Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Getting a monitor, dont call me crazy!

BadBoyBill

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering how it would look to use duplicate 18.5" widescreens and a dualHead2Go (or triple) to connect them. They are almost exactly the same size in the end... you would just have double vertical line...

2x

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354887

for 200...

and

dualhead2go are going for about 100 bucks analog.

17.9" x 2.33" x 13.5" x 2 = 35.8" x 13.5" (16:9x2 = 32:9)

Or you could go double a 15" (http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0349744)

14.8"x 5.4" x 12.9" x2 = 29.6" x 12.9"... Saves 60 bucks and would fit in a bit more... Not sure about the bezel size.

And you could also take them out of the bezel without much trouble and might get them a bit closer... not suer how to make it look finished though...

Shoot, both won't make it my marquee... wonder if I can find smaller widescreens on ebay.

The controller board might kill a lot of the cost savings over the commercial unit, but you can get Laptop replacement screens in just about any size. That would minimize the border in between the two as well. There are some cheap controller boards on ebay, but the good ones are pretty pricey. The cheapies might be good enough for a project like this though.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing with the marquees is I drop the second app to a very low framerate because we really dont want animations and video during emulation or probably during the running of HS either during theme switching. Its probably just to resource heavy. I have it low enough to do simple fade in of the image to where it doesnt look choppy, about 12fps. I dont expect to get to crazy with the program and make it monstrous with tons of stuff happening or even scrolling information. Just simple image display with a few extra options. It will just be another program I'll have to support and maintain so I want to keep it simple as possible.

Holy cows this is so frickin awesome, ive wanted to do something like this for my cab for ages now , glad i havent finished my cab yet , going to scratch off my old marquee and implement this instead, wicked work dude.

was wondering bill are the marquees you have done so far(system ones) on the ftp anywhere?

Was thinking also, because we all like to name our cabs , maybe while the intro is lplaying a marquee could be displaying, i guesss have a HS one with the program with the option for us to add our own.

I bought it from a company online called tech for less for 750 (which is crazy), and it was refurbished. It was the last one they had though. I seen it elsewhere for around 1000-1200 new. Retail was like 3000 when they came out i think. Aimed at digital signage. the model is LG M2900S-BN.

you really got a steal on that, with as much research as ive done the lowest price ive found was 960$ refurb. if i could find one for 750 i would almost have to do it for the sheer principle of savings... at least thats what i would tell myself to sleep at night. haha either way heres the link if anyones interested... http://stores.nextag.com/store/4676728/product/940522314/29-34-LG-Electronics seems all other places charge over 1000. still havn't decided if ill be purchasing one as I have quite some time before the cab will even be started. doing my HS software stuff on the side of restoring an original neo geo mvs-4, once the neo is done then i can move on to my HS cab. Either way great job on the marquees your doing and even greater job on the incorperation into HS 2.0 cant wait for all future releases. truly addicted to hypercrack.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived