Three Year Hobby Done!!!

jf866

After three years of building a cabinet in my spare time, it is finally done. I think I had a better time building it and messing around with Hyperspin than actually playing it.

Time to show it off and find out what you all think.

post-39352-142870612365_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612349_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612351_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612353_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612355_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612356_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612358_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612359_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612361_thumb.jpg

post-39352-142870612363_thumb.jpg

So you have every EMU configured and every game set to use whatever controls?

You have ZERO plans of adding any other EMU's?

You have no plans of updating EMU's?

No more syncing with Hypersync?

No more hardware additions?

post-10574-142870612632_thumb.jpg

Let me cut you in on a little secret of mine. I started my cabinet over 7 years ago. Guess who's not done -->ME<--

I would like to rewire the internals, very messy! I ran out of wire one day, and ended up using about 10 ft. of ground wire of a broken strand of Christmas lights.

My next project may be a mini cabinet. A friend gave me a 9" Toshiba laptop that was 'Broken', it just needed a new CPU fan. In order to get to the fan, the entire laptop had to be taken apart. Easy to take apart, impossible to put back together.

What is this word you speak of "Finished" I've not heard that before.

Nice job. Like the simple black look. Only 3 years you say? So spare time is something you don't get much of then? :D

Family, work, and home have to come first. I may not be entirely finished.....

So you have every EMU configured and every game set to use whatever controls?

You have ZERO plans of adding any other EMU's?

You have no plans of updating EMU's?

No more syncing with Hypersync?

No more hardware additions?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35785[/ATTACH]

Let me cut you in on a little secret of mine. I started my cabinet over 7 years ago. Guess who's not done -->ME<--

Okay, I am not entirely finished. I have an Aimtrack light gun stashed in the drawer. I have been thinking of adding a USB port to the side of the cabinet to plug it into instead of having to open the drawer and pull it out, or I would like to add some kind of holster to the cab.

Ultimarc's Servo Stick has caught my eye. I would like an easier way to change between 4-way and 8-way. I have the left joystick as 8-way and the right set as 4-way. But games like Karate Champ, two 4-ways are needed. Fighting games for two players would need two 8-ways....such a dilemma.

I don't intend to add other EMUs. I am keeping it to only MAME, Virtual Pinball, and TI99/4A. Believe it or not, I am not a 'Gamer'. I mostly like the arcade classics.

I don't intend to add other EMUs. I am keeping it to only MAME, Virtual Pinball, and TI99/4A. Believe it or not, I am not a 'Gamer'. I mostly like the arcade classics.

There's enough systems to add keeping it only to arcade systems ;)

TI99/4A was my first computer. Nostalgia.

Dunno if you know about the neutrix USB ports but if you don't they rock for cabs.

The servo sticks are great from what I hear.

I actually had one of these.

http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/stuurmn/bw1214.htm

Try emulating that one. :eviltongue:

It even had Speech Synthesis back then and pretty much had to do everything phonetically. Yes I made it swear a lot. Skip to 4 minutes in if the link doesn't work.

There's enough systems to add keeping it only to arcade systems ;)

There are so many great arcade systems. I keep starting to setup one and then find another one and have to start it and then find something else. Oh... yeah good idea just stick with the few you have and start playing on your cab. :sheep:

TI99/4A was my first computer. Nostalgia.

Dunno if you know about the neutrix USB ports but if you don't they rock for cabs.

The servo sticks are great from what I hear.

Funny, my first computer was TI99/4A too. Spend many nights writing programs in Extended Basic, saving the code to a cassette tape!

Thanks for the tip on the Neutrik USB ports, just what I was looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

Cab looks great! I just ordered a spinner for mine and I have a question. Which games take advantage of adding a flyweight to the spinner? I ordered the spinner without a flyweight because I mainly want to use it for arkanoid, but I can't think of any games which would need a long spin time on the spinner.... unless I am missing some point to the flyweight deal....

Cab looks great! I just ordered a spinner for mine and I have a question. Which games take advantage of adding a flyweight to the spinner? I ordered the spinner without a flyweight because I mainly want to use it for arkanoid, but I can't think of any games which would need a long spin time on the spinner.... unless I am missing some point to the flyweight deal....

I have two spinners on my cab, neither weighted... not really missing it either...

2 player Atari 2600 Warlords is awesome. My daughter and I play daily... :)

Archived