Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Attack of the Pinz - 42"/19"/32"

gbeef

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's gorgeous. I love the image from that backglass. Your backbox side art also looks cool.

Any way to set it with some alien green lighting while browsing hyperpin?

Is there a way to to set it?

gbeef, are you using crees for the backbox., as I was just wondering if ya using heat sinks as it looks like your not??

I'm not using heat sinks on my setup t i used a piece of giant flat bar aluminum instead and layed it on the top. The reason for that is so i can bring the LED's forward and not have them hidden in the back. This way the LED's light the front better and not my roof.

Yes i'm running cree's.

Looks cool, what did you make it out of?

Printed on my inkjet and and then layered it so it looks 3d. There different layers for the blast, logo, alien and girl. Used foamcore

I noticed I haven't updated the thread with recent pictures. here's some new shots my cabinet it's 90% complete. Ignore the giant box and the subwoofer beside it, that's for my new project lol...

enjoy.

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

Topper shots

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

Video to come!

Thanks guys, im thinking of adding a strobe also. ( considering where? GSTAV your strobe setup let me considering mounting internally) I might add foil to the topper so it shines like white water. I was thinking about adding to the topper also with other artwork from other machines. But because it took like 2 days to recreate the current one We'll see, i know i want to keep it simple.

Here's some video of everything running if i were to do it again i would be done everything gold plated...

I'm running 4X LED's RGBW and one solid W in the middle. I like this setup alot because it spreads the lighting out and its not so hectic where you have 3 switches firing all at once in one LED. Where you get mixed colors but accident. The only down side is having no life and configuring all the tables custom. lol

Enjoy!

Sa5gPneR0RY

Topper only

WpPip0OMDI8

Video of shot from afar

c-gYNHj5spg

I have one more loading its one shot with the lights on.

I was thinking about mounting my Cree's like that when I get them, but had doubts about using just the aluminum strip. Does that really help cool the Cree's even after prolonged use? Do the Cree's really get that hot?

I was thinking about mounting my Cree's like that when I get them, but had doubts about using just the aluminum strip. Does that really help cool the Cree's even after prolonged use? Do the Cree's really get that hot?

Crees do warm up quickly over time. But the flat bar in my mind does a nice job. Also led supply sells only flat bar with there LEDs. Im using 2inch Wide. But you could 3 in.

I don't plan on having my crees on for a long period of time. Also you get bettter heat dissipation because the bar inst barried in the wood inside the box.

Real sharp cab mate, u must be pleased as punch!

Will you be adding a beast of a strobe light like chriz did??

I like chris strobe but I may go with a smaller strobe.

Njay

What theme is your cab. Its quite easy to make a topper just reuse the side art. Inst yours a monster bash. I could suggest to you where to cut and materials to buy if needed.

• 2 months later...

It was a toss up for me between building a driving cab or a pinball machine.

Id love to do a driving cab next but ive run out of room now :) need to move house.

You going for a 3 screen driving setup?, something like 3 x 42" would be lovely.

It was a toss up for me between building a driving cab or a pinball machine.

Id love to do a driving cab next but ive run out of room now :) need to move house.

You going for a 3 screen driving setup?, something like 3 x 42" would be lovely.

Naww nothing to crazy. Want it to look like an arcade style.

Exelenté, top cab!!! Tell us more about the dmd feature please, saw back to the future logo passing ...

I just have my dmd set as background. I did however have an animation at one time I removed it because it took up too many resources.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived