Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

(Tutorial) How to Setup MUGEN in hyperspin

metalthrix

Hi guys, i noticed that there is no tutorial for making MUGEN works in hyperspin. There are some information there and there but this is the way i made it works Flawlesslly !!! Without any script or anything else i will explain to make it work and this without any bug when exiting game (because some of mugen game do not like the Esc key in hyperlaunch so this make the process error and you lose focus from hyperspin).

In HyperHq :

Set Execution to : HyperLaunch

Set Pc Game as : Enabled

For the executable create a dummy files that you will rename as MUGEN.exe and set this into the Executable path of HyperHQ. I do this because hyperlauch do not seems to like when there is no executable because in fact the executable will do nothing.

Set extension to : lnk

Now to make Mugen games work you have to have them in all separated folder in your rom folder with a shortcut to the good executable in this game folder, there is an example :

C:\Roms\Mugen\ <--Rom Path

C:\Roms\Mugen\Bleach Mugen\

C:\Roms\Mugen\Bleach Mugen.lnk <--This link has to be named as the same way as in the Hyperlist Xml + the lnk extension.

Please do not forget that windows hide the lnk extension.

In HyperLaunch :

;************************************MUGEN*************************************

else if (systemName = "MUGEN" && executable = "Mugen.exe")

{

hideDesktop()

Runwait, "%romPath%%romName%%romExtension%", UseErrorLevel

Process, waitClose, %romName%%romExtension%

}

Like i said this work very great for me but if there is any trouble or better way to do it just post it i want to know !!!

Hope this will help you guys !!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
if anybody want a tutorial on this subject i can do one quick and easy as i use mugen.....the above has no pictures or easy following....no dis respect to the post above....

I could use a easier guide! tried following this and failed no idea where i went wrong :S

• 1 year later...

when i go to hyperlaunch to test mugen with these settings, i hit test and a pop up comes up where i can only push ok. it points to 099 though to what appears to be the module code. the error reads... error: failed attempt to launch program or document; action ... my location of my pclaunch.exe. Params <>. Specifically : the system cannot find the file specified. 099: run, "%rompath%%gamepath%",%rompath%%romname%,,game_PID

Please help. This is worst then the daphne setup :-(

this is my settings.ini in the moduel folder

[DBZ MUGEN Edition 2011]

gamePath = C:\hyperspin\Emulators\Romfiles\Mugen\DBZ MUGEN Edition 2011\PCLauncher.exe

exithack = 0

in my mugen folder i have a folder named DBZ Mugen Edition 2011, a shortcut to dba mugen edition 2011 exe, and a dbz mugen edition 2011 .txt

within the dbz mugen edition 2011 folder, i have a exe dummy called pclauncher

[exe info]

path=C:\hyperspin\Emulators\Romfiles\Mugen\DBZ MUGEN Edition 2011\

rompath=C:\hyperspin\Emulators\Romfiles\Mugen\

userompath=true

exe=PCLauncher.exe

romextension=txt

parameters=

searchsubfolders=false

pcgame=true

winstate=MAXIMIZED

hyperlaunch=true

Per_Game_Modules=false

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So back at this again.. Upgraded to RocketLauncher and trouble again with this. Mugen game launches fine by itself but I can't get this set up with the new setup. Prior to this I was running it via lnk. Any tips for the step in detail? I've got the emulator path to mugen, ahk is green, game audit is red meaning it can't find the game so it won't run

• 3 months later...
I haven't had the chance to formally thank gigapig. You've definitely bailed me out plenty of times. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Much appreciated, I'm glad they helped. Thanks for the compliment. :cheers:

• 9 months later...

I like to thank you as well gig pig your tutorials are awesome! Thanks for all the work on these.

Just wondering is there a way a way to have the mugen games be audited in hlhq by chance. Kinda have some bad ocd over here.

I like to thank you as well gig pig your tutorials are awesome! Thanks for all the work on these.

Just wondering is there a way a way to have the mugen games be audited in hlhq by chance. Kinda have some bad ocd over here.

Thank you.

I'll try something out tomorrow and get back to you.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the video giga! Mugen is definitely the hardest setup I've encountered yet. Just want to add a few details for those wanting to be able to audit their games.

For the record, I am using HS 1.33 and RL 1.0.0.3

When you get to the part of setting up the ahk, even though you don't have to put in an extension for virtual emu's, still put it in: "exe". You can use the "lnk" files if you have em but you won't be using them, don't really need em. Just make sure your game exe's match the database. This will allow RL to audit the games. They won't run yet though. Next go to:

..\Rocket Launcher\Modules\MUGEN\

There will be a file named "MUGEN (example).ini"... rename it to "MUGEN.ini"

Inside this file will be paths to the game exe's... but they are all named wrong! Fix them according to your games and all will work!

You just need the correct filename, not whole path.

On a side note: exiting with the in game exit command is kind of a pain, and on at least 1 game I tested (Mortal Kombat Anthology), it still spat out an error when doing so!

• 9 months later...

This is what I am talking about.

My roms appear to be names exactly like the media.  It says rom not found, but there it is in my folder.

**UPDATE**

I realized I have to double click the system on the left each time for each system.  I can't just use the drop down box every time.

post-28595-0-44837300-1461553439_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am having an issue.  I've got this set up (using RL <most current> and HS 1.4 GR), works flawlessly, it'll launch everything perfectly and the games run exactly the way I want them to but when I hit exit (esc) it just locks the game and I end up having to click on exit game (manually) instead actually just heading back to hyperspin.  I don't want to set up a different key to exit in EVERY emulator in order to accomplish this, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived