Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hurstys Animated Wheel Art Pack

juicelee

Just now, juicelee said:

ok mate thanks, i think these need to be looked into, the artist name is hursty and he normally makes themes for retropie his work is amazing.

Yeh just had a look and he has made this as mp4 files. So yeh no luck with the current Hyperspin.

I'd hope that when Hyperspin 2.0 comes out sometime within the next 100 years it might have support!

This is for Attract mode obviously, it's common to see people using it on the Raspberry Pi over Retropie. There was a time Retropie didn't do video previews, so this was a popular solution. 

Attract mode can be done on PC if you really want this desperately. Many frontends borrow heavily from Hyperspin assets, you can still be a part of this community even if using an alternate frontend.

hyperspin is the no1 front end for me , i loved retro pie and attract mode for the simplicity of running it (ie no windows) but you soon realize the linitations with the power and emulator support. missing model 2,3 and singe daphne etc as a collector . come on hyperspin  lets show these clones how it done

Daphne singe is on Retropie. Sega model is getting a RetroArch core, don't know if the RPI will run it. I ditched the RPI years ago to concentrate on my Shield TV which supports Hyperspin.

I'm sure many of us would like to see animated wheels, with video in Hyperspin but I wouldn't  hold my breath.

As I said if you desperately want that look, you can do Attract mode on PC 

28 minutes ago, juicelee said:

thanks mate for the help i check it out.

To my knowledge animated wheels and pointers no longer work in Hyperspin. 

You used to be able to rename a swf (i.e flash) file to png. It stopped working on HS version 1.3 iirc. 

I've been concentrating on my Shield TV's Hyperspin setup for some time now, so my PC Hyperspin knowledge isn't completely up to speed. 

12 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

To my knowledge animated wheels and pointers no longer work in Hyperspin. 

You used to be able to rename a swf (i.e flash) file to png. It stopped working on HS version 1.3 iirc. 

I've been concentrating on my Shield TV's Hyperspin setup for some time now, so my PC Hyperspin knowledge isn't completely up to speed. 

I believe your talking about the unofficial stuff which still works but was more stable/expansive before 1.4ish

we are talking about the mew feature added a few months to HS 1.5.1 release.

animated wheels are now supported natively in SWF format (not flv like I wrote above)

heres the link, it’s worth a quick read 

4 hours ago, Bungles said:

I dont have an Adobe Suite installed on my new PC, else conversion to swf would not be that difficult.

However you will probably loose a lot of quality like the backgrounds in some of the themes I attempted.

There are websites (i.e online tools) for flv/mp4 conversion to swf. Never tried them, although I do have the Adobe suite. 

Having seen the feature added to Hyperspin 1.5.1, even if the conversion worked for Hursty's pack. It wouldn't look the same as his video, as all of his wheel art is animated whether it's selected or not.

I'm nearly done with my STV setup, as I'm close to filling up the storage. I might try this out on my PC setup after the holidays and see what's what. 

1.5.1 supports animated .swf wheel, I have used it in street fighter 3 arcade cabinet (a simple color swap when the wheel is selected).
Probably it is better to animate the .swf only when the wheel is selected to avoid high cpu usage. The wheel does not read complicated embedd code and are a bit tricky to create, need to check it but as far as I remember it is better to use stop code on the last frame as HS automatically loop them.

Older version of HS supported .swf wheel renamed to .png but we are talking of older builds, 1.4 as far as remember crash when using this trick.

Just an example of how it is possible to use animated wheel (a test I did long ago with .png rename trick)

2 hours ago, juicelee said:

nice one mate ,you brought up some good points in your video. it will be interesting if the content creators can do something with it. maybe take it to down another path.

No worries. 

Actually some of the cool looking themes for Attract mode and Launch box, are just a video showing a Hyperspin animated theme at work!

I could employ the same trick with Hyperspin and have these animated system wheels over the top of a "cinematic theme".

As I said, I prefer the wheel art to vanish and let the themes take centre stage. It's a cool feature though and I'm sure plenty of clever people will get creative with these new possibilities :)

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, Honosuseri said:

Daphne singe is on Retropie. Sega model is getting a RetroArch core, don't know if the RPI will run it. I ditched the RPI years ago to concentrate on my Shield TV which supports Hyperspin.

I'm sure many of us would like to see animated wheels, with video in Hyperspin but I wouldn't  hold my breath.

As I said if you desperately want that look, you can do Attract mode on PC 

When did they add Singe support to Retropie?  I'd love to get Time Gal working on it but I've never seen anything ever listed.

20 hours ago, MuseionMusei said:

When did they add Singe support to Retropie?  I'd love to get Time Gal working on it but I've never seen anything ever listed.

I haven't touched an RPI in ages! I know it can do Daphne as I had a lot of the games working on my Brother's RPI. It bothered me as my Shield TV couldn't do Daphne at all, the RetroArch core is still being worked on. 

If you're desperate to play Timegal. There is a port to the Amiga CD32 if you look. The RPI can emulate the Amiga with Amiberry. I played Timegal on my Android phone with Uae4arm not too long ago. I was testing stuff as I'm overhauling the Amiga for Hyperspin on Android and PC. 

On 2/20/2019 at 6:09 AM, Honosuseri said:

I haven't touched an RPI in ages! I know it can do Daphne as I had a lot of the games working on my Brother's RPI. It bothered me as my Shield TV couldn't do Daphne at all, the RetroArch core is still being worked on. 

If you're desperate to play Timegal. There is a port to the Amiga CD32 if you look. The RPI can emulate the Amiga with Amiberry. I played Timegal on my Android phone with Uae4arm not too long ago. I was testing stuff as I'm overhauling the Amiga for Hyperspin on Android and PC. 

While yes there is the Amiga and PSX, Saturn and other console versions I could use, it's not just Time Gal I want (I just happened to mention that one), there are other Singe enabled games I'd like to have loaded up on my Retropie system.

So far it looks like there isn't a way to play Daphne Singe games on there still.  It's still only Windows from what I can see.  I was surprised when I did a google search since it had been awhile checking to see what updates were available and your comment about Daphne singe is on Retropie, came up in recent searches.

31 minutes ago, MuseionMusei said:

I was surprised when I did a google search since it had been awhile checking to see what updates were available and your comment about Daphne singe is on Retropie, came up in recent searches.

I apologise for the mistake. Honestly I no longer have any interest in the RPI. They're just woefully under powered. Although there are many cool projects that can be done with them, ultimately I find them limiting for emulation. 

I just use a PC and the Shield TV exclusively now. For emulation on PC,  Nvidia GPUs are preferred for opengl performance. The Shield TV is a great device in it's own right but is also a great companion device to an Nvidia powered PC. 

This is going off the topic of animated wheel art, so I won't comment further. I apologise again for the confusion 

Archived