Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Getting a monitor, dont call me crazy!

BadBoyBill

Raffle sounds good to me too.

No way I'd drop that much coin on a monitor! Big screen HD TV's can almost be had for that!?! :stupid:

A cheap, but perhaps ugly, solution would be to design a cab that's tall up top. Say tall enough to house a 22" or bigger lcd. Then just hide the top two thirds with the marquee showing in the bottom third. (Of course, complicating the coders work I presume. Possibly, a simple fixed standard on the content creation side would be the easier way to go. Think: blank or black image on top two thirds.) Perhaps a removable panel of some sort, if desired, for when you want the monitor to provide full screen stuffage for pinball or something.

Not a clean solution & maybe even a lame idea, but a hell of a lot cheaper.

I'm thinking only a handfull of fanatic users with money to burn are going to pony up a cool grand for an oddly shaped monitor just to get a fancy marquee. (No offense meant BBB!) If it was under 3 benjamins I'd be slightly more attracted to the idea. Under $200 and I'd be there for sure.

Maybe in a few years the price will be more affordable...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way I'd drop that much coin on a monitor! Big screen HD TV's can almost be had for that!?! :stupid:

A cheap, but perhaps ugly, solution would be to design a cab that's tall up top. Say tall enough to house a 22" or bigger lcd. Then just hide the top two thirds with the marquee showing in the bottom third. (Of course, complicating the coders work I presume. Possibly, a simple fixed standard on the content creation side would be the easier way to go. Think: blank or black image on top two thirds.) Perhaps a removable panel of some sort, if desired, for when you want the monitor to provide full screen stuffage for pinball or something.

I'm thinking only a handfull of fanatic users with money to burn are going to pony up a cool grand for an oddly shaped monitor just to get a fancy marquee. (No offense meant BBB!) If it was under 3 benjamins I'd be slightly more attracted to the idea. Under $200 and I'd be there for sure.

Something so specialized is always going to be ridiculously priced, but sometimes you just want what you want :) I intend to pick one up, I want to see Bill's in action first, but it probably won't be till 2.0 comes out. I also have to verify some dimensions on my cab to see if it will fit.

That was my first thought, and the widescreen monitors aren't really that tall either

Well, I called them ( primview ) today and it turns out that as usual even primeview it's an israeli company everything cost here X20 from the price in the us, they want $ 2,500! and it's not even LG (not that it matters, but still)

so if someone see the primeview in low price please share

Not that i am knocking it. Its hella cool. But on ebay you can get peeps to make you any sized LCD for around 125 bux. They come from China but I have had one made that was 8 and 1/3 inches for a replacement in my mini van for 110.00. I just emailed the guy selling LCDs and asked him to do it. He built it and then made an auction for it.

Not that i am knocking it. Its hella cool. But on ebay you can get peeps to make you any sized LCD for around 125 bux. They come from China but I have had one made that was 8 and 1/3 inches for a replacement in my mini van for 110.00. I just emailed the guy selling LCDs and asked him to do it. He built it and then made an auction for it.

Hard to believe you can custom order a LCD screen to a particular size without a decent sized production run. I'd love to see the links too. Either way, still count me in for the raffle though, I'm not a betting man even though I hit Vegas once or twice a year but this is too good not to roll the dice on BBB so bring it on!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-8-9-LCD-Screen-AOA150-display-panel-B089AW01-A-/270648786100?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f03ecbcb4

This is the guy I asked to make one for me. But I would bet any of the guys who make these will do it for you. It was 111 bux for one to replace the DVD player screen in my van. It was a custom Job I got off ebay in the first place and the screen was Widescreen 8 and 1/3 inches. in the mounte-able player.

And I would be in for the raffel too! That screen is sweet and I am sure way better quality then an LCD screen off ebay. :)

oooPlayerooo has the china hookup on screens like that already, we were going to make some, but its usually around those small sizes for car visors, not full size like these. Actually those wouldnt be a bad alternative for someone wanting a small place to get marquees showing somewhere on their cab.

Bill does your one have the tile matrix feature in the menu ?

Does it have a dvi daisy chain module ?

I have not idea what those are. I'll know today if you tell me what to look for.

Awesome, the monitor just arrived, and I just finished up the first basic stage of the software and simply display images, and communicating with HyperSpin. I will incorporate other features as I see needed. I have to run to the doctors for a while, but when I come back I will be making a video.

Just a warning this mofo is heavier than I expected. See you guys later.

picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=3147

picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=3146

Archived