Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a HP computer inside the Fix It Felix cabinets. They built them from scratch and changed a few things on the Nintendo cab design making them easier to move around. Everyone who has the cab is not allowed to open it up and mess with it. But.. if someone was to get the hard drive then we would be in business. :)

Still no mame or ROM file huh? They had two of these machines at the El Capitan in Hollywood California by the way...I wonder if someone could crack open the back and see how it is built. In regards to extracting the ROM file...

Can't imagine its an actual 'rom", it's probably the same javascript game you can play on the site. Can the real cabs even be "played"?

Still no mame or ROM file huh? They had two of these machines at the El Capitan in Hollywood California by the way...I wonder if someone could crack open the back and see how it is built. In regards to extracting the ROM file...

Yes the real cabs can be played and they are nothing like the java, flash, ipad version. The real arcade version was created by actual programmers and artist that did some arcade games back in the day so it has a really nice authentic feel and play to it. Instead of putting the roms on a PCB board they just use a PC to emulate them.

Can't imagine its an actual 'rom", it's probably the same javascript game you can play on the site. Can the real cabs even be "played"?

There is a HP computer inside the Fix It Felix cabinets. They built them from scratch and changed a few things on the Nintendo cab design making them easier to move around. Everyone who has the cab is not allowed to open it up and mess with it. But.. if someone was to get the hard drive then we would be in business. :)

There was a guy who posted the files in the beginning of the thread, but his link expired, was that the windows.exe?

T-X

Depends on what you want to do. My hyperspin that plays old school arcade games and FIFjr as well as NES I only needed a P4 with a $20 graphics card and it plays great. But I did have to turn down the settings in Hyperspin. Basically the more kickass of a computer you have the sweeter hyperspin will look with more of the features enabled. As far as most games a P4 plays them fine, a dual or quad core plays them all and even the type X games fine... a i5 or i7 plays everything and almost anything you throw at it... this is all assuming you have a decent graphics card in each situation.

I found a place to get an empty shell of a nintendo arcade, so once I get that, I can get started on putting the graphics on. Quesiton though, what kind of computer did you put inside your cab?

Depends on what you want to do. My hyperspin that plays old school arcade games and FIFjr as well as NES I only needed a P4 with a $20 graphics card and it plays great. But I did have to turn down the settings in Hyperspin. Basically the more kickass of a computer you have the sweeter hyperspin will look with more of the features enabled. As far as most games a P4 plays them fine, a dual or quad core plays them all and even the type X games fine... a i5 or i7 plays everything and almost anything you throw at it... this is all assuming you have a decent graphics card in each situation.

The original plan was to make it soley FIFjr. (Was hoping someone would get a ROM of it by the time I get started, since in my current position, it'll be a little bit before I can get my grubby mits on the cabinet) Though I might go the route of putting Hyperspin in it. I know it all depends, but do you have any reccomendations for computers?

You can just purchase a barebone kit like this one here Great deal from Tiger Direct and then just buy a hard drive for windows and hyperspin. This way you don't have a super slow P4 and yet you don't have to spend a zillion on a high powered gaming PC.

The original plan was to make it soley FIFjr. (Was hoping someone would get a ROM of it by the time I get started, since in my current position, it'll be a little bit before I can get my grubby mits on the cabinet) Though I might go the route of putting Hyperspin in it. I know it all depends, but do you have any reccomendations for computers?

I had an interesting experience today.

The 5yr old grandson really enjoyed Wreck It Ralph and he played the iphone app a bunch. So I figured the Fix It Felix, Jr. cab I've been building would be a big hit with the kids.

As a test, I slapped the Ipac in it and fired up the Felix and Sugar Rush games from Disney.com and let the 5yr old and 8yr old play.

They were quickly tired of Felix and Sugar Rush plays so poorly they didn't even finish a game.

hmmmmmm, that was a surprise.

So I guess I'm scrapping the ipac cab idea and putting a 60-1 in the machine until there is a better Wreck It Ralph game available for stand-up cabs.

the iphone app is quicker and they like it better. the game must fit that style of presentation better where it's a fast fingertip game?

There is now a ANDROID Wreck-it-Ralph / Fix it Felix Jr. App!

I have it installed on my Kindle.

Glad it's now playable on something besides that crappy web browser version and that Damn iphone.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/09/disneys-wreck-it-ralph-game-goes-official-in-google-play-lets-you-play-the-bad-guy-gone-good/

Maybe? A PC friendly cab version will come soon..... :dunno

One can only hope!

Glad it's now playable on something besides that crappy web browser version and that Damn iphone.

One can only hope!

One can only hope!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/09/disneys-wreck-it-ralph-game-goes-official-in-google-play-lets-you-play-the-bad-guy-gone-good/

One can only hope!

I've received that message before for just a regular post on a regular thread. I think it's some sort of forum bug. Try posting it again, I'd like to see the pic. :)

Can't wait to build one of these in the near future. I'm patiently waiting with graphics in hand. :D

Archived