The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

Nice work, getting a more detailed idea on how my cab should become ;)

For what purpose are the yellow/blue/white buttons if i may ask ? (do i need to order more buttons ;) )

these buttons are for

power on/off 30" backglass lcd

volume +

ipac shift-key

"open coindoor" (to enter pinball service menu)

volume -

start/shutdown pc

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice cab

Me like others are getting inspired by people like you making your own

The only thing im a bit confused is about the relays, switches and buttons and putting those things together

Would be nice if someone could do an "easy" guide step by step with that one, which i think is the hardest part of the build of either a pin machine or arcade

these buttons are for

power on/off 30" backglass lcd

volume +

ipac shift-key

"open coindoor" (to enter pinball service menu)

volume -

start/shutdown pc

Uhm, power on/off backglass ??

I heard in the shop here that EU tv's are not allowed to switch on directly when you put power on them. I asume you have the same 'problem' with your backglass lcd ?

Just asking myself how to solve that, i guess it's low voltage and only needs a pulse to get 'on' either by remote or by the original power button. Can you give me some hints please ?

Uhm, power on/off backglass ??

I heard in the shop here that EU tv's are not allowed to switch on directly when you put power on them. I asume you have the same 'problem' with your backglass lcd ?

Just asking myself how to solve that, i guess it's low voltage and only needs a pulse to get 'on' either by remote or by the original power button. Can you give me some hints please ?

Its true that most TVs will not turn on when power is applied to them. I did not want to have to push multiple buttons to turn on my cab as I have everything wired back to the original power switch at the bottom of the cabinet (right side under the plunger area), so here is what I did...

Note: I do not take responsibility should something go wrong. This works for me, but I cannot guarantee that it will work for you. Your mileage may vary

• Since you are decasing the TV anyway, find the control board that has the buttons on it
  • on the solder part of the board, find the connections for the switch controlling power. Shorting across those connections should turn the TV on (try it with a small piece of wire. Leave the wire shorted there for a few seconds to see if the TV goes into an on/off/on/off/... cycle as I have seen a couple do this)
  • Solder 2 small wires to the connections (one to each)
  • Solder a rocker/flip switch to the wires (not a pushbutton!). Something like this: http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/photos/S75-0095W01.jpg
  • Flipping the switch to the on position and leaving it there should turn your TV on automatically when power is applied.

hey chris, got a new teaser video for us?

here are 2 preview vids of ATTACK FROM MARS. ledwiz outputs are not optimized yet, just a first test.

check out the balloon tips in the vids ;-)

==> during gameplay (

)

3 rgbw topper flasher, 8 force feedback solenoids/contactors for flippers, slingshots, bumpers and special effects, 1 pinball shaker, 1 original replay knocker, rgb button leds for the right button color... the 3 topper lights are mainly for pinball flasher. every pinball has flasher, so you can emulate each color and viewing angle. they are so bright that it reflect to the playfield glass and to the whole room. amazing effect.

you have to see this in real.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElS7v5Kq2zc&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElS7v5Kq2zc&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

==> inside pinmame menu to test the ledwiz outputs (

)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvIQfjlEkfU&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvIQfjlEkfU&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

there are many possibilites to optimize the ledwiz output or to generate awesome custom output. you have to look in the pinball manuals for solenoid, lamp and switch matrix.

P1070789%20%28Large%29.JPG

P1070790%20%28Large%29.JPG

It is really time consuming, but when it's done - it's mind blowing :D

When the software is released, we should open an "ledwiz output" thread to share our configs.

Archived