Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Getting a monitor, dont call me crazy!

BadBoyBill

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's awesome, did you make the code available anywhere? I don't mind making a custom image for every game if needbe =P

Yes the program will be available freely. Hyperbase is already setup for submissions for m2900 under each arcade system. Neo Geo and Daphne are already done as well as a bunch of MAME ones, Main Menu is almost done to.

Does it use the HS wheel images or does it pull marquees from MAME and the other emulators? Is there an issue with scaling them up? Can't really tell from the video but from what I can see everything looks pretty sharp.

Thanks for the video BBB' date=' it looks awesome![/quote']

No, it uses a special image folder for 2nd monitor content. Images will be for this montiro 1366 x 480.

That is wicked! The marquees seem like they have great resolution? Where did you get them?

I make them by cleaning up marquee images or redrawing some. Theres tons out there.

Heres some main menu ones i made late last night:

MainMenuMarquees.png

Ok, I think I got this working for any monitor, so you dont have to buy this one to use the software, this should work on small to large to stretched monitors.

Some basic settings to configure your monitor:

The x and y settings allow you to position the application anywhere on the screen.

I have monitor 2 orientated to the right of monitor 1 which is 1600 x 900. So I set the x to 1600 which positions the app right in the top left corner of the 2nd monitor. y is 0 since both monitors are aligned at the top. Just set the window height and width to match the 2nd monitors resolution to fill the screen. Any images that get loaded into the app will fill that width and height.

The app res is 1024 x 768, but say you have a widescreen monitor, then set that app to a widescreen width and height and design your images at the wide resolution and it will look normal on your 2nd monitor even though your main app is only a 4:3 app.

My images for my monitor are 1366 x 480. They look great when loaded into the 4:3 app when the 4:3 app is set to fill the monitor.

This makes the program universal to all monitor shapes and sizes.

[Monitor2]

Enabled=true

Window_X=1600

Window_Y=0

Window_W=1024

Window_H=768

I also added an overlay and background support also, each system can have a background image that is visible when spinning the wheel, then when you land on a wheel a marquee shows, when you start spinning the wheel, then the marquee goes away and the background is visible again.

The overlay feature is an image or swf that goes over everything. So like if you wanted to add a semi-transparent black edge to make it look like a marquee with lighting or you could say do a glass effect or maybe a shimmer swf effect where a thing of light maybe goes by every couple seconds.

hey BBB, this might be a question for the request forum, but...I know you say we will be able to pull up an image for each wheel selection, but will there be a way to pull up an image after selecting a game? It would be an image with the same name as the Rom name. I am currently doing this with Irfanview and Hyperlaunch, but I could see this working SOOO much better! Here is an example of what I am thinking:

Hyperspin main menu shows an image for NES(lets say a pic of the console). then in the NES menu, it might show a pic of the cartridge. Then after game selection it would show a pic of my Control Panel(an image I already have, named the same as the Rom). Then when the the game exits, it would be back to showing the cartridge...

please let me know if I am way off about what this new program can do. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work!

Archived