Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Im giving up on Hyperspin because

jedfactor

I'm confused by your post. You firstly state the drive seller is adding so much value and making it nice and easy and then say it was all a waste of time because you junked it. No logic at all.

If 10 other people did that or 100 the drive seller has made between £400 to £4000 and there is 10 to 100 people on this forum asking for help for free.

You were conned.

Sorry if my post confused you, just trying to give both sides of the argument, and my reasoning for buying the drive.

If they did everything that they said they did,(which they don't),  I believe they have a right to charge for their work.

Using the media created by others is morally similar to us using many thousands of roms, ( Which I'm sure not everybody paid for all of them.)

In spite of these points

Even at the price I paid, I don't believe it was value for money. so yes, as you say, I was conned.

I was trying to help others to not make the same mistake.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* We do not sell illegal roms.

Sorry, my bad, I was not implying this site sold roms.

I really meant some users of hyperspin  have many thousands of roms, that were created as commercial products and copyrighted. some of these roms may not have been obtained legitimately.

I can understand not supporting your product to the many people you sold it too. Gosh it must be a pain, all those people calling and emailing with problems. But the least they could have done is rename the roms to the XML. They would have only had to do that once.

Is it generally an issue of the drives including malicious stuff, or that it includes media from here and Emumovies that you'd normally need to pay for?

I suppose I don't have a problem ROM drives themselves, as long as they don't contain software (exe's and such) that malicious software could be in.

As a user, I donated initially for a year of Gold, then subsequently for a Lifetime Platinum membership to keep the lights on around here so people continue to gather together and to make sure there were servers so the information in this forum was available when I needed it.

I didn't pay for Hyperspin since that was available here for free. Didn't expect or think I had a right to demand any updates for free software and especially since it was already in a workable condition. Didn't expect XMLs, wheels, themes, videos, etc. to be available on any time frame, since it was individual volunteers that were creating those assets and freely offering them to the community for our use. The same with tutorials, troubleshooting advice, and most of the other things available here.

Did the same with Emumovies. I check in over their occasionally, but don't really participate in the community. But I definitely do appreciate their dedication to creating accurate videos, as well as all the console and game manuals, snaps and other things. It really help that those things are available when I need them and named properly. Again, server costs and volunteers keeping that going.

And the thing is, my donation is long gone. It would be ashamed if I logged on and found the doors closed. Thanks for being there for me guys. And also for chasing away the Korean tumbleweeds that gathered in the night. That was nice of you.

Honestly I just want to play the games and have them organized, the fact that there was a front end like this with so much cool stuff like videos and wheels of games with all the info and things was a bonus no doubt. But the way some of it sounds lol it's more of a hobbyist thing to even try to get the front end working correctly, & for a person who just wants to play a lot of games, is it even worth it if I may or may not have it working in a years time? Lol

The problem is that ppl who want take the easy way out and get a running FE is better off not going for HyperSpin in the 1st place. The problem is, it's too visually appealing :)

Though it's kind of a problem in emulation in general. If you get a pre-setup setup, you're kinda stuck with what you have, as FE's, emus, rom sets, artwork assets are updated, it'll require some tinkering to implement them.

Another problem with these pre-setup HS drives is that they want to cram way too much crap into it. Half done systems etc all over the place. They'd really serve themselves better if they'd only go for systems that are really fleshed out and give a smooth, slick presentation. Preferably even only the major systems, leaving all the obscure stuff behind.

Honestly I just want to play the games and have them organized, the fact that there was a front end like this with so much cool stuff like videos and wheels of games with all the info and things was a bonus no doubt. But the way some of it sounds lol it's more of a hobbyist thing to even try to get the front end working correctly, & for a person who just wants to play a lot of games, is it even worth it if I may or may not have it working in a years time? Lol

Depends on how many one-off issues you have. I had MAME, Sega Model 2, Sega Model 3, DeMul (Naomi, Atomiswave), AAE, Steam & PC games set up, media Hypersynced and playing within 3 days.

It took longer and more work (and frustration) to get the Laserdisc games all working though (Daphne & Daphne singe). And I don't run any console game wheels on my cab.

