Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Im giving up on Hyperspin because

jedfactor

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe BBB should put together an Official HyperDrive product, selling his own hard drive as a fully configured plug and play solution... Great way to put those thieves out of business, silence the critics and introduce new versions. Of course, have a free version still available for those do-it-yourselfers that like to play.

Can't really see how anything else will work short of banning anyone who even brings up the topic but that'll just piss people off. I don't know if any of these ideas are plausible or have ever been or will be considered - I'm just throwing it out there...

- J*

I got bored watching the 35 minute rambling about making money 16 hours at a time and the systems he has to suffer through for all of his Japanese fans, so I switched to his youtube "Family Room Tour". Just knew it was going to be good. After admiring his wife's postal scale, $600 dollar ottoman that the dog chewed up, and references to the state of the art intrusion detection system running on his raspberry pi to keep the script kiddies from hacking his l33t fileservers and destroying his hard work, something was bothering me. I switched to the HS Forum "Post your home setup" post. Ok, once again I got distracted by Giga's multi room setup and badass projector system. Giga likes orange/ Upchurch likes orange, hmm.

But after comparing the Upchurch "Family Room Tour" to Craig's red walls, multi monitor totally cool retro gaming setup, and closet racing pod, I'm convinced. No way Craig is him.

I got bored watching the 35 minute rambling about making money 16 hours at a time and the systems he has to suffer through for all of his Japanese fans, so I switched to his youtube "Family Room Tour". Just knew it was going to be good. After admiring his wife's postal scale, $600 dollar ottoman that the dog chewed up, and references to the state of the art intrusion detection system running on his raspberry pi to keep the script kiddies from hacking his l33t fileservers and destroying his hard work, something was bothering me. I switched to the HS Forum "Post your home setup" post. Ok, once again I got distracted by Giga's multi room setup and badass projector system. Giga likes orange/ Upchurch likes orange, hmm.

But after comparing the Upchurch "Family Room Tour" to Craig's red walls, multi monitor totally cool retro gaming setup, and closet racing pod, I'm convinced. No way Craig is him.

You fell for the oldest trick in the book. The old "red walls, multi monitor totally cool retro gaming setup, and closet racing pod" trick!

I'm not bothered by these people using the derivative artwork released into the public's use on this site or other sites. If you don't want someone else copying your artwork, you should file for copyright protection. I am bothered by the lack of respect to HyperSpin's clear non-commercial license and some of the emulators non-commercial licenses (some emulators' licenses are ok with being commercially distributed) and also the illegal commercial distribution of roms not in the public domain.

I'm not bothered by these people using the derivative artwork released into the public's use on this site or other sites. If you don't want someone else copying your artwork, you should file for copyright protection.

Someone selling drives on youtube said that exact same thing to someone who posted complaining there about him using his themes. Are you this guy?

What dejavu I'm having right now. This is letter for letter what that youtube guy said just a few days ago to the guy complaining. Seems he deleted the posts but i swear I just read that same exact response a few days ago. This is too much of a coincidence.

By the way this is not a public site. You need to pay for FTP access so your argument is void.

my arcade cab is my baby, I've worked on it for 3 years now perfecting it. it's my long term hobby.

if you expect your hobby to be done and dusted in a few days. things tend to be half assed!

normally if you buy someone's else stuff they too have done it half assed!

if your fussy well your hobby will never end.

Maybe BBB should put together an Official HyperDrive product, selling his own hard drive as a fully configured plug and play solution... Great way to put those thieves out of business, silence the critics and introduce new versions. Of course, have a free version still available for those do-it-yourselfers that like to play.

Can't really see how anything else will work short of banning anyone who even brings up the topic but that'll just piss people off. I don't know if any of these ideas are plausible or have ever been or will be considered - I'm just throwing it out there...

- J*

I think you are right on this, Hyperspin would need to pay the artwork creators some royalties or something, but I think an official product would be the only way to stop any old Joe from selling their own setup.

I am trying to stop it by showing eveyone how to make it themselves. This place is VERY complicated and VERY disorganized for any new user to come along and start their own setup of Hyperspin.

The downloads are all out dated, the art is disorganized and out dated, information for setting anyhting up... mostly out dated. But more importantly everything is burried away in random threads within an already bloated forum. I cannot believe that there is a not a structured reference for anyone to look at as soon as they splash onto the website.

