Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

Ill get dropbox ready again for some people soon here. But I wont share it for much longer.

Anyways... I want you all to check out what I made today. I took my NES FIFjr designs and printed them, made the boxes and put labels on the cartridges. Now I am starting to work on the manual and getting the 8bit game someone created onto these.

First, here is the designs. Two different boxes and the cartridge decals to go with them.

FIF01.jpg

Here they are printed on vinyl and then laminated.

FIF02.jpg

I removed the decals from two games (don't worry, they were crappy common games anyway). Just use a blow dryer for 15 seconds 10 inches away from the decal, then it removes really easy without leaving much of anything. Then wipe them down with isopropyl alcohol.

FIF03.jpg

Here is the white poster board I used. I think its a perfect thickness compared to all the others I found.

FIF03a.jpg

I installed the vinyl graphics onto the posterboard. Its crazy because it looks like I printed on the poster board.

FIF03b.jpg

After 10 minutes of carefully cutting with a razor blade I have this. :)

FIF04.jpg

Score the back of the board very lightly with a razor where each bend is. Then bend it.. its that easy. USE A RULER!! NO FREEHAND!

FIF05.jpg

It should end up looking like this.

FIF06.jpg

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You put glue on this side of the print just on that edge. DO NOT put that much glue on it like I did, it was way to much..oops :)

FIF07.jpg

Carefully fold the piece over and keep it pressed for a few minutes until its stuck. I put a cartridge inside the box to help with the pressure. Dont let glue get all over.

FIF08.jpg

Not really sure how to explain to fold the bottom, just look at the pictures, pretty easy to figure out.

FIF09.jpg

And done!

FIF10.jpg

Fix it Felix Jr original edition for NES.

FIF11.jpg

Fix it Felix Jr classic arcade edition for NES

FIF12.jpg

Now I am just showing off. :)

It should end up looking like this.

FIF13.jpg

FIF14.jpg

One word - Epic.

I literally have a box of all my old NES games, with their boxes and instruction manuals. I was going to frame them up and put them around the arcade, and therefore, I made NEED these FiFJr boxes as well to compliment my cab :D

I Googled this up for comparison purposes (wish it were bigger).

post-92723-142870598708_thumb.jpg

Btw, I stumbled across this the other day.. not sure who's already seen it, but definitely a great Mockumentary for FiFJr fans :)

Thanks guys. Yeah that turbo time cart is awesome!! I am working on the manual right now and I will be ordering the cases for the boxes today from HERE.

Here is the front and back of the manual (first page), just made this quick last night, still might change it. I got many pages to go but should be done with this maybe by tonight.

FIF15.jpg

Hopefully this link works so anyone can download the NES art package.

Fix It Felix Jr NES Package without Manual DOWNLOAD

Yes I actually plan on doing some older carts and boxes as well. :) We need to get a team on this, going to be a ton of work. Plus we need some smart programmers to make the real games for each cart.

Perhaps Atari 2600 Graphics Next? :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30985[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30986[/ATTACH]

Plus we need some smart programmers to make the real games for each cart.

wouldn't that be nice :)

Did a quick search for emulated FIFjr roms, and found someone ported it to megadrive... cant post the link just yet, but google should show it

Yeah I seen youtube videos of the genesis version and a few others. They look pretty good. Some talented people out there for sure.

wouldn't that be nice :)

Did a quick search for emulated FIFjr roms, and found someone ported it to megadrive... cant post the link just yet, but google should show it

Amazingly generic manual is done! lol Nothing special..just a lame fun design like the other 80s manuals. Now to get them printed.

Print pages...

PrototypeFIFj2r.jpg

The prototype done with scissors... lol.... Pages 7 and 8 i forgot to print.. so I used marker..

PrototypeFIFjr.jpg

Amazingly generic manual is done! lol Nothing special..just a lame fun design like the other 80s manuals. Now to get them printed.

Print pages...

PrototypeFIFj2r.jpg

The prototype done with scissors... lol.... Pages 7 and 8 i forgot to print.. so I used marker..

PrototypeFIFjr.jpg

Nice!

...is it wrong that I constantly have the Fix It Felix Jr. attract music constantly cycling through my head?

So here is my 2 player MAME configuration. With the AI file you can take away or add as you wish. If you would like the AI file, send me a PM.

Fix_it_Felix_CPO2.png

IMG_20130801_220521_914.jpg

0zkzGCVrFtjcnm2GreVsxDo5fDGA3VDPMnCqXdH0vpU=w385-h684-no

As you might be able to tell. My initial calculations were a little off. The spacing of the buttons were to close. So I had to bump them over. The white circle in the middle is for future I might add a roll ball for bowling and some MAME games like centipede. If that is not something you want you can easily fill it in with blue. The arrows could be moved a little farther out. The cover on the joystick masks the arrows right now. I have an AI file if you like it. Let me know what you think.

underoath23, I got a few suggestions for you.

Arrows dont need to be farther out really, just get the Nintendo clear plxi dust guards... These fit the Nintendo joysticks.

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=DKJOYGUARD

And since its a Nintendo cab I would get these joysticks to give it a more authentic feel and look. These are the long shaft ones as it looks like you probably didnt route a section out under the control panel for short shaft sticks. Dont worry about seeing the wood in the circle cut out where the joystick is..just paint that black inside the hole.

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JOYBBSUPER

If you do these two changes I am sure you will be much happier with everything and it will look much more authentic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been 2 weeks and no luck getting a hold of RidicRick for a dropbox link. I really was eager to use this art on my bartop mame I am currently building for my nephew. If anyone can please help me get a hold of the art files for FIFJr, I would greatly appreciate it. I can also help compensate for your bandwidth and time spent with a trade or donation. Thanks and best of luck!

Zoltar :beer:

email/dropbox = [email protected]

Archived