Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Indiana Jones and the Pinball Crusade (46/28/15) build project

bill55

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another issue I just ran into. (Thank you DeeGor for the help in fixing it)

When using the B2S active backglass tables so many of them have the speaker grill graphics below the backglass itself. On a 3 screen setup like mine it looks bad. You squishes the artwork and makes it look fat, plus the speaker grill graphic serves no purpose since we have a 3rd screen for the DMD display. In the B2S settings there is a setting for 'LED Display X Offset'. It is defaulted to 0. I changed mine to 1280 and now the speaker grill part of the backglass is no longer there and I get the full screen artwork. Looks WAY better!

I am not sure exactly that that setting is. DeeGor told me that's how he fixed his so I changed mine as well. My backglass is running at 1280x1024 if that helps anyone.

Thanks,

Bill

bill55,

Can you tell me how well that Mamemans widebody cabinet plans worked using the Ultimate Cab-Builder’s Kit (Widebody) from virtuapin.net? Did you have to modify the plans to make it work with the Ultimate kit? Want to make sure lockdown fits etc.

I'm getting ready to buy the Ultimate kit "for father's day" and I see that it has a custom size lockdown bar option.

Thanks in advance.

bill55,

Can you tell me how well that Mamemans widebody cabinet plans worked using the Ultimate Cab-Builder’s Kit (Widebody) from virtuapin.net? Did you have to modify the plans to make it work with the Ultimate kit? Want to make sure lockdown fits etc.

I'm getting ready to buy the Ultimate kit "for father's day" and I see that it has a custom size lockdown bar option.

Thanks in advance.

It worked perfectly. As long as you get the widebody kit and not the standard you'll be fine.

Sorry for the delay in reply. been super busy!

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

So I just picked up a Galaxy GTX560ti 1280mb graphics card. Got it installed and everything working, but was getting really poor performance. I was running the 270.61 drivers already when I installed the card. It didn't find the GTX560 on it's own so I had to manually select it from the list. (not sure if that version of the driver doesn't support this chipset???). When I brought up the card in the AIDA64 benchmarking program it showed the speed far below what it should be at.

I then completely removed all nvidia drivers and did a clean install of the 301.42 - WHQL driver from the Galaxy site. Everything went fine and the cards were both working. The 560 and my GT430. In the benchmark app the speeds were right where they should be this time.

Now I am having performance issues in some tables. Mainly both versions of Tales of the Arabian Nights that I tried brought the computer to a screeching halt. Other tables (AFM, Theatre of Magic, and a couple others) worked fine.

What do I need to do to get this 560 working correctly? Is there a specific driver?

Thanks!

Bill

• 1 month later...

Bill, can you tell me how high the top of those leg-brackets are from the bottom of the cab at the rear? I have ordered leg brackets, but they will not be delivered for a few more weeks and I am cutting the wood panels for the cabinet. So I am wondering how high (minimally) the back of the cab should be (before the hinge and drawer start).

What do I need to do to get this 560 working correctly? Is there a specific driver?

Thanks!

Bill

I'm just gathering parts still (and this thread is super, super helpful, your documentation is a real service) but you might want to check this out if you haven't seen it:

Getting GTX 560 to work with VP and FP

Your post was from a while ago, so hopefully you've already sorted it out, but figured it couldn't hurt to link up. :)

One other update. I was having some strange problems. The ball would seem 'floaty' to me at times. It would get near the flippers and kind of be slower. It wasn't all the time though. I could exit a table and load another and it might be fine. Or I might load 5 in a row that do it. It was weird.

DeeGor suggested it could be a video driver issue. I was using the newest NVIDIA drivers. So I changed the drivers to the 270.61 drivers and I also disabled the LEDwiz in the core.vbs file. I figured it was best to just take it out of the equation until everything was running perfectly.

So I did a clean install of the new drivers and loaded some tables up in VP directly. No LEDwiz. All worked perfectly. No 'floaty' ball or slowness or anything. After about 10 tables I loaded 5 or so from within HP and they still played perfect. Then I added the LEDwiz back into the mix. Only tried the tables through HP at this point. I tried about 5 or so and all worked correctly. No more of the problems I was having. So I am hoping the driver solved all my issues. MAJOR thanks to DeeGor for the quick help on that one and saving me from suffering through hours of trial and error. For anyone going through their PC setup I would recommend these drivers right out of the gate.

Here you go:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-270.61-whql-driver.html

What windows OS are you using?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Time to resurrect this thread. :-)

Had real life sidetrack me for a bit and really took my attention away from the hobby in general. Ready to come back now.

The pin has been done since before I went MIA. I think all the pics are posted showing that. If not ill put some up. The only thing I never got done was my artwork. Still looks nice painted black with the silver trim on it but it needs art. That is being worked on as we speak and ill post pics as soon as I get some. What I've seen so far is looking pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Helping a couple friends finish theirs off now too.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bill

I am not feeling the ball. Love the logo but the ball doesn't look like a pinball. I think the dark spots on the ball are throwing me off. On the other hand you almost need them so the letters don't blend in with the ball. Or maybe its the gray background? I don't know .LOL. Also see if you can add indy's hat or whip hanging some where.? But that's just one man's opinion.

Looks like your using Josh W. Good choice he is awsome to work with. Getting started is the hardest part but once you get started its fun. Bounce ideas to josh and he bounces them right back. Good luck!

I told josh I posted the logo in the thread. We'll see if he pops by to see the comments. :-)

The background won't be gray on the cab. He did that just so I could post a pic. I didn't mind the look of the ball though myself. The reflection that mameman suggested could be interesting. I'd be interested to hear Josh's take on that too.

Josh is a great guy to work with. Great communication. Great skills. Ill get all his Info in my first post soon too.

Bill

Hey Bill thanks for the kudos. It's a pleasure working with you and bringing this vision to life. The Pinball is only really a place holder for now. Once the environment and the overall design gets done then we'll incorporate a more realistic and better balanced pinball.

All great stuff really. I appreciate the feedback from everyone and know that only makes these pieces of art really shine. That's what's so cool about these forums; we get to share ideas and start building best practices in the technical as well as the creative. That's valuable in any community.

Thanks guys, can't wait to see what we end up with for this badboy! All the best!!

Josh

Archived