Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

stuff erased/deleted from ftp

craiganderson

A lot of people are accidentally clicking and dragging folders into other directories and that's why this kind of crap keeps on happening. It's very frustrating and I've spent time in the past looking through folders for other people's folders and putting them back when I do find them.

No permissions system is a huge problem. Hoping there's some solutions on the way. By the way, I've never ever heard of an FTP server that does not support permissions before. Ever.

No permissions system is a huge problem. Hoping there's some solutions on the way. By the way, I've never ever heard of an FTP server that does not support permissions before. Ever.

Agreed.

There has to be at least some sort of protection system in place already on the current ftp so I can't see why it can't be tweaked a little further.

Try uploading something to the Gold Member downloads section of the ftp and the file is blocked from transferring.

I was waiting for it haha, but as a software engineer for a big bank I think I am just barely going to make it :P

I have my doubts. :D

No, something like that never existed even though it was mentioned just never got implemented.

That original suggestion of Gene was a good one. I believe this server does have read only permission capabilities. Thing is it would have to be done manually. Every persons folder would have to be created for their account name and only that. If they are part of a project then those folders would have to be left as a big old mess of crap. It is possible just very time consuming for one person. Given the right instructions and permissions I'd be able to assist with something like that if an Admin wanted that done and only if that is possible in the current software. I won't be doing a Rain and pretending to reinvent the wheel.

FileZilla search function? :)

Bahahahaha have you actually tried that? God it sucks. :)

Would have been nice to know. I was under the impression that the FTP was being backed up. Going to have to rethink things.

You don't have to worry Jumpstile. The minute you update stuff on the FTP I'm backing your stuff up usually twice. I use it so it is something I must have.

That original suggestion of Gene was a good one. I believe this server does have read only permission capabilities. Thing is it would have to be done manually. Every persons folder would have to be created for their account name and only that. If they are part of a project then those folders would have to be left as a big old mess of crap. It is possible just very time consuming for one person. Given the right instructions and permissions I'd be able to assist with something like that if an Admin wanted that done and only if that is possible in the current software. I won't be doing a Rain and pretending to reinvent the wheel.

Afaik server has red-only permissions, but not on a per user basis it's either read only for everyone or full control. That's how the minted stuff is read only. At least that's the conclusion we came up when djvj was setting up the project FTP.

Still don't know why Gene6 wouldn't work, I integrated it with quite a few complex user databases with success in the past. But anyway the FTP was supposed to be removed and replaced with something else remember? :)

Archived