Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can also use a puck driver to drive the LED but you need a power supply still I've install CREE XR's in my Salt water fish tank. and you need heat sinks for those lights. Also DONT LOOK DIRECTLY into them you will go blind. I made that mistake i was seeing yellow specs in the air, for days.

One buck puck driver you can drive up to 6 LED's I havent seen the color changing ones you guys are using, so i dont know how the color changes

So you are saying you can buy a seperate power supply to power the leds? that would solve my issue so i can still buy the cree leds ... what do i need?

If i get this:

http://www.led-tech.de/en/LED-Controlling/Constant-Current-Power-Supply/Power-Supply-for-5-8x-3W-LEDs--230V--LT-1282_118_119.html?cross=1282

i could power two cree's with ease then run the 8 color wires to the led wiz

And these for the heat:

http://www.led-tech.de/en/Technic-und-Supply/Tools-and-Material/Heat-Conductive-Pad-6-squared-LT-671_29_40.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i bassicly i run a wire from the power supply to a terminal strip then connect all the power wires to the strip

connect the color wires from the leds to the led wiz

connect the heat pad to the bottom of the star

And here we go !

I don't know how the whole LED will work. because your driving power to the LED at different voltages for them to change color. This is what you need to drive high power LED's.

1. Heat sink for the lights.

2. thermal paste for the lights

3. Puck Driver.

4. Power supply.

I dont know how the LEDWiz changes the voltage to changes light color. Its probably best to hold off..

best to wait for chris his power schematics

i did have a chat with led-online.de and it's not as easy as i would thought it would be.

He warned me though because i am looking towards the backbox the cree lights maybe to strong.

But the rgb leds from ggg i am willing to try out if chris says it will work with the code

thats pretty cool chris just be careful

Shakin + LCD = ?????

hmmm, lets see what happens :D

I hope I can use it. I think the shaker feature is one of the coolest add-ons...

you can not only drive original pinball shaker tables (roadshow, tales crypt, earthshaker...)... you can also use your custom config (e.g. shaker on medieval madness castle, afm ufo hit and so on...)... more fun on every single table...

you can adjust the intensitiy of the shakermotor and the playfield lcd lays completely on foam, so it should be no problem...hopefully... (a big subwoofer generates also some shake :stupido2: ).

Chris, i was still wondering i know the rgb drives from ggg are only for button illumination.

But it works perfectly for my start and launch ball button right? they are really nice and bright.

Would the software support rgb leds from ggg for my top flashers? the light they emmit are perfect for my cabinet.

Chris, i was still wondering i know the rgb drives from ggg are only for button illumination.

But it works perfectly for my start and launch ball button right? they are really nice and bright.

Would the software support rgb leds from ggg for my top flashers? the light they emmit are perfect for my cabinet.

of course it will work. if it is bright enough for you to be happy, go for it.

--edit--

Never mind. :)

Wait... the GGG LED-Wiz will only work for the buttons, not the top flashers?

B

Archived