That is why they buy... they do not know how to even start making hyperspin. The only way to combat any of these knobs selling hyperspin and peoples work is to organize this place. Let them see that, you can get everything setup in a weekend.... but finding art... well thats another kettle of fish :(

I am bothered by the lack of respect to HyperSpin's clear non-commercial license and some of the emulators non-commercial licenses

This.

Not to mention fan made games. Every MUGEN and OpenBOR game that you play warn you not to pay for them.

I am trying to stop it by showing eveyone how to make it themselves. This place is VERY complicated and VERY disorganized for any new user to come along and start their own setup of Hyperspin.

The downloads are all out dated, the art is disorganized and out dated, information for setting anyhting up... mostly out dated. But more importantly everything is burried away in random threads within an already bloated forum. I cannot believe that there is a not a structured reference for anyone to look at as soon as they splash onto the website.

That is why they buy... they do not know how to even start making hyperspin. The only way to combat any of these knobs selling hyperspin and peoples work is to organize this place. Let them see that, you can get everything setup in a weekend.... but finding art... well thats another kettle of fish :(

Yes you do have a point, but the people buying these things have no technical knowledge whatsoever or just don't have the time (you can't educate pork.) The guys showing up here who have bought drives and want to add something or change something are really difficult to help out because they know very little.

Most people setting up for the first time know how to read a guide and follow instructions and can search for answers.

Yes the artwork does need sorting I'm sure, just so those other free loaders on FaceBook can share it for free on file hosting site.

Agreed Giga, but some do. But they just do not know where to start. I mean if I was some guy who seen a vid and thought, I WANT THAT! I would come to the website. First thing... hmmm... no information on the first page except theres a release of this Hyperspin. Downloads... ah I can download this thing easy. Oh wait, whats hyperlaunch and hypersync... hypertheme? Hang on... I just want hyperspin?? Download it and booom... nothing works. Go back to the website... no links to guides. Go to forum... hang one theres a 1000 dif guides with 1000 dif way of doing things and 1000 of variations on setups. Google....nope, same thing....youtube... oh my god, its worse.

Back to forums... I just want to set up Hyperspin?? Balls to it, not worth it, im off! hehehe.... we have all been there before :D

Most people setting up for the first time know how to read a guide and follow instructions and can search for answers

Yes but theres sooooo many guides, instructions, but there is no way from easy browsing on this site to tell what exactly they have to start with, what to do next... no flow, nothing current. Nothing obvious for them to work through unless they spend a good couple of months working this place out.

And sure, people can host things... thats the whole point of this place I thought... to make all this for free. No one would need to go anywhere ese if this place had some logic to it.

Lol... im not ranting, I just hate how some guys in attics can be more organized and appealing than the official site :(

We did discuss the help section at length a few months ago. We decided that it should be located where there was already a sticky for setting up HyperSpin, Ghutchs' guide.

That's in the support section and it's a guide, you would hope that would be pretty clear.

Yeah... its a shame we cant just have a big layout on the first page...

DEMO

DOWNLOAD

HOW TO SET IT UP

HOW TO INSTALL EMULATORS

ARTWORK

Then the forum is just where a thread for each system could be made. Talk on progress can be done there, ideas. Then the final product, guide/setup pumped to the main section on the site. Making it more official like.

Yeah... its a shame we cant just have a big layout on the first page...

DEMO

DOWNLOAD

HOW TO SET IT UP

HOW TO INSTALL EMULATORS

ARTWORK

STILL TOO CONFUSING? PURCHASE AN OFFICIAL PRE-CONFIGURED HYPERSPIN DRIVE HERE WITH 10 INTRODUCTORY SYSTEMS INSTALLED TO GET YOU STARTED. GET 5% OFF THE PRICE WITH GOLD HS MEMBERSHIP, 10% OFF WITH PLATINUM HS MEMBERSHIP PLUS THE BENEFITS OF ONGOING FORUM SUPPORT.

Then the forum is just where a thread for each system could be made. Talk on progress can be done there, ideas. Then the final product, guide/setup pumped to the main section on the site. Making it more official like.

My humble contribution to the front page. :beer:

The only way you are going to kill off the third party sellers market is to come up with a better product at a better price with better added value.

My humble contribution to the front page. [emoji481]

The only way you are going to kill off the third party sellers market is to come up with a better product at a better price with better added value.

True that. My only complaint is that some take it to heart and stop sharing or stop working on stuff. :(

Archived