The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris,

could you post a link to leds and sinks you are using for the flashers? It must be somewhere within your post, but I can't seem to find it. thanks.

cree leds

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-LEDs-Cree/CREE-MC-E-Series/CREE-MC-E-RGBW-on-Star-PCB-LT-1573_120_133.html

heatsinks, heatglue, mountingplates

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-Supply-c_106_0.html

resistors and cables

http://www.led-tech.de/en/Technic-und-Supply-c_29_0.html

I got the LEDs running last night (with the resistor settings I had posted). I did not leave them on for a long time (as I dont have the heatsinks yet, but they did not seem to get hot (warm, yes, but not hot). Maybe its because mine are the 3W not the 10W?

What resistor sizes did you use?

I got the LEDs running last night (with the resistor settings I had posted). I did not leave them on for a long time (as I dont have the heatsinks yet, but they did not seem to get hot (warm, yes, but not hot). Maybe its because mine are the 3W not the 10W?

I use 22ohm resistors (9watt capable) for 12V. I found some cheap 20ohm resistors (with alu heatsink) either... maybe I will give them a try too.

One more question... for now...

Which relays did you use (I am sure its somewhere on the thread, but I'm lasy. :)

Siemens 12vdc contactors

I use 22ohm resistors (9watt capable) for 12V. I found some cheap 20ohm resistors (with alu heatsink) either... maybe I will give them a try too.

Thanks. I am using between 3.9 & 6.8 ohm (depending on the color). All 2W

Siemens 12vdc contactors

Thanks. Definitely not cheap, are they?

Chris that may be true in EU, but in the USA, these contactors cost anywhere from $20-$50 used, and are difficult to find. I would gladly purchase them for $20 each if I could find them.

the siemens 12vdc contactors costs about 20-25 bucks NIB. on ebay you can get second hand contactors for a buck.

Chris that may be true in EU, but in the USA, these contactors cost anywhere from $20-$50 used, and are difficult to find. I would gladly purchase them for $20 each if I could find them.

This is probably because siemens is based in europe, use any generic square d or general electric contactor instead. I am planning to visit Home Depot to see if they have some cheap 12VDC contactors

are they as bright as the ones Chris is using?

This is probably because siemens is based in europe, use any generic square d or general electric contactor instead. I am planning to visit Home Depot to see if they have some cheap 12VDC contactors

I have 2 car starter solenoids in my cab for the flipper feedback. I may just need to pick up a few more for the rest. they were $10.

are they as bright as the ones Chris is using?

Hard to tell, but at 5-6v, I cannot look right at them. :)

I have 2 car starter solenoids in my cab for the flipper feedback. I may just need to pick up a few more for the rest. they were $10.

I would be (and others perhaps) interested in make/model numbers if you found these in the USA. I assume they are 12V, do they emulate the feedback nicely? What power supply did you use to hook them up?

I would be (and others perhaps) interested in make/model numbers if you found these in the USA. I assume they are 12V, do they emulate the feedback nicely? What power supply did you use to hook them up?

Will do. The ones I have knock against the side of the cab right under and in front of the flipper buttons. Works very well.

Using an old Laptop Power adapter and a custom board I built to control them.

I think it was on the ebay page...

3W High Power RGB Led 6 Pins 1pcs

Red:Luminous Intensity: 40-50LM

Forward voltage: 2.0-2.5v

Forward current: 400mA

Green:Luminous Intensity: 50-60LM

Forward voltage: 3.2-3.6v

Forward current: 350mA

Blue:Luminous Intensity:15-20LM

Forward voltage: 3.2-3.8v

Forward current: 350mA

Hi Chriz!

These RGB lights, do thay also show white light.

Or do you have to have 3 RGB and 1 white LED like

this one

Hi Chriz!

this one

yes, they have an extra ultrabright white diode (RGB-W). It's like a strobo. just amazing for stroboscope-effects like AFM strobe multiball.

playing Indy right now.

flasher rotations are awesome and the extra shaker on the right ramp (when you can hear the machine gun) gives so much extra fun to the gameplay.

I think i will try addams family for a short test (bookshelf greeeeed with activated shaker and the multicolored bumper caps)

Hi Chriz!

this one

I wonder if the ones I have will display white too... Will test tonight.

yes, they have an extra ultrabright white diode (RGB-W). It's like a strobo. just amazing for stroboscope-effects like AFM strobe multiball.

playing Indy right now.

flasher rotations are awesome and the extra shaker on the right ramp (when you can hear the machine gun) gives so much extra fun to the gameplay.

I think i will try addams family for a short test (bookshelf greeeeed with activated shaker and the multicolored bumper caps)

Post a video of the flasher rotation as I dont fully understand what you are doing there.

I wonder if the ones I have will display white too... Will test tonight.

Post a video of the flasher rotation as I dont fully understand what you are doing there.

you have to mix red, green and blue to generate white with a rgb-led. the cree leds have an extra fourth diode for ultrabright white. the mixing is better than rgb-white and the extra coldwhite diode gives that strobo kick.

with flasher rotation I mean the flashers on top of the backbox go mad :D

Archived