Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame 0.155

Min2001

:hmmmm:

will this necessitate an xml for0.155?

I see the .154 available in hyperlist

Shhh... Brolly will get to it. Doing them is very time consuming.

And MESS was also updated. Dunno what you lot complain about with drive space. The MESS CHD and ROM set take up 1.4TB so a measly under 400 GB is chicken feed. :)

Shhh... Brolly will get to it. Doing them is very time consuming.

Creation of a new MAME XML file is time consuming? Does he create them by hand?

I haven't taken a look at recent categorization used by HS, but if the catver.ini are still valid I could probably build them from the MAME output combined with the catver.ini. I'm just not sure if there's a new catver.ini file available yet. I've got a small Linux program to turn all MAME and MESS software lists into HS compatible XML files that I could update a bit to fit the needs of this community.

Speak with Brolly. What goes in the XML is specific. What gets posted to HyperList is Brolly controlled. How it is made takes time and works perfectly every time. If you want the list instantly you can do whatever you like. :)

I'm in no hurry. :) I was just wondering if he had to update everything by hand or not. If so, I'd happily lend a helping hand to automate some things. :)

Edit: Just downloaded the 0.154 version. It appears there's more information in these XML files then there used to be, like the rating for instance. That's not information I have access to yet.

It's not a manual process, but does require some manual work because catver.ini genres don't match HS genres perfectly also ratings need to be added manually.

There's no catver.ini for .155 yet so until then I probably won't be updating the XML since I don't have time to test the new games right now, if someone wants to do it I can try to put together a list of the games that need genres/ratings added. That's what requires more time on each database update.

Archived