Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Indiana Jones and the Pinball Crusade (46/28/15) build project

bill55

Thanks much. Josh did a fantastic job! Can't recommend his services enough. Great to work with, attention to detail, and will make any changes you could possibly request. (I tested this one) lol. I'm going to get all his info in my first post as soon as I get a chance too. Been a while since I added to the list :)

I have an alternate version of backbox art that I'll post up for comparisons. Both are totally finished, but I preferred the Last Crusade style because it went with the pin title and the colors matches the sides better.

Bill

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an alternate version of backbox art that was totally done as well. I think I am going with the Last Crusade style though. I think it matches better and I always loved that pic with Connery and Indy on the horse.

Alternate backbox version:

post-27857-142870587181_thumb.jpg

Bill

Looking good, maybe tempted to make the planes face the same direction for both sides.

Show us the front :)

www. Xtremepinball.com

You think so? I had him flip it so it pointed to the front on both sides. I can still flip it though.

btw mameman: Stroke removed from around Indy on the sides. Josh and I both liked it that way better. :-)

Bill

Here is the front. Text is not final though. I was undecided on wording so I will edit it before printing. That should be the only difference though. It lines up perfectly with the side which is cool. Front and sides fit together like one big image.

Front:

UPDATE:

Link to post with final version of the front artwork.

Front Artwork

Artwork looks amazing! I love Indy, and I love this cab art lol. I'm still a big fan of the alt back box image, with the temple of doom Indy, but you're right, the crusade art fits the theme of your cab better. Looking forward to seeing it all applied to your actual cab.

Artwork looks amazing! I love Indy, and I love this cab art lol. I'm still a big fan of the alt back box image, with the temple of doom Indy, but you're right, the crusade art fits the theme of your cab better. Looking forward to seeing it all applied to your actual cab.

I was (still am) really torn between the two. I like both of them and I like certain things about each one. The Crusade version matches better, but the Temple of Doom version fits the backbox shape better. Hmmmmm......

Thank you Bill! The pleasure was all mine. It was fun flushing out your idea and getting the design to best fit your needs. I appreciate the kudos and truly enjoyed making these designs.

It's a real looker and I'm really diggin' the colors and balance on this design. It was a blast to make and hope more people see it and want to make similar designs for their cabs.

I'm in the process of making a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and the client is going to toy around with some Blu-ray stills for the artwork. I'm thinking if this works well I may get a similar setup and start collecting some high quality images to work my magic on in future designs. Great example: Indy running from the boulder in Raiders. We gave it a shot but better imagery would certainly help that scene come alive.

Thanks for the work. If you need anything else please just let me know. All the best!

Josh

I was (still am) really torn between the two. I like both of them and I like certain things about each one. The Crusade version matches better, but the Temple of Doom version fits the backbox shape better. Hmmmmm......

Standing on its own merit, I like the bada** look of the TOD Indy one. But the reason I think the Last Crusade is probably better overall is that 1) it fits your logo/theme best and 2) it adds a little variety and pays homage to some of the other characters. The cab art features Indy by himself and very prominently, and having him alone on both the cab side and the bb is not only a little repetitive, but makes him look awfully lonely. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my artwork in last week and got a chance over the weekend to install it. Holy #!*&!!!!!!! WOW! Between the artwork from Josh and the ridiculous print quality of Brad I could not be happier how this came out. Well worth the time, effort, the wait, and the money. I decided to use one of each of my backbox options. I thought that was better than the same one on each side and am VERY happy I went that route.

I updated my first post with a bunch of final pics. Here are a few.

post-27857-142870590938_thumb.jpg

- Bill

post-27857-142870590932_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870590934_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870590936_thumb.jpg

Just caught a little glimpse of the left side of the backbox and noticed that you compromised by using both images. ;)

Awesome Bill! It really did come out terrific. It's got that pro grade polish all around. Even the fans in back have a factory off-the-line feel.

I love that you used both tops, it was a good debate and even better solution. You got your money's worth on that ;)

The wrap around looks great too. I really like the placement of the text and logo on the front as well. Put it all together and she belongs in an arcade with the big boys. Great great job!!

Glad I could help bring your idea to life, all the best!!!

Just caught a little glimpse of the left side of the backbox and noticed that you compromised by using both images. ;)

Yep. :-)

Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier, but totally happy I went that route. Now I have Indy from all 3 original movies on there.

Awesome Job Bill! How did you like using the material?

Brad...that stuff is amazing. Honestly. And keep in mind my pin was complete so I couldn't just lay the artwork on it with the pin on its side. I did it with the pin upright. On the right side I had about a foot or so of it stuck down and realized it slipped a little on me. I just peeled it back off, moved it, and it stuck back down perfectly.

I will update your thread as well with my experience.

Anyone and everyone should be using you for their art if they aren't already.

Bill

Archived