The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Hyperspin Project can you please release some of the 100% complete stuff

fire10

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to make themes back in the day but stopped due to carpal tunnel issues in both of my wrists

Sadly this is the reason I had to slow down with Hyperspin, I made a promise when I joined the Hyperspin Project to help contribute where I can, it kills me to see so many awesome people releasing awesome artwork where I'm just sitting on the sidelines.

I do intend to complete more Hyperpause sets but it will just take longer than I expected.

Ultimately, I'd just like to say to all artists and contributors, take as long as you need, after all this is just a hobby and we should not let it interfere with every day life.

Cheers.

+1 , it´s really hard to find and rename games, i want to find it and keep until hyperspin project release artwork, and anyone knows why HyperSync is not updated?

i

so whats going on when is the release date for hyperbase live to be tested ive been waiting very pationtely for this occasion and still no word.

i entirely agree with this guy

I would help with the project but i need to watch guides on using photoshop there is a few things i can do i can find artwork to help with or people to work with heck i could even do alil tidying up but i need requirements such as some nice guide for using photoshop or etc. If i had those skills i would be stuck into it already when i got an agreement to work on gameboy color i gathered content which could be worked on and improved. But i guess i will try harder to study up on using photo shop to help you guys out. I sort of studied it then went off track cause i got stuck on a few things people said photoshop is easy to use but its not its time consuming and you have to have patience and know what your doing ill do my best to help out in the future but its gonna take me time and practice to get some stuff done.

Just holding on to it with a select few is quite dumb as if everyone had access more could get done. It does drive people away as they might not be in the "elitist" group that has been created.

Uhm, I'm part of the Project, though I haven't done much work for it, as most of my time is spent on making themes unrelated to the project. But I have never had my hands on any of the artwork others did. I never asked, but it was never offered or implied I could get a hold of it. In some threads where wheel by wheel gets posted I could save them all if I wanted to, but c'mon. Mostly though, some members work together on certain sections and communicate amongst each other, all you get as a project member in that case is a preview/example and a status update.

So there's no "elitist" group here. I guess we haven't made the effort to make that clear enough.

I've said this in another thread, but I think it's a good idea to at the very least release the 100% completed databases so we can get the roms we need for when the artwork eventually releases.

This might not be a bad idea, unless it conflicts with current artwork.

My two cents.

I didn't complete the DS box set but came damn close too it which is an accomplishment being as I don't care for the system and don't even play the games. I put in a lot of work with Manic finding the art and creating those box sets purely to give back to the community. I'll never ever use the art for my personal use but the contribution was pretty big imo if more people pitched in.

To add to this. I haven't had a running HS other than for some theme testing/approving purposes for years. So I make themes for games/systems that I don't even use. (maybe that's why I might be slacking a little with finishing up & releasing my work, but in no way I'm holding it for myself or anything) Maybe I'll use them some day, at least way in the beginning I did. I do this work because I find it fun and rewarding to do, most of the time. I have fun working with a select few contributors. And of course people appreciating your work helps.

Lots contribute a bit in their own way, but a very small part of the community is doing most of the hard work. This is expected of course, but sometimes the pressure just get to you. You just want to have too many things done, have too much on your plate and overwork yourself and burn out. And then there's real life as well.

But people in the past demanding stuff from us, proclaiming a person RIP when MIA for a while. That kind of stuff and some of the flame wars etc we had here and some other stupid shit that went down, just made people leave. Amongst them some of the major contributors.

Most of the stuff I've done for the project (ZX Spectrum) is on the FTP because we're never gonna get to a minted set for that system and I'm not dedicated enough to try. I also understand that some people want to wait to get to a minted set before releasing stuff. That's fine too. Either way, to hell with those demanding stuff and bitching and whining about stuff not being available (for free.....).

However, what I would like to see is some structure behind the distribution mechanism. Hypersync would be ideal, but at the very least, a place on the FTP where things can be picked up. Brolly, if this is something you want help with, I don't mind putting in some time setting up directories, etc. PM me.

I'm going to have to disagree with the OP. First of all, if you go through all the folders on the FTP, you'll likely find a lot of the work you are asking for. I asked to be a part of the project and I ended up losing a computer in the process. Really bummed me out so I took a Hyperspin break for awhile. I probably seemed like a deserter, but that's really not the truth. Now I'm back. I've been coming and going on this forum for years now.

