Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

Surgeville from the BYOAC forum called and got this response. He didn't talk to (BILLY MITCHELL) However.

I called the Florida store auctioning off the cabinet. Very nice gentleman. He was not the person in charge, and had limited information, but did help.

He said that their company is under very strict instructions not to copy the software.

He had opened the game up once. He believes it is a USB and a key dongle.

He will ask his bosses to take pictures of the inside of the cabinet to put up on e-bay.

He didn't believe they would release the name of the buyer.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where things stand for a flash version or exe. Out of curiosity, does anyone know, besides the Qbert cadre, what were the other displaced game elements in the bonus levels? I remember Qbert and some TNT but not sure what other folk might have caught.

Doc

Paigeoliver had this to say about the Game/Software :

Bad news on the software front.

It runs on a PC. The bios is encrypted. It boots an encrypted version of windows on one drive then loads the game from a second encrypted drive. The drives do not show up to other computers or copying equipment, it has already been tried by pros.

As soon as one of those 2 drives fail, the motherboard goes or the motherboard battery fails that game will be toast, assuming it doesn't already have a self destruct date in software.

It is relatively unlikely anyone is going to break modern encryption when the bios itself is encrypted.

Fantastic. It's Disney, this makes total sense. So unless someone rebuilds this game from the ground up and risks getting sued, we'll have to try and extract it out of the Wii game or convert the mobile game. Oh well, it was a nice thought with this machine. Thanks for the heads up.

I call BS on the entire encryption. I watched the game boot up, went to bios screen which looked like a normal HP bios.. then it did some weird test and then booted the game. In the hurry they were to have 50+ of these out, I seriously think they did NOT go through all the work with manufacturing companies to make this totally encrypted... the farthest they would have gone would be like the golden tee games were you match the hard drive with the motherboard or It dont work.. or maybe USB key encryption... without the USB stick it don't work..... all still ways to easily get around. This is just my opinion on it, but I guess only time will tell when someone from one of the arcade sites get their hands on one.

I call BS on the entire encryption. I watched the game boot up, went to bios screen which looked like a normal HP bios.. then it did some weird test and then booted the game. In the hurry they were to have 50+ of these out, I seriously think they did NOT go through all the work with manufacturing companies to make this totally encrypted... the farthest they would have gone would be like the golden tee games were you match the hard drive with the motherboard or It dont work.. or maybe USB key encryption... without the USB stick it don't work..... all still ways to easily get around. This is just my opinion on it, but I guess only time will tell when someone from one of the arcade sites get their hands on one.

Agreed. Being a big member of the gaming community for non-arcade games, I've seen a lot of supposedly heavily encrypted content figured out and extracted from locked down material.

It just takes the right person to have a play around. Sometimes it requires them to write applications to access things, but it can be done.

I also doubt they would have gone that far considering there tons of variations of the game elsewhere, and that beyond the promotion of the movie, the cabinets are virtually useless to them now.

The only downside with the "figuring it out" seems to be the lack of access. It's one thing if something is encrypted and anyone on the internet can have a try at figuring it out, but it's something completely different when the only people with access are owners of the cabinet.

I do believe inevitably we'll get at this game someday. But I really do hope it's sooner, rather than later.

The online game is very different than the one on the cabs. I believe they are both the same but the arcade version has some stuff added.

Some differences I noticed:

You can get to the top of the building in the arcade version and each time you get to the top it goes to a new level. The online version is just one stage that is infinite with no chance to reach the top of the building.

The arcade version has a different animation for Ralph to climb the building (he climbs up the side) and he picks up a character and throws him. Online version doesnt have this, he just climbs up straight.

The arcade version has a Felix interlude between levels.

In general the fonts are smaller on the online version, like the little 100 point scores when you fix windows and the HUD scores are bigger on the arcade also. The font is also a completely different font.

The arcade version has when you get to the top of the building the neighbors throw him off the top and you win a medal. Online doesn't have this.

The characters movement is smooth on the arcade version, he actually walks across levels, the online version he just appears at each window with no movement between windows.

When felix hops between floors on the arcade version he pops up a little above the window then back down, the online version he just appears at the window.

The HUD doesnt have the 2 yellow lines on it in the arcade version.

The HUD doesn't have a timer on the arcade version I don't think, the online version you are timed for each section and get bonus points for time left between scenes.

The morter between the bricks are black instead of white in the arcade version.

Ralph throws a lot more bricks in the arcade version.

The bricks seem to bounce of the ground on the arcade version instead of falling straight through on the online version.

High Score starts at 8 digits online and 7 digits current score. Arcade is 6 digits high score and current score.

Score for current player says "SCORE" online and "1UP" for arcade.

High Score is centered on screen for arcade, and current score is on the left. Online both score and high score are swapped and left justified.

None of these graphics are in the online version files either.

So the arcade version is definitely nicer.

The online version is easily made into a windows exe, but is missing all these enhancements.

Edit:

Some of the things above were changed closer to the arcade in a newer online version on a different disney site, such as removed the timed levels, the interludes are there and some of the colors are changed in the level.

So the arcade game follows the movie exactly. I was wondering why I could never get to the top of the building online or in the app. It's annoying actually, now that I think about it. :D I wonder why they made two versions? You would figure it would be easier to make one and port it everywhere else. Anyway, thanks for the detailed info, Bill. Much appreciated.

So the arcade game follows the movie exactly. I was wondering why I could never get to the top of the building online or in the app. It's annoying actually, now that I think about it. :D I wonder why they made two versions? You would figure it would be easier to make one and port it everywhere else. Anyway, thanks for the detailed info, Bill. Much appreciated.

I would assume it's just generic over-protective business-ness.

The problem lies with the fact that the people in charge of the marketing and protection of the real life version of the game, are NOT the same people that created the concept and wrote the movie.

The passion for the game doesn't lay with them. All they care about is doing good business and keeping Disney selling well etc.

It's the same reason why though there was a TON of potential, we'll probably never see decently made real life Sugar Rush or Hero's Duty games without them being watered down and shoved onto a home console.

Been a little disappointed in the lack of updates, so I searched Google back and forth.

So far I found this:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-video-games-consoles-other-Fix-It-Felix-Jr-Arcade-Game-from-Disneys-Wreck-It-Ralph-Movie-W0QQAdIdZ441110017QQfeaturedAdZtrue

It seems someone else with a Fix-It Felix Jr. cabinet is selling theirs.

Perhaps another chance at communicating with someone?

First of all I just wanted to give a big thanks to RidicRick for sharing his project and his hard work with all of us, he's done an amazing job!

I've got something related but off topic to share so I'll make another posting for that. However I did want to post the following two links..

Someone has listed what appears to be an authentic working FIF cab on Kiijii just a few days ago. Link is HERE.

And someone else has posted a video on YouTube of the FIF cab powering up,

Another Disney cabinet was up for sale on another site from December 18th.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-video-games-consoles-other-Fix-It-Felix-Jr-Arcade-Game-from-Disneys-Wreck-It-Ralph-Movie-W0QQAdIdZ441110017QQfeaturedAdZtrue

I tried posting this when it was still active, but for some reason it wouldn't post.

It could still be another opportunity though.

Thanks but those are the ones i put in the dropbox from the iphone/ipad version that i found.

Felix and Ralph are very small in those.

I was hoping you or someone else?

Had a copy of the ones ripped from the Disney website flash game.

Do you know where or if those are avalible?

Archived