (per 64bit issues).

I use FENCES (from same site) as a nicer way to control clutter and etc on the desktop.

Better than having folders as fences are open allthetime and are invisible directory wise.

Im thinking it may be overkill for this idea, but hey.

I've just downloaded and installed the new version of Hyperspin. It's brilliant!

I followed the new look install instructions and it was incredibly easy.

I'd downloaded the minted theme set which looks really good. I've just ordered a set of DVDs of videos from emumovies and can't wait to get them installed.

The best bit for me was the Hyperspin 1.2 update that allows Hyperspin to load straight away with my favorites.

It was really simple to edit the favorites txt file with a list of my favorites and then use the new setting so that all my favorites were displayed as soon as Hyperspin launched. Much simpler than creating a new wheel.......

So a big thank you to the team.

• 2 months later...

I think a Hyperjuke would be a nice addition , turn the PC into a juke box , would like to see the option to select an album and a subwheel to select asong from the album, could see genre and favs in there too? what do ya think guys , i reckon the guys here have the brains to make it happen , should we push it to be done?

Love evrything on offer so far but could see this as a great addition!

• 3 weeks later...
I think a Hyperjuke would be a nice addition , turn the PC into a juke box , would like to see the option to select an album and a subwheel to select asong from the album, could see genre and favs in there too? what do ya think guys , i reckon the guys here have the brains to make it happen , should we push it to be done?

Love evrything on offer so far but could see this as a great addition!

Search forum for Koolbrez67's amazing HS media center with its gorgeous wall of sound.

(it's a skin, but a good one at that.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted for it, Hyperspin is a great!

In my book a really great FE needs to do more than just run a bunch of emulators, great visuals and easy navigation need equal billing. That's what I love about Hyperspin, it puts presentation front and center giving it it's due alongside the emulation.

Hey

If you like Hyperspin please show your support by voting on the BYOAC forum.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=84933.0

Bill has put so much time and effort into this amazing free FE, I think the least we can do is take a minute and go vote for it.

After 6 years of goofing around with a lot of these frontends, I settled on HyperSpin. I love the look and feel of it and just need to learn the finite details of tweaking it to my needs.

Top shelf stuff. While you are voting, help Bill keep this beast alive by donating too.

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived