The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

I think 3 flasher are perfect.

with 3 flasher you can emulate each color and each viewing angle (left flasher/middle flasher/right flasher) plus rotation effects (beacon topper, blinky left/right flasher).

the cree leds are brighter than my strobe flasher, so I will go with the cree's for everything.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm really three? it will be crouded on my little backbox then...

Luckily i ordered 4 rgb leds from randy... only need one extra clear toplight

Is the software configurable that you will be able to tell it to use 2 instead?

the cree leds are brighter than my strobe flasher, so I will go with the cree's for everything.

Man! How bright are these suckers?!

I thought of mounting mine under the glass on the panel wall which hiding the rest of the DMD-monitor pointing the domes towards the player.

But maybe that would be like staring into the sun?

Bad if you go blind after playing pinball. :stoned:

(mama says that you go blind playing with your wee-wee)

Chris - I've been following this thread for a while and I must say that the end product is simply awesome - you've convinced me to try building my own.

My first purchase will be the various required monitors - however, the model you used is no longer available. I checked Sharp's current lineup and it looks like the LC-46LE620UT has similar dimensions, but is a bit thinner and lighter.

Do you see any potential issues with using this model instead?

Is the software configurable that you will be able to tell it to use 2 instead?

yes, no prob

Bad if you go blind after playing pinball. :stoned:

(mama says that you go blind playing with your wee-wee)

maybe, try it and report. I love your mama statement :D

Chris - I've been following this thread for a while and I must say that the end product is simply awesome - you've convinced me to try building my own.

My first purchase will be the various required monitors - however, the model you used is no longer available. I checked Sharp's current lineup and it looks like the LC-46LE620UT has similar dimensions, but is a bit thinner and lighter.

Do you see any potential issues with using this model instead?

thanks for your kind words! :) I think the new 46" sharp is also suitable.

------------------------------

here are some wiring pics... man man man :D

some diodes for the siemens

P1070701%20%28Medium%29.JPG

cree wiring party

P1070700%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Chris,

I am assuming those solenoids are for feedback against the cab?

I have mine working with a custom circuit, but would love to hook up the Replay/Free game solenoid. I believe I read somewhere that it works with this solution too?

yes, the siemens contactors are for force feedback.

I will install an original pinball replay knocker. I think we have to use an extra relay, because the replay knocker wants 24-50v and a lot of ampere (you can't wire the replay knocker directly to the ledwiz).

More coming soon!

I will to use a simple relay to replay knocker, It's better to use the original with ledwiz using a relay. I love the rgbw leds with the caps! I will to install it asap, but now I don't have more money... I think on Christmas it's a good moment to install it :D

lol, at first I wanted to install 7 siemens... but then I found 1 more siemens (reserve) and thought "put it in there" ;)

2 for flippers

2 for slingshots and special events (autoplunger)

back relays for bumpers and special events (you can choose left 3 bumpers, right 3 bumpers and so on, mm trolls, mm castle, afm ufo).

so every relay "clacks" at the right position (to hear and feel it right)

I know it's crazy, but I am a perfectionist :hmmmm::D

lol, at first I wanted to install 7 siemens... but then I found 1 more siemens (reserve) and thought "put it in there" ;)

2 for flippers

2 for slingshots and special events (autoplunger)

back relays for bumpers and special events (you can choose left 3 bumpers, right 3 bumpers and so on, mm trolls, mm castle, afm ufo).

so every relay "clacks" at the right position (to hear and feel it right)

I know it's crazy, but I am a perfectionist :hmmmm::D

That is cool.

Archived