Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Kega Fusion and Windows 8

Trnzaddict

I would much prefer that the dll fix is not mentioned ahead of the first fix considering it breaks shit and the first one doesn't and the first fix doesn't take much longer than the second one to accomplish anyways. My take:

Note for Windows 8 and 8.1 users: You may experience an issue with Fusion never getting higher than 33.5fps. Use Ctrl+F to bring up the FPS counter in Fusion to check if you are affected. This is caused by some compatibility changes Microsoft made for DirectDraw applications. There are two ways of fixing this issue:

1) Apply a compatibility patch for the Fusion executable using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit

2) Copy a prepatched ddraw.dll into the Fusion directory.

Using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit is a cleaner fix but takes a few minutes to go through the steps to apply. Using the prepatched ddraw.dll file is quick and simple but may break the right-click menus when in full-screen mode, requiring you to make all configuration changes with the emulator windowed.

Both methods are fully detailed with downloads, instructions and screenshots at http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=99477&post=1202630

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would much prefer that the dll fix is not mentioned ahead of the first fix considering it breaks shit and the first one doesn't and the first fix doesn't take much longer than the second one to accomplish anyways.

The only reason I used the dll is because fur stated the first fix didn't do anything, but I'll give it a whirl this weekend to see what happens :)

• 2 months later...
The only reason I used the dll is because fur stated the first fix didn't do anything, but I'll give it a whirl this weekend to see what happens :)

Unfortunately I can confirm this. The first fix did not change anything on Windows 8.1.

I used the dll and it works great. The only drawback is that right-clicking to bring up the menu doesn't work anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Unfortunately I can confirm this. The first fix did not change anything on Windows 8.1.

I used the dll and it works great. The only drawback is that right-clicking to bring up the menu doesn't work anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

This dll is also needed for Freezesms unfortunately. Another thing the fix breaks is HyperPause functionality.

I had to modify the Fusion script to run windowed full screen and the same with freeze sms to get HyperPause functionality back and full screen.

Fortunately Retroarch has just as good if not better Genesis/Sega CD emulation so the only thing I use Kega for now is for it's solid 32x core and Freeze sms lets me use my wii gun to play Lightphaser games correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just dropping by to say that the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit fix doesn't do anything for me and the fixed .dll makes Fusion crash the instant I go fullscreen. Running Windows 8.1 here, 64 bit. My screen supports up to 140 hertz variable refresh rates and I have a Gefore 770, latest stable drivers. I followed the instructions to the letter, three times over. Whatever this is, it's not my doing. I'm guessing it is something recent in Windows that is messing it up.

Archived