Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started working on my first cabinet, i'm really pumped to get it up and running in my garage. I think the biggest chunk of motivation came from a youtube video where some dude was showing off his cab with hyperspin, when i learned that this was something anyone could set up i freaked out. thanks for everything you guys do, the devs the contributors, you guys rock.

• 3 weeks later...

I got into MAME again about a month ago and tried every frontend I could get my hands on. HyperSpin is the best its beautiful and functional. The problem I have is I am no longer collecting Mame roms but every other functional emulator. Thanks for feeding my digital media OCD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Spinners, yes HS reins supreme. I wanted to say howdy to the members of Hyperspin. I really have learned so much about the program from this website. I ran GameEx for a few years but recently had to redo my first cab and went with HS. Thanks for the sharing the knowledge and please keep up the excellent 'how to'' sections. I'm sure I'll be asking a few specifics as I try to get the most out of this great FE. Awesome website too!!

I'm very new to frontends in general. I have always coped with launching each emulator individually. I saw videos of HS on youtube and was amazed. This really will revolutionize the way I see emulation - it is such an entertaining experience. Can't wait to get set up! :).

Not building a cab, but very tempted to opt for a x-arcade and get stuck into the classic games.

Struck me again for some reason today that after installing Hyperspin over 2 years ago, I've simply enjoyed this hobby more than in the decade of emulation I was involved in before. Hyperspin just makes the whole experience REALLY fun!!! Selecting stuff from the wheels with background art and bespoke tunes is almost as much fun as playing the games. Cheers BBB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Building an arcade machine, was always a dream i had, i've been playing video games since atari 2600, which is funny cuz i actually had the generic Gemini verison that ran atari 2600 games with a joystick 1 button and a paddle, i evenutally got a nintendo, started to become an addict, borrowing games from friends, i got a paper route just so i could buy snes when it came out, i flirted with every new console as they got release i owned a saturn at one point, n64, ps2, and borrowed a psx from my friend just to play ff7 which i completed all 3 disks.... video game junkie.... after school right to the super nintendo, video games were my life.... When i first started building my collection of retro games, mame had always interested me, and once i had a good collection, i found out about hyperspin, fell in love instantly, just the intro and the wheel its so amazing, i knew i found the front end i was going to use.... at first it was love hate relationship with hyperspin, when i upgraded to hyperlaunch 2.0 there are lots of tutorials and once i joined the forum i realized how great the community was, i even tryed to help out with some emulation problems myself, hyperspin is one of those programs that basically u can take as deep as you want to, there is always things u can add to make your front end work better, adding artwork, new systems, admittingly i had a quite a few sleepless nites trying to figure it out, once i managed to get mame working, i knew this was going to worth it in the end, i'm still in shock actually.... i paid 350 bucks for a basic computer, which i learned to overclock something that is complicated in another sense, but it just fueled me to get hyperspin running at peak preformance... support on the forums is great, everyone is helpful, its amazing how many of us came together to make such an amazing forum, this couldnt be done without BBB's programming and help from his guru's.... i spent nearly a year on this and finally purchased a cabinet with a 2 player ipac controller, 2 usb wireless ps3 controllers to run the newer emulators, and added 4 player action, Hyperspin is a labour of love, flowing with memories and nostalgia... Everyone who's seen my cabinet so far, even from picture i took, are like wow, what started off as a simple project became an obsession... to completion... to bliss.... Thanks to all those ppl who created hyperspin, the awesome support, i plan on donating... something this awesome gets my support 100%

Love Hyperspin!! just finished 1.0 setup and prob not too keen to go through this again for 2.0 as this was suposed to be ready last year when starting this project....

More time to build an arcade Cab or a Future Pinball Table :-D

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived