Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Add Android games to wheel

kllngtme

So I'm still putting everything together for getting this to work on my Nvidia Shield Android TV. It's slow going but I think I'm getting it.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get Android games going on it though. I have a database and setting file though I'm not sure I have a good ini file. The other part of my question is how to acutally get it to populate, I would need an Android media folder, right? Any help would be grateful! Thanks!

This is how my Android settings.ini file starts:

[exe info]
path=
rompath=
userompath=true
exe=
romextension=
parameters=
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame=true
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

• 1 month later...

Hi, I also have interest having an Android main wheel here in my small 24 systems setup.

Can you tell me if we can emulate android via BStacks or other Android emulator like an ordinary emulator?

I mean, can we directly launch an Android game via Hyperspin directly?

If so, is it easy to setup?

Thanks!

It's the easiest system to setup ever mate!!! :) I use (Quickshortcut Maker) App off the playstore it's a free App. This will give you the (Game Name) or (launch short cut) for the database xml, and that's it :) Click on the (description/game name) you gave it, on the wheel and hey presto should load straight up :)

It's the easiest system to setup ever mate!!! :) I use (Quickshortcut Maker) App off the playstore it's a free App. This will give you the (Game Name) or (launch short cut) for the database xml, and that's it :) Click on the (description/game name) you gave it, on the wheel and hey presto should load straight up :)

You mean, doing this Quickshortcut Maker thing you'll be able to launch Android games straight from Hyperspin just like any other Emulator/Rom?

If so, it's just what I want to.

Just a side note, there's a great probability that I'll have to rely on offline games.

Download this example .xml Reznnate uploaded (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7810-sample-androidxml-for-hyperspin-android-launcher/) this will give you a template to edit for your own setup :) If you look though, the game name says something like (com.disney.ducktalesremastered_goo) this is the the shortcut to the pre installed (apk) on your Android device. You can find this with a file explorer under (Android/data) or (Android/obb) in the root menu. But I personally use (Quickshortcut Maker), once you edit the (game name) of any game in the (xml file) and then the description so you know which one it is on your wheel, when you click on that game on your wheel it should just start :) Here's a screen shot :)

post-66959-0-37637800-1452927582_thumb.png

Yeah mate leave it with me, and I'll do a tutorial :) I've never used bluestacks, I've got all the original console controllers and adapters (Genesis,SNES,NES,etc)for playing games on my Nexus 9, and I use the Nvidia TV controller when playing on the TV. I believe the Xbox 360 controllers are meant to work quite well, unsure about ps3 :/

Aorin - there may be some confusion here.   This entire forum is specific to running Hyperspin ON the Android OS.    I think Sting is referring to wheel setup for Android games ON Android.

Playing ANdroid games on Windows through an emulator like Bluestacks will be different but MIGHT share some similarities (rom launch names are likely the same)

• 11 months later...

Do you want Kodi as a single option on the main menu? That doesn't work

All main menu entries have to have a subwheel. Also if you just have kodi in the DB you will see Kodi in the games wheel like 10 times.

Look at my settings tutorial I think I used Kodi as an example. Has the setup there.

I didnt end up adding it as its easier with the shield just to back out unlike a PC

Here is what I had. Also theres an Android game xml in there

HS Kodi project.zip

Archived