Every time I come back to these forums, I'm extremely impressed with all of the work that has been done in my absence and see a lot of projects starting to blossom that make me excited for the future. I also make an attempt to help out in some way, shape or form. Right now I'm working on OpenBOR games. When I'm done, I'll upload it everything I've worked on and we'll have a shitload more OpenBOR games that we currently do. However, I won't be adding anything until I feel it's done. And btw, I'm definitely not a major contributor.

The Hyperspin Project has set the bar high. I respect that. The cream dream day is just around the corner. Getting involved isn't hard, but you'll have to do a lot of work if you're up for it. I wish there were more updates too, but honestly, that would probably make people more restless and why waste time updating the forum when you could be working?

Either way, this community is only dead if people stop working. So put in your dues!

I personally think Hyperspin and Hyperlaunch are the two of the most important things that have ever happened to the emulation scene (besides MAME). I'm just happy to be a part of it, even if it's a very very small part.

I'd also like to add that this is the least elitist online groups I've ever witnessed. People here are SUPER helpful and not elitist. If you don't believe me, get on a private tracker and start asking noob questions. Or hell, join KLOV. I've been doing this crap for over 15 years yo! Hyperspin is the best!

However, what I would like to see is some structure behind the distribution mechanism. Hypersync would be ideal, but at the very least, a place on the FTP where things can be picked up. Brolly, if this is something you want help with, I don't mind putting in some time setting up directories, etc. PM me.

The FTP is a massive spray of awesome shares. Absolutely blown away by the stuff I've found.

To find it all and then catalogue it all and then make it into a ready to use data dump that was not a bunch of user names with random awesomeness would take a very long time. But the effort would be worth it. Guidelines would have to be in place and also no data loss is important. Giving credit is also very important even if the person who did it had left the community years ago. Big job but would be worth it so do agree.

Hey Ron ... wanna new job ??? ;)

Just my 2 cents: I love you all! ?

Started out in March and now have 100 systems with 41000 games, 24000 wheels, 27000 videos and 15000 artworks or themes. All for 'free'!! Thanks!

Im not good as an artist. I even have trouble removing backgrounds from logo's.

I would volunteer to straighten out the upload dir with guidelines and rules (ocd).

In terms of the FTP and sorting out the information. I could help with that in a big way. I could set up a front end with a gallery of everyones work together. Personal folders, WIP, file storage and a section for work with the HS seal on it. If I could get FTP access to another site i have seen I could also encompass all the hi rez artwork for Arcade cabs too. Useful for cab build and actual arcade cab artwork.

Im only putting my hand up here as a way to give something back. I do not want to step on anyones toes or overstep my mark. I just think that so much artwork is wasted by poor archiving and access. When it could be used to help make even more artwork

The FTP is a massive spray of awesome shares. Absolutely blown away by the stuff I've found.

To find it all and then catalogue it all and then make it into a ready to use data dump that was not a bunch of user names with random awesomeness would take a very long time. But the effort would be worth it. Guidelines would have to be in place and also no data loss is important. Giving credit is also very important even if the person who did it had left the community years ago. Big job but would be worth it so do agree.

Hey Ron ... wanna new job ??? ;)

ROTF!!! You funny guy!

I don't think I have that much time left in my life!!! ;)

Hmmmm... Maybe someone that has the entire FTP on their Desktop PC?? (Right back at cha' Pole)

If I had SSH access to the server, It would take nothing to generate a file listing. Dump into a DB to manage the output. Would be an honorable job for sure. Might have to google a bit and see if I can come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Ron

If the ftp is such a goldmine, maybe someone could Just make a list of what to find where.

If it was organized by someone, it sould be done outside the ftp and then be tripple checked behoren adding to/replace the correct ftp

In my old days I used glftpd and an eggbot 

Ok, so I know what glftpd is. But when I googe eggbot, it gets me pages of a neat machine I have never seen before! LOL... Might have to buy me one. ;)

If the ftp is such a goldmine, maybe someone could Just make a list of what to find where.

If it was organized by someone, it sould be done outside the ftp and then be tripple checked behoren adding to/replace the correct ftp

The biggest problem with trying to index or list what is on the ftp is, it constantly changes. By the time you are done, it's different. And then someone will have to index it every month or so. It would be nice to just have a cron job that dumps the directory listing to a txt file that can be shown on a page of the website. Then you can just search it that way. Searching with FileZilla takes so long. ;)

Thanks,

Ron

Well I threatened to download the FTP the minute I had spare space. Got a 2TB HD spare now so lets see what happens.

