The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

MAME 0.154 Now Available

twmac

You'll loose tags plus the dat file alone won't tell you if a game is working or not. Anyway main problem is that catlist isn't updated since 0.152 so any new games need to be tested in order to get the genres right, this means an update to the XML might take a while this time unless someone volunteers to help checking them.

I haven't tested as yet. Does anyone have a .154 xml file for hyperspin?
Took 10 posts this time, not bad :)

Bahahaha... I managed to not say a word this time. Pretty funny.

You'll loose tags plus the dat file alone won't tell you if a game is working or not. Anyway main problem is that catlist isn't updated since 0.152 so any new games need to be tested in order to get the genres right, this means an update to the XML might take a while this time unless someone volunteers to help checking them.

Make a list of what you want checked... Share it with idiots like me, Gig, Ron etc. :) Sure we can sit down and play some games.

Trying to compile mame 0.154 but cannot find no nag .154 diff anywhere? Help?

Greetings! You can always find the latest hi-score/no-nag diff at the arcadecontrols forum (see direct url below), MKChamp keeps it up to date with the official MAME releaes.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64298.0

----

Note! For those of you that wish to manually ''remove the "nag-screens"/loading screens/rom-warning startup screens etc by editing the src\emu\ui\ui.c source, follow these simple instructions below: (this is useful for other versions of MAME that are not compatible with the diff above, for example MAME-Plus etc:

*** STEP 1: EDIT (open with notepad): src\emu\ui\ui.c --->>

Add the red line under the green lines as shown below: (I don't include line number since that sometime changes with each MAME version, use the search function and search for this exact spot)

const int maxstate = 3;

int str = machine().options().seconds_to_run();

bool show_gameinfo = !machine().options().skip_gameinfo();

bool show_warnings = !machine().options().skip_gameinfo();

int state;

show_gameinfo = show_warnings = show_disclaimer = FALSE; // <--- this line removes error/warning screens

*** STEP 2: EDIT (open with notepad): src\emu\ui\ui.c --->> REMOVES WHITE BOX & LOADING SCREENS DURING ROM STARTUP...

In ui.c search for the red line below and delete all the 3 instances of the line

machine().video().frame_update();

Archived