From there it was all perfectly playable, but that's where the tweaking starts and I've been customizing, tweaking, adding manufacturer wheels, updating and changing/trying things for the pat year.

I followed Ghutche's text guide for setting up HyperSpin and RocketLauncher (from here and what I'd suggest for initial step-by-step setup). Be careful of vids as if it's older it may screw you up. Austins vids are good and can teach you how everything flows, but make sure you don't mix your HyperSpin and RocketLauncher folders together like he does in the vid (maybe he's fixed that tutorial by now though?)

Good luck

P.S. and for gods sake make sure you pair your HyperSpin 1.4 with RocketLauncher, not HyperLaunch. HyperLaunch is the old version and is no longer supported.

Just check out Simply Austin's tutorials -

About 3 hours and done for what you're looking for. :)

I followed Ghutche's text guide for setting up HyperSpin and RocketLauncher (from here and what I'd suggest for initial step-by-step setup). Be careful of vids as if it's older it may screw you up. Austins vids are good and can teach you how everything flows, but make sure you don't mix your HyperSpin and RocketLauncher folders together like he does in the vid (maybe he's fixed that tutorial by now though?)

I have without any issues. The ones in order of the playlist, at first he keeps them separate, but later ones there are some issues if you do it step-by-step because the RL directory is within HS.

• 2 years later...

I'm HAPPY to be done with this software.  It is NOT intuitive and it is WAY too OVER-complicated.  Sorry to say, but I feel like I shed a huge weight off my back.  All this software is supposed to do is be a front end for emulators.  Let all the emulators do their job and Hyperspin can do it's job but Hyperspin tends to overthink "everything" and it becomes a configuration nightmare everywhere you go.  Let alone the fact that Rocketlauncher is garbage having to match .AHK's to every system and the emulators have to be compatible with those AHK's.  Like I said, let the emulators do their job and Hyperspin do its'.   

I downloaded Big Box and paid $50.00 for it, but they actually make a great product and do all the configuration for you.  Why does anyone want to spend so many nights tinkering with Hyperspin when they can have 5 systems up and running flawlessly in a few hours, along with all artwork and videos collected.

I'm sure this will be deleted, but hopefully, it will help some not have to go through the lousy times that I did.  Thanks but no thanks Hyperspin.  Get over yourself.

28 minutes ago, SSCrush said:

I'm HAPPY to be done with this software.  It is NOT intuitive and it is WAY too OVER-complicated.  Sorry to say, but I feel like I shed a huge weight off my back.  All this software is supposed to do is be a front end for emulators.  Let all the emulators do their job and Hyperspin can do it's job but Hyperspin tends to overthink "everything" and it becomes a configuration nightmare everywhere you go.  Let alone the fact that Rocketlauncher is garbage having to match .AHK's to every system and the emulators have to be compatible with those AHK's.  Like I said, let the emulators do their job and Hyperspin do its'.   

I downloaded Big Box and paid $50.00 for it, but they actually make a great product and do all the configuration for you.  Why does anyone want to spend so many nights tinkering with Hyperspin when they can have 5 systems up and running flawlessly in a few hours, along with all artwork and videos collected.

I'm sure this will be deleted, but hopefully, it will help some not have to go through the lousy times that I did.  Thanks but no thanks Hyperspin.  Get over yourself.

LOL, I think I can safely say that this will not be deleted. You are entitled to your own opinion after all.

And yes, I do agree that if your goal is to just get a few systems up and running quickly, there are faster options. Hyperspin is tailored toward people who wish to have more control over exactly what is shown and where and when. Other FE's may have a couple of "themes/layouts" but the ability to completely tweak every aspect just isn't there.

Also, I don't quite understand your bashing of RocketLauncher. It is independent of HS... and in fact is actually made for all FE's. I don't see how you can avoid using RL unless you just don't care about seeing emulator windows opening/maximizing... bezels for emulators that don't support them internally... keymapper integration... pause media like manuals and move lists... the list goes on and on. Enjoy your BigBox, but if you are serious about having a "nice" setup, take some time to learn to use RL.

Archived