Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How many systems have you implemented in Hyperspin

joncrytom

89 if you count the mame classics as individual systems, and a few on the backburner. A few completely untested (Mattel Aquarius etc). With each system I'm determined to set up every possible emulator so my emulator folder is obviously bigger than that. Systems and emulators are like pokemon. If I had it all to do again, I'd spend more time on individual systems, minting everything and having everything perfect before moving on to the next, rather than hit it like a buffet, but shit, I was excited.

Maybe you guys can add some to this list of mine.

I just exported a files list from my HLHQ\Media\Icons

Google Sheet

I know some people put on all the Capcom Play Systems (1, 2, & 3). Aside from Nintendo Game & Watch, there is also an Electronic Games wheel floating around. And then there's all the classics systems. Capcom Classics, Namco Classics, Taito Classics, etc. There's also Misfit MAME.

Only other stuff I can think of off the top of my head would be custom stuff that people make for themselves. At one point I had a wheel for the PDP and other early computer simulators so I could show people Space War, Naughts & Crosses, Tennis for Two, etc. I also had one for various Pong Machine simulators. I'm sure there's a ton more projects like that out there.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, start cataloging everything you can find on here:

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/index.php

You know, in case you wanted to emulate an old phone, graphing calculator or alarm clock :D

I have 35 systems that I stick with. All MAME related systems can be filtered out but more importantly my HyperHoarding disease has left me. Scrolling through countless systems & games that will never be played so I could satisfy my need to say that I had them setup was fun but futile. I rather enjoy playing versus collecting and filtering out unplayed systems & games as well has mad my HyperSpin quite enjoyable.

<menu>

<game name="Atari Jaguar"/>

<game name="Daphne"/>

<game name="MAME"/>

<game name="NEC TurboGrafx-16"/>

<game name="Nintendo 64"/>

<game name="Nintendo DS"/>

<game name="Nintendo Entertainment System"/>

<game name="Nintendo Game Boy"/>

<game name="Nintendo Game Boy Advance"/>

<game name="Nintendo Game Boy Color"/>

<game name="Nintendo GameCube"/>

<game name="Nintendo Virtual Boy"/>

<game name="Nintendo Wii"/>

<game name="Panasonic 3DO"/>

<game name="PC Games"/>

<game name="Touhou Project"/>

<game name="Sega 32X"/>

<game name="Sega CD"/>

<game name="Sega Dreamcast"/>

<game name="Sega Game Gear"/>

<game name="Sega Genesis"/>

<game name="Sega Master System"/>

<game name="Sega Model 2"/>

<game name="Sega Model 3"/>

<game name="Sega Naomi"/>

<game name="Sega Triforce"/>

<game name="Sega Saturn"/>

<game name="Sammy Atomiswave"/>

<game name="SNK Neo Geo"/>

<game name="SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color"/>

<game name="Sony PlayStation"/>

<game name="Sony PlayStation 2"/>

<game name="Sony PSP"/>

<game name="Steam Big Picture"/>

<game name="Super Nintendo Entertainment System"/>

</menu>

I have 35 systems that I stick with. All MAME related systems can be filtered out but more importantly my HyperHoarding disease has left me. Scrolling through countless systems & games that will never be played so I could satisfy my need to say that I had them setup was fun but futile. I rather enjoy playing versus collecting and filtering out unplayed systems & games as well has mad my HyperSpin quite enjoyable.

<menu>

<game name="Daphne"/>

<game name="MAME"/>

<game name="PC Games"/>

<game name="Sega 32X"/>

<game name="Sega CD"/>

<game name="Sony PSP"/>

</menu>

I understand completely and so have I....however I am currently toying with the idea of adding "the basement" to my Main wheel. Which goes down and you can access all those systems you'll never play. And gives you the opportunity to say"my sg-3000? I keep it and my game collection in the basement"

I've not got much set up due to a lack of time and energy to devote to HS, but the basic framework is in place for when I can finally build a cab and clone the screen to my TV.

Using the fake-subwheels method, I have one instance of HS for arcade systems with 4:3 themes (currently just MAME working to my satisfaction, but will include Naomi, TTX, etc) and another for home systems with the widescreen unified megatheme. Off the top of my head, I've probably got about 20 consoles more or less working (no handhelds yet), but with the recent RetroArch developments they will have to be revisited at some point.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, probably while at work...

Maybe you guys can add some to this list of mine.

I just exported a files list from my HLHQ\Media\Icons

Google Sheet

Recommend Phase Shift instead of Frets On Fire. Add Stepmania and UltraStar Deluxe. Of course those could already be in your "PC Games" setup. Doesn't everyone have plastic guitars, drums, dance pads and microphones for their intoxicated friends or is it just me?

• 2 months later...

<menu>

<game name="Daphne"/>

<game name="MAME"/>

<game name="PC Games"/>

<game name="Sega 32X"/>

<game name="Sega CD"/>

<game name="Sony PSP"/>

</menu>

that's a nice list. I agree with your desire to get over the HyperHoarding (nice term), and just focus on the actual enjoyable parts or a "daily driver" version of hyperspin, that being said I do still enjoy keeping an OCD completist version of Hyperspin on another drive, more just as a side hobby or ability to peruse through a museum of every system ever, without worrying about whether or not any of the emulators-roms work ;)

on that note does anyone know a good person to hit up for some 100+ database/themes/wheelart/intro vids/etc..? i don't care about emulators or roms, just the front end stuff

i'm currently whittling away on some hard to get main menu wheel art, and plan to move onto the submenu items next.

I understand completely and so have I....however I am currently toying with the idea of adding "the basement" to my Main wheel. Which goes down and you can access all those systems you'll never play. And gives you the opportunity to say"my sg-3000? I keep it and my game collection in the basement"

excellent idea! i was just thinking the same thing

Also just a sidenote I noticed a lot of people mentioning that many "systems" are just filters of a larger system like MAME or whatever. I'm curious why they don't just create a genre under that system which would help keep things organized and better track of what system you're looking for, for example: under MAME why not just create a "namco classics, capcom classics, [fill in the blank] classics, etc.." genre along with the other genres (shooter, maze, etc..)?

And then apply this method to the other systems, Like "PC Games", "Apple", etc..

and then like others said just create an old garbage basement system to file all the misc. systems as a genre

just a thought

what I'd like to see is Hyperspin gain the ability to add another level of menus, like at the title screen start with Company, then be able to choose system, then choose game (and or genre), any chance this could happen (or already can)?

also can we currently filter systems as a genre (like 8bit vs. 16bit or consoles vs. comps? i'm still new

I just added Super Famicom and got it working with videos, boxes and art to my great satisfaction (albeit, a 16x9 theme squished onto my 4:3 monitor :( ). At least it will be good to go whenever I move this over to my hdtv.

I just wish I could get all the default systems set up. I've tried Daphne several times following the guide, but never had enough time to do it all in one go. So each attempt I have to start over from scratch.

Controls and screen size aren't set up properly on my old Atari systems.

I have Pokemon mini partially set up because I was helping with the box art, but it just goes to a black screen and I gave up.

I love choosing a random game on MAME, however, I'm playing with a xbox360 controller so each game individually has to have the joystick sensitivity turned way down to be playable. Also, many games require guns or spinners etc. For this reason I often settle into a Nintendo or Sega console game because I know it is working. It sucks spending an hour or two of free time trying to get something set up and not ever playing any actual games.

I need to quit my job and break up with all my friends. HyperSpin is worth it.

Archived