Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

It's ok RidicRick.

I am as much to blame.

Now that i go back and read what i posted.

I came off sounding like an Asshat.

Not what i was trying to be at all.

So i apologize to both you guys.

I know i speak for alot of other people when i say this.

I am just wanting an end to the FIX IT FELIX Jr. for a Empty Cabinet quest.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was heartbroken when I read through that amazing post only to hear he wasn't going to be sharing the game.

I'm so happy that it turned out to be misinformation. Anxiously awaiting your video! I love hearing from people who notice the small details when making something accurate!

Who said that?

I wouldn't ask anyone to donate for something like this. Everything program I write is free and always has been.

I'm attempting this as a challenge to myself to make an exact replica with optional bonus features. I viewed the screenshots from your link. I don't know the person in question making the game, but I'm sure he's very skilled and a cool guy, but from the introductory screens I can see many things not matching up to the arcade.

I'm not asking for donations, but to come here and ask me to give my stuff away so you can maybe donate to another person kinda doesn't make sense to me. Let me get right on that.

Hi Bill,

I'm the person making the other game. I also created a version of Pac Man Battle Royale a while ago. I think it's really cool you're making your own version. I know how much work goes into programming a game (or any other piece of software) like this. At least you have access to the real arcade machine. For the Pac Man project I only had blurry youtube videos and pictures.

If you decide to release your game, I probably wouldn't bother creating another version. It wouldn't be much use having two versions of the same game out there. If you decide not to release it, I would really appreciate a copy of the videos and pictures you made of the original cabinet. I'm not asking for any artwork, code or sounds you created!

I know the first screenshot of the game isn't perfect, but i'm doing the best I can with very limited resources. You should have seen the first version of my Pac Man game...

post-9530-142870583207_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing a video of your work...and hopefully a version of the game for all the people with empty FIFjr cabinets!

Hi Bill,

I'm the person making the other game. I also created a version of Pac Man Battle Royale a while ago. I think it's really cool you're making your own version. I know how much work goes into programming a game (or any other piece of software) like this. At least you have access to the real arcade machine. For the Pac Man project I only had blurry youtube videos and pictures.

If you decide to release your game, I probably wouldn't bother creating another version. It wouldn't be much use having two versions of the same game out there. If you decide not to release it, I would really appreciate a copy of the videos and pictures you made of the original cabinet. I'm not asking for any artwork, code or sounds you created!

I know the first screenshot of the game isn't perfect, but i'm doing the best I can with very limited resources. You should have seen the first version of my Pac Man game...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22862[/ATTACH]

Looking forward to seeing a video of your work...and hopefully a version of the game for all the people with empty FIFjr cabinets!

I saw your Pac-Man Battle Royale gameplay! How would one obtain a personal-use copy for use with ones own cabinets/machines?

Not if someone has to pay money to access the game. I have over 700 dollars vested in just acquiring resources for the game including purchasing commercial fonts used by the game, not including the time I spent. If I am going to give anything out then the community should benefit freely at my expense.

Not if someone has to pay money to access the game. I have over 700 dollars vested in just acquiring resources for the game including purchasing commercial fonts used by the game, not including the time I spent. If I am going to give anything out then the community should benefit freely at my expense.

Man that sounds awesome!

Thank you. Bill!

I understand your point and I have to agree. I was not aware of how much you had invested in the game.

So if you're not releasing the game to the community, I will do mine for free. And any help from your side would be greatly appreciated.

DarthSjaak - I haven't been keeping up with BYOAC on a regular basis lately. Man your project is amazing. I've been pushing NAMCo into releasing a PC version of Pacman Battle Royal, but haven't heard anything lately from them.

Is there a download available for your newest version?

I can't wait for BBB's version of Fix it Felix!

@DarthSjaak, I also have the same interest... I'd love to test out your project on my cabinet!

Also, I can't wait for BBB's version of Fix it Felix either :)

@BBB, for those of us who would run FIF on a horizontal screen, if you haven't already, would you consider adding virtual bezel support, similar to how mame's artwork mode works with bezel enabled ? I've found this to work great for native vertical games on a 29" horizontal monitor :)

Man! this is so emotional and intense! I have dreamed of owning both of these games, only hoping they would be released on steam or xbla, but I applaud both Bill and DarthSjaak for their dedication to reproducing these instant classics, but I'm not sure if I would even consider asking for their hard work, unless I planned to build one of these cabs in its entirety, if either of them decide to share freely in what ever way they deem appropriate, hats off to them, but Bill's right; $700 plus labor to accomplish this only to give freely is a big decision. Thanks for sharing the project with us guys!

Agreed, honestly I'm happy to even know of and have the opportunity to see a video of the end result after so much time, effort, and money has been invested. There's plenty of legal issues surrounding the release of work that contains another companies intellectual property. Disney is known to lay down the hammer on unsanctioned work. I'm no legal expert, but I'm willing to bet that any lawyer would probably advise against the release of the game in playable or even code form. As much as I'd love to have it on my cabinet, I wouldn't want it at the expense of BBB's freedom or legal financial expense. There's also the risk of unwanted negative exposure towards the Hyper* community. Not trying to be "that" guy, simply offering some perspective that others may not be thinking about.

Agreed, honestly I'm happy to even know of and have the opportunity to see a video of the end result after so much time, effort, and money has been invested. There's plenty of legal issues surrounding the release of work that contains another companies intellectual property. Disney is known to lay down the hammer on unsanctioned work. I'm no legal expert, but I'm willing to bet that any lawyer would probably advise against the release of the game in playable or even code form. As much as I'd love to have it on my cabinet, I wouldn't want it at the expense of BBB's freedom or legal financial expense. There's also the risk of unwanted negative exposure towards the Hyper* community. Not trying to be "that" guy, simply offering some perspective that others may not be thinking about.

Code is not a problem if it's a clean room design. For Pac Man Battle Royale I redesigned the code without seeing the original code, just by looking at the specs (or gameplay, in this case).

Code is not a problem if it's a clean room design. For Pac Man Battle Royale I redesigned the code without seeing the original code, just by looking at the specs (or gameplay, in this case).

True, but one could argue that the artwork and characters specifically are potentially being used in an unlicensed fashion, if distributed with the code/engine itself. Hopefully someone with a greater understanding of intellectual property laws can chime in on the matter.

On a more light hearted note...

Alot of people say" I just don't see what everyone sees in this game!

For me I see a glimpse of a golden era

Long gone.

That alone makes me want this game so badly.

It reminds me very much. Of great simple classic arcade gaming.

My sons been bugging me since I took him to see the movie to put this on the arcade and I have to admit I to would love to have it. I understand there's a lot of hard work and some financial costs that go into something like this which is why I wouldn't even hesitate to offer a donation to help out.

My sons been bugging me since I took him to see the movie to put this on the arcade and I have to admit I to would love to have it. I understand there's a lot of hard work and some financial costs that go into something like this which is why I wouldn't even hesitate to offer a donation to help out.

You can find out more here

Archived