Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame help for shield tv

blansmith

57 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

Also my MAME romset is 0.182 and works fine

I will have to make do with bezels on the MAME4DROID set

Are you using the same rom and artwork sets for BOTH mame4droid and retroarch?

mame4droid is based on MAME .139 and the are hundreds/thousands of name changes between that and .182 as I tried to match a wheel set and hardly any match.

romname should match artwork name and also be of the same version of the emulator. .182 or .139 

@thatman84 - yes I am using 0.182 romset + chd's for MAME RetroArch and MAME 0.139u romset for MAME4DROID

As I say, everything works fine for each system just no bezels showing for RetroArch despite doing everything you have all stated

This is my setup:

MAME 0.182 ROMSET + CHDS located on 3tb external hard drive :      H:/Hyperspin/Emulators/MAME/roms

Artwork now located on external hard drive :                                       Android\data\com.retroarch\files\system\mame\Artwork (I have used the mame folder Badheim posted)

Also tried putting it on internal drive :                                                  Internal shared storage\RetroArch\System\mame\Artwork

Also tried putting artwork in :                                                                H:/Hyperspin/Emulators/MAME/artwork

Settings for MAME are pointing to  :                                                      H:/Hyperspin/Emulators/MAME/roms

I have gone into RetroArch and to quick menu, then turned on read and write options and then saved.

Both systems for MAME on RetroArch and MAME4DROID work perfectly on NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 version on Hyperspin

Bezels work perfectly on MAME4DROID for MAME

Bezels are correct as they work on MAME4DROID and PC version of MAME

Only thing NOT working are the bezels on RetroArch for MAME 0.182 using MAME core. The games play fine, just no bezel when game starts

Thanks

10 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

@thatman84 - yes I am using 0.182 romset + chd's for MAME RetroArch and MAME 0.139u romset for MAME4DROID

As I say, everything works fine for each system just no bezels showing for RetroArch despite doing everything you have all stated

What artwork sets are you using
? Same for both or version specific. It only matters for games that have changed

10 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

yes i have checked, they are correct bezels

example 1941

1941_inst_2.png
1941_inst_3.png
default.lay
1941_inst_1.png

This is a BAD example as there is no bezel for this game in your above files. They are instructional cards

I tested 1943.zip rom with 1943.zip artwork on PC and Shield & with system folder on my network hard drive. I didnt have time to pull my shield out and connect a hard drive but I dont see any reason for it not to work.

I also did not test this from launching via Hyperspin because I have mine pointed to mame4droid.

Can you test the below please

place empty folders Anywhere on your external harddrive

system/mame/artwork

place the 1943.zip artwork from Mr Do's site (http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.php)

in the system/mame/artwork folder

Load RA. Go to settings->directory

change your system/bios directory to the above system/ folder on you hard drive.

run the 1943 rom from within RA. The bezel should load.

I had read and write config enable in retroarch core options but that should not make any difference.

If it dont load open up the MAME UI in retroarch and check in Video settings that all the artworks are enabled

@THATMAN84

Finally got it working, thanks for all your help.

I uninstalled RetroArch completely from NVS and re-installed with todays latest nightly version of RetroArch, pointed to system directory and now all bezels are showing

Is there a way to point MAME4DROID to this same folder of artwork or does that need to stay on the internal drive on NVS ?

Only reason is because I only have 16gb version and have no space left, artwork is over 7gb

Thanks again

2 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

@THATMAN84

Finally got it working, thanks for all your help.

I uninstalled RetroArch completely from NVS and re-installed with todays latest nightly version of RetroArch, pointed to system directory and now all bezels are showing

Is there a way to point MAME4DROID to this same folder of artwork or does that need to stay on the internal drive on NVS ?

Only reason is because I only have 16gb version and have no space left, artwork is over 7gb

Thanks again

Mame 4 droid needs artwork in it system folder . Damn 7 gigs of artwork. Mines only 2.5

Speaking of Mame help, for some reason I can't move in any direction with the d-pad on any games, instead I can only move using the left analog stick only, all other buttons work though. Retroarch Mame doesn't have it's own in-core controller options so I tried to go to the regular main input options to config but that didn't do anything. I'm on rooted Shield TV 3.3 using an official ps3 sixaxis pad if that counts for anything. Using Mame 0.182 on Retroarch 1.4.1 as well.

Edit: Configuring a d-pad direction to a action button seems to work for some strange reason but still won't work when I go back and try any of the actual 4 direction buttons. Every other Mame core plus all other cores I try the direction pad works, 0.182 is the only one that doesn't.

Edit again: Just read on the Retroarch forums that this is some kind of known issue

Archived