Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Getting a monitor, dont call me crazy!

BadBoyBill

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an app on my phone that will allow it to function as a second monitor. Will the marquee function work on that? It'll be small and such, but it'd be a neat gimmick. I guess what I'm asking, is will there be any weird resolution requirements, or will it work automagicly?

• 1 month later...

btw.....the dynamic marquee display looks great but seems pricey @ 1k. Hopefully prices come down and they come up with something like 24x6 or so in the few hundred dollar range

are you planning on some sort of screensaver/fade so that the marquee images don't burn in when you play your favorite games for hours on end??

amazed by the leaps and bounds this whole are of FE's has moved into ...keep up the great work!

Wow now I want one of these too.

Means I would have to do a new cab or just mount this on top vs. replacing the current marquee but I sure do love the idea.

Wish it was cheaper though

Great work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOOHOOOO, I found one (or rather two :D 29" and 38")

lg-Info-displays-M2900S-3-4view-large.jpg

BBB's marquee project was the reason to think about a new mame cabinet. It's one of the coolest features I have ever seen and the first one which looks really professional and authentic.

Can't wait to see your software released! :beer:

btw.....the dynamic marquee display looks great but seems pricey @ 1k. Hopefully prices come down and they come up with something like 24x6 or so in the few hundred dollar range

are you planning on some sort of screensaver/fade so that the marquee images don't burn in when you play your favorite games for hours on end??

amazed by the leaps and bounds this whole are of FE's has moved into ...keep up the great work!

I don't think burn in would be a huge problem, modern LCDs aren't terribly prone to it. If you're really worried about it you could add a process to the machine's startup that randomly cycled each pixel through the primary colors for 10 seconds or so. If image retention ever sets in you could run that for 20 minutes or so and usually clear it.

*edit: or animate the marquee like the existing Hyperspin themes every couple of minutes, that'd be extra cool. :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to restart this thread. New to hyper spin and I just picked up a used M2900S on ebay for $650. It arrived today and I am going to test it out tonight to make sure it works ok.

Can't wait for 2.0 to test it properly. Like someone else said, this has inspired me to build my second cab. It is going to be a Hyperspin themed cab. Yes that is how much I am loving this FE.

Keep up the good work BBB!

So I have the M2900s hooked up. One question that I know I have done before but not under windows 7. How do I change the resolution of the thing to the default resolution? 1366 x 480 is not a choice in the ATI settings or the default screen settings.

I know I have done it before but I can not seem to figure it out right now.

This is odd. The res of the monitor is supose to be 1366x480

But in the OSD the only options are:

1366x768

1024x768

1360x768

There is a "Full" mode option which I think is what I need. Hey Bill are the Marquees you've done already on the ftp? If not can you add a couple? I would like and try to display them and see if they work ok.

I think your ok with any resolution really, for example the app itself its 1024 x 768, and the images are 1366 x 480, but the way the program works is it will fit everything onto your screen no matter what screen you have not just this screen. I don't think my monitor is set to 1366 x 480, its set at something else, you should be fine, theres an example image on page 8 of this thread.

Yes and know. I got it close though. I have 1360x480 running now in "Normal" mode on the display. And that image you directed me to looks good when displayed in windows photo viewer (full screen in slide show mode). There is a little black bar at the top barely noticable due to the difference between 1360 and 1366. I will still mess around with it as it bugs me that it is there.

The same image was stretching with big black bars on the top and bottem when the display was in "FULL" mode. So I do have it close now.

On another note, as far as artwork for this thing. where do you stand? Maybe I can help out a bit.

Archived