The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

installed the rgb-button lights (need a second transparent button)...

Really nice, but i am wondering, is there a functional use for 2 flipper buttons ? Are there many games that support that or is it possible to adapt a table for use with 2 buttons ?

And also, the shaker, is that a all-ready product or is it made out of different components (where do i buy those ?)

Thanks, Erwin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really nice, but i am wondering, is there a functional use for 2 flipper buttons ? Are there many games that support that or is it possible to adapt a table for use with 2 buttons ?

And also, the shaker, is that a all-ready product or is it made out of different components (where do i buy those ?)

Thanks, Erwin

2 flipper buttons and 2 extra buttons for magna-save/extra function, e.g. black knight, black knight 2000, grand lizzard, haunted house, jhonny menmonic, judge dredd, jungle lord, medusa, pharaoh, shadow, solarfire, starship troopers, strange science, world cup soccer...

shaker is made out of different components. It's a special design from a vibration motor company for testing purposes. If it works well, wolfsoft will order a bunch for the forums.

-----------------

first test with the replay knocker:

P1070717%20%28Medium%29.JPG

replay knocker simply knocks to the wood. alternatively, we can try a metal bracket.

it's underpowered with 12v at the moment... but it generates a loud and clear knock ;)

I will use a separate relay for the knocker, because the current is to high for the ledwiz.

wow ... so bassicly it's just falls to the bottom tick then goes back up?

how do you power them? and if so can you order them somewhere in europe? very cool !

I think the replay knocker alway's knocks up to the wood, in my cabinet it sits on the left top of the backbox. Will try to make a picture of it.

Normally they run on 50 Volts AC, so that could be a problem. Will try the one i have on a lower voltage, let you know the results ;)

Holy crap! Why do you need them resistors?

If you drive the cree's with 12v you need that big resistors. If you go with 5v, the resistors are only half the size.

I think the replay knocker alway's knocks up to the wood, in my cabinet it sits on the left top of the backbox. Will try to make a picture of it.

Normally they run on 50 Volts AC, so that could be a problem. Will try the one i have on a lower voltage, let you know the results ;)

thanks!

there are 2 types of coils available... 24v and 50v... I think replay knocker are 24v (AE-23-800 coil)?

Made some picture's of the Demolition Man from Williams

Knocker in the rest position

knocker1.jpg

Knocker in the 'knock' position

knocker2.jpg

I stand corrected, it knocks on metal :dontknow:

@ Njay: from the pinball database parts list you can lookup the coil + kicker rod, it's a steel bar with plastic top.

I have a complete playfield here with some large/small coils, if youre willing to 'knutsel' i can look for you what can be used ?

I would be interesting in the basic wiring diagram too!

I am gearing up for my first cab build, woohoo!

Chris, do you have a wiring diagram for the basic setup, monitors/computer/buttons, before any of the later 'modding' like flashers etc.?

Thanks!

what do you mean with basic wiring diagram? :dontknow:

you will find the basic specs like pc specs, monitor types and a buttonlist on the first page of this thread.

Made some picture's of the Demolition Man from Williams

Knocker in the rest position

knocker1.jpg

Knocker in the 'knock' position

knocker2.jpg

I stand corrected, it knocks on metal :dontknow:

@ Njay: from the pinball database parts list you can lookup the coil + kicker rod, it's a steel bar with plastic top.

I have a complete playfield here with some large/small coils, if youre willing to 'knutsel' i can look for you what can be used ?

Thanks for the offer my friend, i have looked up the replay knockers on the internet and a complete assembly is not that expensive.

I am just wondering how to drive it? maybe a extra psu that drives at 24v?

There is a lot to add on my cab but i need to make choices since my mini has oly limited space.

@Chris, nice work with the leds i could see that i would be over my top to install them... my RGB leds from GGG shiped yesterday will let you know the results.. thanks again for all your help

some updates today...

installed an illuminated power switch at the bottom, like the real deal. imo it's more arcade ;)

P1070747%20%28Medium%29.JPG

P1070758%20%28Medium%29.JPG

attached the shaker at the back. it's the same effect, no matter where it is mounted. 12v was too much action, I think I will drive it at 5v... you will get a smooth noticable vibration. If you want more power, add more voltage.

P1070753%20%28Medium%29.JPG

P1070754%20%28Medium%29.JPG

new place for ledwiz, relays and ipac

P1070749%20%28Medium%29.JPG

pc-board lays on foam (bottom + sideways), it's better for shaking :D

P1070750%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Archived