Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya the game is pretty much done, Im just doing a few minor optional additions to the game that are bonus add ons, I came up with some pretty cool ones that don't take away from the game. I'll put a video when it's fully ready. But I must say that I even impressed myself with this one, it's pretty much a spot on recreation. Having played the actual arcade version many times and playing mine, I honestly can't tell the difference. Funny thing is that while creating this and watching my videos over and over I kept finding tons more differences in the arcade version compared to the online version, there are so many more sprites that it was getting rediculous. For example when felix dies his final death the arcade version changed about 4 or 5 sprites compared to the online one, felix actually makes this goofy looking face and his dead body is even different and looks much better. Little things like when ralph gets thrown off the building he has his arms angled differently. I've had to probably draw from scratch over 50 new sprites that are different. You don't notice the different sprites until you watch closely frame by frame what's going on in the game. There are many other small differences, such as the way ralph acts and the beginning and end of each floor, the sound effects are different when you finish floors, there are tons of extra sounds in the arcade also. The way things are timed are way different to, which was a whole nother battle that I had to deal with. It seemed like every time I though I was done with something I would notice yet something else that was slighly different. I'ts like playing one of those hidden object games or something. I also went to bitmap fonts to ensure pixel perfect fonts and to ensure the use of the exact character sets in the game. The fonts in the game borrow from multiple types which I found on closer inspection. There is no one font out there that matches up exactly to the character set used in the game, so I drew them all by hand. I pretty much analyzed all my footage to get everything exact as I possibly could down to the pixel level which was pretty challenging. I didn't want this to be slapped together but rather a perfect as possible copy of the real thing, which is why it took longer than I thought. Programming it was the easy part, making it match up felt like it was more like an art. I noticed also that out of the 4 machines at Disneyland 2 of the games are way slower than the other 2 machines. Like a lot slower. I feel sorry for who gets the slow ones because they are crappy to play, and the colors are a little off to. The other 2 machines were pretty great. The reason I mentioned that is because the slower ones were the first ones I played and took footage of, it wasn't until subsequent trips that I played the other machines and got a much better feel for the game. The full attract mode sequence and ralph intro animation were the suckiest parts to recreate, but I think after much work they turned out great.

Looking forward to seeing this in action.

Hello guys, first of all I would like to thank Rick for the amazing job done. Secondly I need your help as I'm about to buld a weekade with Rick's artwork I would like to know what's the exact color code for the painting of the cab that I should be looking for

thanks

Hello guys, first of all I would like to thank Rick for the amazing job done. Secondly I need your help as I'm about to buld a weekade with Rick's artwork I would like to know what's the exact color code for the painting of the cab that I should be looking for

thanks

Good luck with your weecade build, I just finished mine before christmas, took me 6 months around work life & kids. A lot of fun & even better when its up & running. Just waiting for my marquee & control panel graphics to arrive which I designed in illustrator. I made some minor adjustments to the drawings like a wider control panel & more room for the equipment inside. Here's a couple pics.post-60958-142870584793_thumb.jpg

post-60958-142870584783_thumb.jpg

Here in California Disney has already taken the arcades out. The staff did not know why, but the whole wreck it section is closed off. I guess it was promotional only. I don't understand why they couldn't leave the games in their arcade..

look at this vid. that was took on 1/31/13 at disney quest and look how much machines were there!:

I meant as in do u have any dimensioned drawings/sketches you used as a guide when cutting it out and constructing it that your willing to share.

You may laugh, But i eyeballed it all. I took pics of my DK and Popeye with my Cellphone.

And drawed it out on some MDF and cut away.

I however. Made some slight changes, Mainly in the shape near the marquee.

This is a TobiKomi machine and not a Nintendo. lol.

Plus the cabaret version is usually different than the full size machines.

I am not a big fan of the traditional Nintendo Baby Blue Color.

So i really liked the blue of RidicRick's CP.

So i had the paint color matched to that.

I can measure it up for you?

If you like though.

You may laugh, But i eyeballed it all. I took pics of my DK and Popeye with my Cellphone.

And drawed it out on some MDF and cut away.

I however. Made some slight changes, Mainly in the shape near the marquee.

This is a TobiKomi machine and not a Nintendo. lol.

Plus the cabaret version is usually different than the full size machines.

I can measure it up for you?

If you like though.

no that's alright. u don't have to go to that trouble. I thought maybe if you had done some up already. thanks anyway.

there's some on jakobud. I might just scale them down. they just don't have all the info on them. monitor angle and set back etc.

no that's alright. u don't have to go to that trouble. I thought maybe if you had done some up already. thanks anyway.

there's some on jakobud. I might just scale them down. they just don't have all the info on them. monitor angle and set back etc.

The info on the Monitor angle probably won't matter.

If you scale it down? You will have to adjust it to whatever size monitor/type you are going to put in there?

I recommend using foamboard as a template for the glass.

Cut a piece of it the size of the glass you will need, Then cut a window out in it.

To get your view right with the monitor.

That's how i went about that.

However it did help. Having 2 Nintendo cabs here.

Just got Wreck It Ralph 720p file..(and yes I am also buying it) :) and the extras are pretty sweet! They talk about the making of the arcade game and movie.

I got ahold of it. The segment Bit by Bit was about the only thing i saw with the Arcade game in it. And it wasn't much.

Did i miss something??

Wonder if any of our talented theme creators have thought of doing a theme for this one yet? I'll be happy to bang out the background audio file if you want it BBB and I'm sure Circo can do an accompanying video once you got it done.

I think this puppy deserves the respect of launching through HyperSpin and all the fanfare associated with that. I just saw the movie and am just psyched to see BBB's blood sweat and tears come to fruition.

Wonder if any of our talented theme creators have thought of doing a theme for this one yet? I'll be happy to bang out the background audio file if you want it BBB and I'm sure Circo can do an accompanying video once you got it done.

I think this puppy deserves the respect of launching through HyperSpin and all the fanfare associated with that. I just saw the movie and am just psyched to see BBB's blood sweat and tears come to fruition.

I'm sure BBB has something up his sleeve, I did ask him how he was planning to run it but no response as of yet. What ever he decides to do i'll just be glad to play this title on my cab in all it's glory. I can't wait to see how his version has turned out. I agree with you on this title getting all the fanfare that goes with Hyperspin.

Archived