Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Where did Jeepguy81 and SORP's work go on FTP?

nlen83

All of the personal folders have gone bye bye as you can tell. Should a downloaded their whole folders when you had the chance.

So what is it that I donated for aside from the privilege of being recognized by the forum as a supporter and hoping that'll help get my questions answered faster.

Yeah, happy to see they finally re-opened the FTP in a more organized manner, but they should have really made it an exact replica of the hyperspin directory structer, and included the last step for that -- the personal folders for each system, so we could still find people's stuff.  Impossible to sort through I know, so at the very least it could have been implemented now for people to have new personal folders at the end of the hyperspin directory structure from here on out.  But hey, it's one huge, major step in the right direction for sure.

So everyone who made wheels for a system would have their wheels in the wheel folder of the system, under their name.  Everyone's custom databases for stuff?  It would just be in the database folder for the system under their name.  You would already be at the end of the directory looking for stuff, sort of how you look for it on your computer.  Just an idea. I think it makes sense personally, but others might see it differently.

All of the personal folders have gone bye bye as you can tell. Should a downloaded their whole folders when you had the chance.

I have never read one post from you where you tried to actually help someone. You are quite possibly the most miserable guy on the internet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the confusing thing for people now is that the location of the personal folders is under THEMES whereas they are not really themes. Yeah some of the files are themes in there but it would have made more sense to be under _UserFolders or _PersonalFolders or something instead of _Themes.

But I am just glad they are back and not gone forever ;)

Yeah, I don't even bother with the ftp nowadays.  They have so many folders that are empty, i got tired of clicking thinking I was going to find some stuff only to have it be another empty folder.  At least with the username folders there were high odds that the user had something in there.

Thank you @Jumpstile for like a post I made here because I just found this...

I think the confusing thing for people now is that the location of the personal folders is under THEMES whereas they are not really themes. Yeah some of the files are themes in there but it would have made more sense to be under _UserFolders or _PersonalFolders or something instead of _Themes.

But I am just glad they are back and not gone forever ;)

I have been looking for the user folders on the FTP (even though I go into @Dark13 folder for the Aeon Nox XII theme frequently and for some reason thought the themes folder was actually ONLY for themes, silly me for thinking the FTP was organized :whistling: ) so that I could set up my WinUAE system using the pre-configured settings that @Styphelus said he uploaded.

Now I have another system finished! Just goes to show how much the "like" and "quote" buttons help out on here. That is why I always quote in my responses. :D

Thank you @Jumpstile for like a post I made here because I just found this...

I have been looking for the user folders on the FTP (even though I go into @Dark13 folder for the Aeon Nox XII theme frequently and for some reason thought the themes folder was actually ONLY for themes, silly me for thinking the FTP was organized :whistling: ) so that I could set up my WinUAE system using the pre-configured settings that @Styphelus said he uploaded.

Now I have another system finished! Just goes to show how much the "like" and "quote" buttons help out on here. That is why I always quote in my responses. :D

Haha! Well, glad it sorted out for ya :)

Archived