Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill, after Ralph wrecks the building and Felix grabs the hammer, @I don't know if you added this already but you are supposed to hear him say "I can fix it!!".

I think that's the movie version though but because from the video mentioning you can customize between movie and real version I wanted to mention it.

So not saying yay or nay means nay, gotchya. I guess other software I released on this site under the same format must not be out following that logic.

You did an awesome job! It's just jaw dropping. And you have done wonderful things for the arcade culture and hobby with Hyperspin!

But it's a Yes or No answer. No sense in getting all these people's hopes up. Just to let em down?

I guess people are not as straight forward as i am?

Call it one of my faults.

Again, You did a fantastic job.

You don't know the whole story so please forgive me for not putting it out there bluntly. The real answer at this point is neither yes nor no. I have gotten a couple emails that worry me that I'd rather not discuss. The end result is that there are some things I need to do in order to properly release this game, which I am currently doing but it takes time. Now while this is all going on, I have personally not posted videos or screenshots of the game for my own reasons. A weekend fling at MGC is not going to worry me. There are no beta testers for my own reasons also. The more I have to read some of these posts is just making me want to throw the game into the pile of my other dead projects.

I want to chime in on this before it gets out of hand so everyone knows what really happened. BadBoyBill made this for a fun project to test his own skill, just for himself to see if he could do it, he wasn't even planning on releasing it to me or anyone. I personally know him and one day on the phone he said he is making it and we thought it would be a good idea to get this done in time for kids and everyone else to enjoy playing it at the Midwest Gaming Classic. From the very beginning I made the mistake and first said BBB is making this game not thinking about how everyone is going to want it. Then I made the second mistake and said he will NOT be releasing it because I honestly wanted everyone to leave him alone about it. Like what BBB said.. there is no YES or NO answer yet but if people are going to be negative then I guess his decision might come quick and the entire thing will be dropped.

ALSO, there is another side to this project. I think Sjaak got into the same situation and I feel bad for him also. I have heard many people complaining that he is not yet sharing his version. I think everyone just needs to be patient, let Sjaak make the game and if he decided to release it then cool, if not they oh well. If I didn't have a copy of either one I wouldnt be mad or bummed because I did this project just for fun and how far it went didn't matter.

Lets not get this thread locked or become negative. This was all for fun.. heck I was happy to have the web browser version in the cab.

My ultimate goal is to make this available to everyone or at least anyone building a cab for the game. The game will be completely free (free as in finding money on the street kind of free) and even hosted on an ad free web page. No money or donation would be required nor expected. All options will be free including default high score initials and things like that. There is no point in putting this much work just to have something for myself, I really want the community to have it and I will not ask for anything in return for people to have this.

I just have to overcome a few hurdles to make this happen, I hope you understand my position and why a game like this cannot just be put up for download immediately.

As for the other great version being worked on, I would encourage the same precautions be taken for releasing the game if that is the plan and good luck!

My ultimate goal is to make this available to everyone or at least anyone building a cab for the game. The game will be completely free (free as in finding money on the street kind of free) and even hosted on an ad free web page. No money or donation would be required nor expected. All options will be free including default high score initials and things like that. There is no point in putting this much work just to have something for myself, I really want the community to have it and I will not ask for anything in return for people to have this.

I just have to overcome a few hurdles to make this happen, I hope you understand my position and why a game like this cannot just be put up for download immediately.

As for the other great version being worked on, I would encourage the same precautions be taken for releasing the game if that is the plan and good luck!

:cheers: spoken like a true gent. i'd just like to say awesome work! there's plenty of people who would cash-in given half the talent you and others on this site have......if you plan or are able to release this then great! if not, the HS community wont think anything less of you Bill..... you what have created here (the HS community). is one of the strongest i've seen on any other public forum of any kind. I take my hat of too you fella! :shakehands:

Rick,

Here is my DK setup.

I thought you might wanna check it out?

I mounted a power button for the PC on a piece of plexi where the original flip switch was on the cabinet.

That way you can put you hand around the bottom of the cab and turn it on.

post-73441-142870586747_thumb.jpg

post-73441-142870587005_thumb.jpg

I saw your friend's post on youtube about the power up in the BIOS.

I just set mine that way. Works great!

I still will use the button for a proper shut down.

post-73441-142870586741_thumb.jpg

post-73441-142870586744_thumb.jpg

post-73441-142870586988_thumb.jpg

Yeah my buddy that suggested the power idea is Hack3r here on the forums, he has one of the most viewed game rooms on youtube. That looks pretty good, are you going to remove the donkey kong graphics and put FIFjr graphics on? I just played Sjaaks recent version, he is getting pretty far, instruction screen and saves. The timer on it kinda sucked.. more like a tease.. LOL

Thanks for the update BBB! I don't blame you for wanting to cover your own ass first. My 6 year old has been asking if I could put this game on the arcade so this would be a great surprise for him but if you can't release it he will have to live with the other 20,000 games on there:) I personally have no problem donating for this also. I've heard you can get a copy of sjaak's with a donation but I would feel more comfortable donating to you and your work since your work is what got me involved in arcade machines. Nothing against sjaak but I'd rather support the hyperspin family. Thanks for all you do for this community!

:cheers: spoken like a true gent. i'd just like to say awesome work! there's plenty of people who would cash-in given half the talent you and others on this site have......if you plan or are able to release this then great! if not, the HS community wont think anything less of you Bill..... you what have created here (the HS community). is one of the strongest i've seen on any other public forum of any kind. I take my hat of too you fella! :shakehands:

Agreed 110%! Just seeing a video of this game blows my mind, you did an amazing job Bill. If it never gets released, it would be a shame, but I think most people would understand the situation you're in. Disney is no joke. Regardless they can't stop me from building my own FiF cab. Just looking for an empty Nintendo cab to work with. :)

Thanks Buckethead, didnt realize this.. and glad to know DK will not be tortured. :)

Oh No No! The DK stays DK!

I have another Nintendo cab for the Felix project.

Sjaak is supposed to have you off the timer.

Might wanna check the box.

I think the reason (and its a good one) that they dont release a PC version or even arcade PCB of the game is because they would feel responsible for all of these people making DK cabs into FIFjr. They already realized that after the few 6 or whatever it was they made and they did the rest from scratch. I kinda worried too as I gave the art files away but I did post a few times please dont destroy a DK cab for this. My cab had mario bros in it and its a pile of crap beat up particle board cab.. so I didnt care. lol But I love it being a piece of crap.. more authentic from early 80's that way.. which it is..

if anything Disney should see there's a market for a proper pc port (surely it couldn't be that hard it's already running on a pc) and just release/sell it and make more money. it's a no brainer really.

Archived