Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

LotarisPin - Standard Size - Two Monitors (40/26)

freezy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad you are as happy with the "lighting" method I suggested as I was with it in my cab. You did an excellent job and those buttons shine really nice and bright. I also had a chance to take a look at your artwork and have to say - WOW. This is gonna be one hell of a cab :) Really impressive.

I just made an update to my LED illumination I would want to share: I went with small rbg LED. Same procedure of mounting and everything. Benefit for me: Via an LEDWiz routine, I can now light the buttons in the very respective color of the table I am playing; Transformers, e.g., has blue buttons in reality, thus the buttons are illuminated blue. I did that with all my tables and really like this nice add on. It just a simple +1 though :)

Thanks, I'm looking forward to see it actually glued on the box. :)

I thought about an RBG version too, but couldn't find transparent buttons in the right size - the ones I got are a 1/4" too short. However I've determined that having them illuminated is already pretty cool - even if it's always the same color.

You mind asking which buttons you got and where from?

Hey there captain,

I got mine at arcadeshop.de, which has been my first adress for everything cab related along my build. Great service, great parts .Woud always shop there again. The transparent buttons are the shorter ones but I custom built the connector setup anyways so therefore it wasn't really a problem :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This looks awesome freezy, any chance of a video ?

I would love to see it in action with the strobes and leds working :)

Would it be ok to use your plans for my cabinet ? I'm still researching at the minute but would like to add your plans to my collection.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey Freezy, more questions, hope you don't mind. Did you use only awg 18 wire for your electrical connections, also why did you use a 24v power supply instead of 2 12v regular atx psu's?

Be gentle, I have no idea about amps, watts, ohms law and the like. My electrical knowledge consists of "it's been on for 30 seconds, it's not getting warm, no smoke, no smell, yeeeey"

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Haha I had about the same relation to this before I started working on the cab.

Yes, I've used the same wire for all connections (12V/24V). The 24V PSU I needed for the knockers and the solenoids (knockers are actually 50V, but 24V already knocks pretty well). The reason I've used a separate 12V power supply instead of the PC's PSU was mainly because I wanted to keep the PC's circuit separate from the rest. Check out maxxsinner's excellent electrical guide, it's all pretty well explained in there.

Archived