The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

A sub forum with installation guides of each systems only?

Zeaede

One of the problems I had was the control set up....some were pulled from the tab button while in game...some had to be hunted down in the emulators themselves...not to mention trying to find a keyboard to joystick config that works with most systems (mame and older consoles) (and @#$!/# daphne) I have spent a couple evenings of trial and error just getting those working....as some emulators do not like certain buttons...I know we are not gameex and we give support for free....I just ask those that "get it" to be a bit more paitent with those who are still learning.

I agree...setup from A to Z is a good idea. However being free it is alot of work for some poor souls.

Something i would like to make thing easier, how about a sub forum with guides turtorials and step by step how to install each possible system om hyperspin that is allowed with video and pictures?

For me as kind of new i think it's to much information at once when im reading the forum

For example how im thinking, when you are reading the Main forum

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-HyperSpin-Main-Forum

There you have a couple of stickys, i would like each oneof this sticky on the new sub forum be sticky for setup guides for each system instead.

Say one Sticky is setup guid for Spectrum, the 2-4 first posts explains how to setup emulators video wheels etc

Just to make things easier

Sounds like a great idea to me!

My Sharp X1 Guide

http://craigandersonthemes.weebly.com/sharp-x1.html

My Sharp X68000 Guide

http://craigandersonthemes.weebly.com/sharp-x68000.html

A HyperSpin guide should probably be a link to the official database file, how to make the wheel in HyperHQ, where to get the artwork, and finally a link the HyperLaunch wiki on how to setup the system's emulators with HyperLaunch.

Exactly. You don't really need to create the wheel in HyperHQ if you are using HyperLaunch though.

Why is this so difficult? Just add a sticky and be done with it. There are a ton of guides lost all over these forums. Just add links to them. I would have never been able to setup the C64 and Amiga without the guides. I'm sure alot of people here feel the same way. Someone add a sticky and lets move on!

I think a forum would allow for better organization... Simple step by step guides that are kept up to date by their authors, grouped together so they are easy to find. Or just link to preexisting guides. Just have something that's organized! Having to search 2 or 3 different sites and thousands of forum posts to find some simple guidance is not necessary.

- J*

That would be kind of silly. For the most part the installation of 90%+ of the systems are exactly the same.

Issues i been having

How to run isos or how to set up mame/mess correctly or what tag should i use so hyperspin will recognize zip files or other files or should roms been unzipped or stay zipped?

There are well known turtorials over at youtube but also step by step with pictures would be nice with a small description for each pic

If 4-5 people or more covered this up decided what system each person would add guide to it wouldn't be to much work i hope

I have question for all newer members.

When you arrived at the forum and started looking for guidance "What did you do?"

I ask that question because in the main forum there is a sticky which has the title "How to set up HyperSpin "

Did you see that? Surely that is all you need? If you missed it how could it be more visible to you and others.

When you arrived at the forum and started looking for guidance "What did you do?"

I ask that question because in the main forum there is a sticky which has the title "How to set up HyperSpin "

Did you see that? Surely that is all you need? If you missed it how could it be more visible to you and others.

I have read it and it's a good start but it is easy to miss but that is more how to install hyperspin as a system and emulators?

That's why i would prefer a subforum with each system seperated with their own thread/sticky

I'm probably a low prime candidate here, as I've really got into emulation after being a straight MAME user for many a year. After seeing some fancy graphics on a youtube video - HyperSpin caught my eye.

My first port of call, of course, was to get MAME up and running... so I began reading all that I could to ensure I had the right files. My first sticking point (because I wanted to have the system correctly set up) was there was no definitive directory structure layout for folders and the likes - only the way they were set when you extracted files. It was here when I searched and searched and I came across Giga Guides.

Not blowing smoke up you mate, but you have made the installation process a whole lot easier to work with. The ability to watch someone with some common sense, take you through the steps to get things set up is huge. As monotonous as it is setting up Launch HQ, Global and wheel settings - you explain them all more than thoroughly at an easy pace.

Now, I say I'm a low prime candidate, as I don't think I'll ever go the full hog and make a dedicated cab - not until I get a bigger place to hide one anyways :) Though, I have built a USB button box and joystick so I can somewhat play along in my arcadey goodness and emulating on my PC. The PD open download has allowed me to expand on my systems, though I haven't been getting every game for every emulator - I've picked out a selection of games for a fair few units. Currently, at a slow speed, I've been digging out emulators required to run the games and stacking them away with a brief test to see the games in action. I've gone to try and set up a system or two and had a little issue here and there, so I have a bit to learn.

