Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Honosuseri

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, rambo32 said:

Well deserved, I always look forward to your posts. Can’t wait so see what you do with Ransoms HDF files, you guys have put in a hell of a lot of work already, can’t wait to see the results 

I should probably do an update video with all the recent developments. In a nutshell though...

I will divide Amiga into ECS (A500) and AGA (A1200) wheels. Create the new statically named database xml files and check the media situation against that. Ransom does an insane collection of Amiga stuff including Demo disks. It might be cool to do a dedicated wheel for them, show the Magazine cover if possible as they won't have a box....we'll see what can be done. WHDload doesn't cover all Amiga games, so maybe a wheel for adf files could be done down the line too

Lubomyr has been pushing out more updates to Uae4arm (beta version) to fix some bugs and crashes. It's still not listed as officially compatible on Android TV devices. When he calms down pushing out updates I'll extract the apk and make the newer build available to you all.

He's been informed that the emulator is now working again on the STV. Hopefully he'll start listing it as compatible in the Play Store again soon, so we don't have to keep sideloading.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:14 PM, Kemppe said:

Hey Honosuseri

Do you have a UAE-config file that can launch hdf-files with Arc browser on the Nvidia shield?

Uae4arm crashes when I try to launch it with Arc browser, just want to see if there is any setting I can change to prevent it from crashing. I do have the beta version of Uae4arm.

I do have a complete set BUT it wouldn't really help, you would need an identical setup to me. i.e Kickstart roms, uae and hdf files in specific folders, all as I have them named as each uae file is referencing these files and their locations.

Create a uae file using the UAE4ARM's GUI and make sure the hdf game is loading and playing correctly from with in the emulator. It's VERY important that the uae file name you save has NO SPACES in it! This is the most common mistake people make and is most likely why Arc Browser can't load your games. The WHDLoad file names use underscores (_) in them instead of space, which will work if you use those in your uae file names. However Arc Browser might have trouble scraping from those names.

Hope that helps, if you're still struggling post back.

"Hahaha lol I just heard the 1st part of your YT clip. lol
FYI HDF progress, 2,810 done and about 900 to go. I am hoping to wrap it up by the end of the month. If not it wouldn't be too far from it.

Straight from the Horse's mouth! Ransom let me know exactly what stage he's at converting the Amiga WHDLoad collection. Looks like I'll be able to crack on with the PC side of things pretty soon :) Once that's done I can see what state Android emulation is in and turn my attention to that.

If you thought Ransom was being "lazy" or "slacking off". Do be aware both of us have been assisting Inolen, the developer of the Sega Dreamcast emulator called Redream. I pushed for launch intent to be implemented and tested it, as well as looking for bugs to be squished. So if you're enjoying using that emulator on your Shield TV with Hyperspin, we both had a little something to do with it. Rest assured Amiga is still a priority though ;)

Hey Honosuseri, thank you for your answer. Managed to load my hdf with arcbrowser now :)

Where do you find Ransoms hdf-files? I've found a huge torrent for raspberry pie on the arcadepunks website but the file is broken for me when trying go mount it (and I really don't need 128gb worth of files). World be nice to just select the games I want to play.

I could make the files myself but it would be a real time saver to download them if they already are done and I only have to create config-files for them.

2 hours ago, Kemppe said:

Hey Honosuseri, thank you for your answer. Managed to load my hdf with arcbrowser now :)

Where do you find Ransoms hdf-files? I've found a huge torrent for raspberry pie on the arcadepunks website but the file is broken for me when trying go mount it (and I really don't need 128gb worth of files). World be nice to just select the games I want to play.

I could make the files myself but it would be a real time saver to download them if they already are done and I only have to create config-files for them.

Glad to hear you're up and going now. FYI if you want to thank us that's what the little mushroom is for on the posts we make ;)

I can't answer that question, not being difficult it's forum rules stopping me. Funnily enough I said to Ransom ages ago that he should do a small base image and the games as separate "packs". He said 128GB cards are cheap and that was that lol

You're better off waiting for him to complete the new HDF collection now, that I mentioned in the previous post. I'm sure he'll do an image for the RPI, although he is working on an Android setup as well as he's an STV owner. He'll finish that before you start from scratch :)

• 2 weeks later...

Small update....

Message from Ransom, my friend down under in the early hours of the morning. Out of the 3,500 HDF files, he has just FIFTY of them left to make! He'll then do a file compare to the WHDLoad collection and make sure no games are missing from the collection. It should total around 10GB. He apologised for how long this has taken, as he got slightly side tracked with other things. Honestly it's an insane amount of work he's put into this project. For his own sanity it probably was wise to turn to other projects occasionally....they say a change is as good as a rest ;)

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the collection relatively soon. Creating the new Databases for AGA and ECS/OCS games, then moving on to check missing media that needs to be sorted out.

2 hours ago, gigapig said:

You've made me excited as well. :sword:

I'm always glad to hear people are still interested in the Amiga and this project.

