Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

S**t!!!!!!

sonicboom88

You really don't want to be automatically renaming CD-based games at all for any system unless you just have iso files. If you have proper PS1 dumps, they come in bin + cue format due to all the multitrack games. In which case, you'll also need to open every cue file up in a text editor and make sure it's pointing to the correctly named bin file.

Sorry to say but you may need to redownload whatever set you grabbed.

From MK2K's original post on this renaming tool, "the HyperSpin Rommanager only copies and renames the files it finds, so if you scan a folder full of 7z'ed files, only the name of the packed files will get renamed and not their content (the files inside each 7z that is)."

Assuming you just renamed the zip file, the files inside should still have their original name. If it wasn't renamed, the cue file should be the same name that the zip file needs to be. If it was renamed, opening the cue file in a text editor may give you the proper name for the zip file. Only a couple of renaming tools claimed to be able to properly rename cue files inside zip files (with varying results if the posts are any indication). That's two additional chances to get your file names back to the way they were. Then again you may have already deleted and are merrily downloading the files again. Jeez, 387 GB.

As damnedregistrations said, be careful renaming CD based systems, especially those with multiple files in a zip. Also don't feel bad. I screwed up my PS1 renaming also at first (and I don't feel that I am alone in this).

Wes

I just used a rom renaming software for my ps1 games and its just screwed them up all named wrong is there a way to fix it? I have 387 GB worth of ps1 games made me feel sick.

Is there a reason you did not back up your data first?

I always duplicate a couple of files and use them for a test before I run any type of software against the whole batch. Just my two cents..

It was real tedious but using that rommanager renamer tool, I usually had to go through the whole list looking for less than 100% matches and make sure they were pointing to the right file, and if not, point them to the right file manually. If your set wasn't even close then that would be a lot of manual pointing. Probably easiest to just to download a new set.

Archived