Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Getting a monitor, dont call me crazy!

BadBoyBill

I just really think this monitor is really cool, Ive never seen one like it and I've been looking for something like this for a while now. Its a marquee shaped monitor I can use for dynamic marquees in HS but life size.

The monitor is 29"

30" wide x 12" high 17:6 aspect ratio

Wish me luck on my marquee ventures, I will program an interface to HS to show the next games marquee or whatever i want on the screen. This blows betabrite out of the water.

I will build this into my upcoming HS 2.0 cab project. Should be coming in the mail in a few days.

monitor.png

monitor1.png

monitor2.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought it from a company online called tech for less for 750 (which is crazy), and it was refurbished. It was the last one they had though. I seen it elsewhere for around 1000-1200 new. Retail was like 3000 when they came out i think. Aimed at digital signage. the model is LG M2900S-BN.

Ya I would say this monitor is obviously not for everyone, but 3 years now invested in my project I would say for me this is something that will really satisfy my a lot. I could see maybe 5 people here total buying something like this but I will still start a marquee side project for those interested. I will provide the software necessary for those getting this monitor to make it work for them and you can contact me to get the software and will obviously be free for those that want it with my full support.

The software will change marquess while navigating HS not just when you launch a game.

The resolution is 1366 x 480 so that will be the size we should make the files. I'm going to ask jhabers to make a custom HyperBase submission area.

this is the primeview screen, they have them in 15.3” , 29.1” , 38.1” , 43” , 51.2”

http://primeview.biz/Products.aspx?cat=18

1000$ It's not cheap, but if it was 9" high It was perfect for me

BBB Just a suggestion

If you're already program an interface to display the marquee the second screen, maybe you can make HS support for dual screen (not only for marquee)

and another suggestion, you can make the marquee support videos not just images it will look very cool

Anyway good luck in the project , waiting to see your cabinet it will look awesome!

if theres support for .swf on the "marquee" monitor i think my brain just might fry. To many damn ideas. Although with some of the heavier flash themes boggin down some machines now, adding another "big" animation like that could easily crush lower spec systems, I would think...

But then again "this ain't your grandmas front-end" lol

if theres support for .swf on the "marquee" monitor i think my brain just might fry. To many damn ideas. Although with some of the heavier flash themes boggin down some machines now, adding another "big" animation like that could easily crush lower spec systems, I would think...

But then again "this ain't your grandmas front-end" lol

well... if someone pay 1000$ for marquee i'm guessing he can spend few $ to upgrade is pc :laugh::laugh::laugh:

it will be cool but I hope that BBB will not do it so awsome, otherwise I'll have to spend $1000 and think about how to shove it into my cab that has already too much

2 x U360

1 X 4 way joystick

2 guns

wheel + pedal + high-low shifter

flght stick

7 "touch screen

trackball

spinner

betabrite prism

kinect

xbox

rgb buttons

led underbody car kit

and few servo motors

but after seeing some things that BBB did, I guess I've got to start saving, if the screen was 9" high i would definitely buy it, but it's a bit big

Maybe just a 50/50 raffle with 1 dollar tickets, a web page setup to manage users and tickets, and maybe somehow do a live cast of pulling the winners name. The extra money will back into the forum somehow in terms of maybe costs and development. We will also host web pages for marquee cleanups and submissions specific to the monitors native resolution. I did around 100 marquees yesterday and they are very nice. I'll keep busting them out for you guys so that by the time 2.0 comes out you'll have a huge selection for main menu items and system and game specific ones.

We (jhabers) is programming the pages right now to get the project off the ground. I know the monitor is really expensive as well as the altenatives posted but I really hope at least a couple people get one so Im not alone. Circo is for sure getting one, I'll have a video up soon showing it working. The raffle is so that we can get at least one person one to enjoy.

count me also

anyway i will call tomorrow to primeview ( it's an israeli company ) so maybe i can buy this cheaper because ship this from the us can cost a lot

BBB just so you know that if I buy it I'll send you my bank manager and you have a lot of explanations to give him

Archived