To be honest, before Giga changed the format on how his videos were displayed on his channel, I was even watching the videos not emulation related. Who knew that's how you laid carpet??

That's my 2 cents - definitely a fan for video instructions form others as well, if they too were interested in creating content for the community. Maybe there should even be a video question bank as well??

"When you arrived at the forum and started looking for guidance "What did you do?""

I got very angry! No, really - I did!

I installed Hyperspin. That was easy. But than there was Hyperlaunch and Git. Took me forever to find guides on how to set that up. And they are very wordy as well. You really have to sit there with a glass of whisky and read all that wording. Apparently they were in a totally different section of the site. Then every time I need to setup a new emulator, I have to google it and do a search on this site. Some emulators are easy, others like the Commodore Amiga, Sega CD, Tyto Type X, PopCap and CD32 are not so straight forward.

There are a ton of excellent guides in these forums but good luck finding them.

When I'm really stuck I send people messages asking for help. I've asked Gigappig for help with Type X and the Amiga. I asked someone else for help with the Atari 800 emulator and so on.

I've also helped quite a few people who messaged me with questions as well. It's a good thing we have some very good and helping members.

There's a Sticky already that tells you which emulators you can use for each system. What's the issue with adding a guide to those specific emulators on that same sticky?

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?21065-What-Emulators-are-for-what-Systems-(List)

I'm going to chime in here and say that the GIT tutorial is the best tutorial I've ever seen. Sorry. I walked through that thing having no idea what GIT was or did, only knowing that I was supposed to be using it, and achieved flawless victory the first time around. There aren't as many guides as you think, at least, not as many with Rfancella's quality. I call them "zero to hero" guides. Most people write while making presumptions about the audience, in this case, they write presuming the audience knows more than it does. For a good guide, people need to assume the audience knows zero. So either you get a team of techhies and writers together, or people can expect to have to get their information from multiple sources. (Of they can wait until Rfancella or GigaVids covers the topic.)

No not dead, neither is punk.

I did speak with The Great Admin and from behind his purple curtain he said "Behold the "How to set up Hyperspin thread" so I said "where the %&"@ is that, I can't find it?"

He replied with "You F@@£ing noob, follow the rainbow road", so I did.

So at least for the moment, I think having a thread in the main forum called "How to set up HyperSpin" should be enough, and with Ghutch and you fine folk filling it with quality links and whatnots, you can now point people there.

If you feel the title needs filling out to give more of a clue, then that can be done.

It should be clear enough, but I know men get lost, don't ask for directions and never read the instruction manual. To counter many years of male evolution, Baddie is constructing a magic hammer to whack blind wankers on the helmet.

Any suggestions are welcome, and we will see how it goes ;)

I did speak with The Great Admin and from behind his purple curtain he said "Behold the "How to set up Hyperspin thread" so I said "where the %&"@ is that, I can't find it?"

He replied with "You F@@£ing noob, follow the rainbow road", so I did.

So at least for the moment, I think having a thread in the main forum called "How to set up HyperSpin" should be enough, and with Ghutch and you fine folk filling it with quality links and whatnots, you can now point people there.

If you feel the title needs filling out to give more of a clue, then that can be done.

It should be clear enough, but I know men get lost, don't ask for directions and never read the instruction manual. To counter many years of male evolution, Baddie is constructing a magic hammer to whack blind wankers on the helmet.

Any suggestions are welcome, and we will see how it goes ;)

LOL...

Hey, is that a "Kansas" crack?? ;)

Thanks,

Ron

Punks not dead?! Since when?

I've been setting up my cabinet for about 1 1/2 years now (had to take 6 months off to "reboot") and have picked up a few things that will make setting this stuff up a little easier.

1. Do not use the search bar in the forum, it sucks. Instead use this in google: site:hyperspin-fe.com, "search topic" (with or without quotes)

It will only search what you're looking for on the forum site. It took me awhile to use this, and it's been invaluable.

2. Giga Guides are quite lovely. If you're having problems with certain emulators or a number of other related arcade topics, check them out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJr4U6RCQ8o2bJj2wR1gGwA/videos

3. Keep on keepin' on. If you're stuck, ask for help. You may not get it right away, but you'll get it eventually. Don't get stuck on something for so long that you no longer want to do it.

Archived