Obviously I can't say too much about the "HDF game pack" because of forum rules. Although the last collection totaled ~8GB iirc and some of that was "fluff". Ransom is hardcore and included HDF conversions of CD32 and CDTV titles last time round, I expect he'll have done it again for "reasons". It doesn't make much sense for us to use these, as they lack the FMV and the audio. We already use the proper CD rips for those systems anyway and they're both in a pretty good state, as far as the database and media goes.

50 minutes ago, Gingerdilligaf said:

I'm also following this topic as Amiga is one of the 3 systems I have real problems emulating on a shield. I've kind of given up on Ms-dos & scummvm but still hoping to find an amiga solution

MS-DOS is an utter pig, I didn't bother with it in Hyperspin on the STV. I use Magic Dosbox and load it through Kodi's main menu, MDB can have box art and that's good enough for me. ScummVM I sussed out ages ago with Retroarch, the official ScummVM app doesn't work with frontends. Thatman84 didn't care about it but wrote up a guide on here once I told him how it's done. It's a bit fiddly to do but he wrote up a pretty comprehensive guide, the video I had done is now gone unfortunately.

Got a message from Ransom earlier this morning. The HDF collection is now complete, he was checking the games against WHDLoad as we spoke. He did hit me with a slight bombshell though, he has another 1,500 HDF files! 3,500 for WHDLoad, the rest are mostly official Amiga games that are not in the WHDLoad collection with some Homebrew titles thrown in. These extra official Amiga titles will definitely be missing artwork HOWEVER it's awesome to have more to add to the Amiga database. ADF versions of the games can be flaky at best, I have no doubt the HDF versions Ransom has done will work great!

SO...I have even more work to do now BUT the Amiga is finally getting the love it deserves, no matter which platform we choose to emulate it on :)

3 hours ago, ransom1122 said:

Wassup guys ;)

Saw the Doc today. He said I'm recovering well from what's essentially a life changing injury both physically and psychologically. I can return to work now in a limited capacity, typical we should get to a point where I can really crack on with this project when I now have less free time on my hands ?

I do now have the complete collection of HDF files. There are more titles added to the WHDLoad set, I'll deal with those first and then turn my attention to the "non WHDLoad generic game" set. 

55 minutes ago, ransom1122 said:

Correct.. There are a lot more folder 1 is your folder you've mainly been waiting for ;) all the rest are extra games.

I noticed very quickly Barbarian + was in there. A HD remake if you will of Death Sword/Barbarian which was awesome to see.

The way you have them named is "static", so still named as your last collection which is great! It's also very easy for me to divide them now as ECS, AGA and Demos rather than having everything stuffed into one wheel. Won't take long for me to do the databases, it's sorting and creating the media which will take the most time. Thanks again for the INSANE amount of work you've put into this collection for the Amiga community!

As far as msdos goes...its best to load them via conf files....basically the conf file has all the settings and what will be the c drive and what will be the d drive if applicable  for cd based games...they also need to be on internal drive as I had errors loading from my hdd....scummvm is a bit tricky and needs subfolders...basically  each subfolder will hold the game plus a .scummvm  txt file inside which is what u will use to launch the game...the xml must also reflect the subfolders (I have the notepad++ code to reflect the subfolders)....amiga u can use uae4arm or puae core in retroarch...myself and ransome have tested alot of games  and all seem to load good and puae has on board keyboard or u can use a bluetooth keyboard...keyboard  is also good on scummvm and msdos.....

On 10/11/2019 at 7:51 AM, sanchezmike01 said:

As far as msdos goes...its best to load them via conf files....basically the conf file has all the settings and what will be the c drive and what will be the d drive if applicable  for cd based games...they also need to be on internal drive as I had errors loading from my hdd....scummvm is a bit tricky and needs subfolders...basically  each subfolder will hold the game plus a .scummvm  txt file inside which is what u will use to launch the game...the xml must also reflect the subfolders (I have the notepad++ code to reflect the subfolders)....amiga u can use uae4arm or puae core in retroarch...myself and ransome have tested alot of games  and all seem to load good and puae has on board keyboard or u can use a bluetooth keyboard...keyboard  is also good on scummvm and msdos.....

Dude you really need to learn to format your posts, nobody likes reading walls of text (just a friendly bit of advice).

1. It's a shame you won't release the config files you made for MS-DOS for the community, if you have I've not seen them. It would help others, personally I'm not bothered about adding the wheel to my STV or I'd do it myself.

2. ScummVM is already written up as I've stated, including the knock on effect to the media folders you neglected to mention.

3. Puae core last I saw, was either set to be an A500 or A1200. You had to manually toggle between the two and restart. Ideally it would have cycle exact emulation so we could just set it and forget it as an A1200 but we couldn't. Games can play but be at the wrong speed, the uae file does NOT configure the type of Amiga it is like the UAE4ARM files do. It also doesn't do the CD based Amiga systems. I know you sunk time into it but you backed the wrong horse.

4. UAE4ARM is now in a better state BUT Amiberry is being ported and will frankly be a better option once done. It will allow spaces in the uae files which means those files will scrape better with other frontends like Arc Browser. I'll sort the Amiga for PC first and those assets will then be useful for Android. I'm not wasting time doing another batch of uae files for UAE4ARM when they won't be compatible with Amiberry.

Archived