Regarding mirror that is pretty easy by doing updates by date and there are even FTP mirror programs I used years ago.

So I've started the churn at 1:25am on 2nd August so anything after this date and time since I'm preserving time and date stamps should be new. Anyway enough of my guff.

This is just a suggestion, but in order to organize without stripping people their due credit, its only a matter of reorganizing the way we up, as in the folder structure, right? For instance, if the FTP were organized exactly the way standard hyperspin directories are organized. Log on to FTP and you see a "Gold members" folder and a "Hyperspin (User Upload) folder". Open the latter and you see folders like a standard hyperspin install. "Hyperlaunch" "Media" "Databases" "Utilities" etc. Say you want to upload your own super nintendo database. You open the database folder, then the Super Nintendo Entertainment folder and inside there you see folders with peoples names on them like "Aletterfromlostdays Snes Xml". That way, all of the databases we have available for super nintendo on the ftp are in one folder and people still have their names on their work. People with huge projects like Mega Theme could keep their own folder, or they could just up in the same way. I don't have the space to download the entire FTP, nor the money to get the space, but all of that could be done pretty leisurely, and I don't mind working on it at all if the community thinks its a good idea and wants me to.

I would like to say thank you to all working on the project. I dont post much but over the years have gathered much artwork from everybody. This led me to start editing files. Making my own system themes and learning more about this stuff. I have been working on gathering high quality marquees and touching them up for the marquee monitor addition (hopefully that gets released). I will say its not easy to do it so props to all those creators out there! I will release these when I am done so others can enjoy.

Well I threatened to download the FTP the minute I had spare space. Got a 2TB HD spare now so lets see what happens.

Regarding mirror that is pretty easy by doing updates by date and there are even FTP mirror programs I used years ago.

So I've started the churn at 1:25am on 2nd August so anything after this date and time since I'm preserving time and date stamps should be new. Anyway enough of my guff.

Does this give you an idea how much is on this FTP....

ScreenShot013_zps5fa97e6e.png

I've found some errors as it goes along. I'm also noting that a large number of folders exceed the 255 character limit so a lot of manual work will be required. Could of examples so far.

6:21:22 AM: Directory 'J:\Upload Here\Old FTP\HyperSpin Art WIP-Source\Game Art - Titles.Snap.PCB.etc\Systems\Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Systems\Sega Genesis\Sega Genesis (StarControl, patentpending85, onlyIsrael)\NoIntro F-M (only Israel)\TCP - please fix aspect ratio' couldn't be created (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)7:40:35 AM: Directory 'J:\Upload Here\RELIC_\Hyper Artwork Match Project\sorted in numbers and scanned the same as the hyperlist database\Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Images\according to the hyperlist xml\3d box art\proper hyperlist set but with extras tahts not listed in the xml' couldn't be created (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)

can't make the folder /Upload Here/Old FTP/HyperSpin Art WIP-Source/Game Art - Titles.Snap.PCB.etc/Systems/Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Systems/Sega Genesis/Sega Genesis (StarControl, patentpending85, onlyIsrael)/NoIntro #-E (patentpending85)/Genesis Boxes A-E 8-7-09 in J:\Upload Here\Old FTP\HyperSpin Art WIP-Source\Game Art - Titles.Snap.PCB.etc\Systems\Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Systems\Sega Genesis\Sega Genesis (StarControl, patentpending85, onlyIsrael)\NoIntro #-E (patentpending85)\

Cause it is ove 255 characters

I didn't complete the DS box set but came damn close too it which is an accomplishment being as I don't care for the system and don't even play the games.

Is this available?

I mean, I was about to make all the DS boxes by my own as well as the wheel art, at least for the games I have. Is there a similar DS wheel art project? I think it is sad many people is doing redundant work, mainly because they don't know what is going on behind the scenes or simply want the art within the next 2 years.

Being relatively new to HS, I have read this thread with interest.

In regards to the list of items to be completed...could this (these tasks) be published somewhere??

Rather than advising what has been completed, if you advise on what else you'd like to be done may help in 'recruiting' assistance. I can understand how frustrating it is if you lose talent and helpers for tasks, but even I'd be interested to see if I could offer something to the project...as I'm sure others would be too.

Just my two cents - tell me to pull my head in, if you need.

Archived