Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSync Technical Support

Rain

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to detract from the other forum members question above, but if download the current HL xml for let's say mame (while having mame version 0.136) will this mess things up? I'm fairly new to this so just being cautious. Thanks.

i would think there might be small issues if the rom names have changed since mame version 0.136 (not sure how this would affect hypersync)

for the roms that have had a name change they just wouldnt launch or have the video, themes and artwork show in hyperspin etc. can anyone else confirm this?

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here and tried searching the forums for a fix to my problem, but couldn't find anything.

I have the latest Hypersync downloaded and running.

I have a ton of ROM's but the names aren't exactly the same as the .xml file in the database folder. So, I created a directory and renamed one of my ROMS and was able to get it to work! So my first question is, will Hypersync be able to recognize all of my ROM's and correct the mapping? It seems like it's going to be 20-40hrs of work to get everything mapped correctly and I was hoping this was one of the benefits to buying HyperSync.

The other issue - which is driving my crazy - is that it won't let me log into emumovies. I can log into emumovies.com without any problems through my web browser but for some reason I can't log in through Hypersync. I have no issues logging into hyperspin though.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

swestman

Oh, one other thing that I noticed - Hypersync was advertised as a way to get the video's and artwork easily, but I now realize that I need to give money to emumovies too?! I feel a bit cheated here - I just donated 45 bucks for a cause that doesn't work and now it seems like it's linked to another site that also needs money - what gives?

I have answered the question as to why users cannot login to EmuMovies countless times, please see this thread. As for mapping your files? I am assuming you mean rename? No, HyperSync does not change any of the file names at all; as there is no reason too. I have never had to spend 40 hours renaming ROM files, I would suggest that you download & learn how to use CLRMAMEPRO. HyperSync, just like HyperSpin takes time to setup; there is no one click solution to everything, it takes time & patience to get something just the way you want it. Sorry that you feel "cheated", I will pass that information on to Circo as well. You did not "buy" a copy of HyperSync, you donated to become a Platinum member here on the forums; I will see about getting you a refund. If you visit the official thread you will find almost all of the answers you could ever want about the operation and configuration of HyperSync. :: SMH ::

:: SMH ::
Shaking my head? I'm an older guy, not too hip on the slang but did I offend you? I was speaking matter of fact, not trying to offend. I really did use the search and didn't find a solution that worked for me. I had .NET installed.

Actually I donated because the post you refer to said it was necessary in order to use it. I don't care about 'platinum' forum status, so if what your saying is correct then please refund my money and if it means that the side effect is not using Hypersync, that's cool with me too. And if not, that's fine too - I'll take it or leave it.

I had a separate issue with the laptop I was on, but thanks for pointing out the link you made. I resolved the issue, it was on my end so sorry for wasting your time.

Good News Everyone!

professor-farnsworth1.png

I think that I have found the glitch that causes a sync to stop midway through, I am testing and will upload a patched version as soon as I confirm that it is what I think it is! Keeping my fingers crossed over here!

Status Update:

I was able to isolate the source of the error and am currently working on a fix within HyperSync. I should have this patch ready tomorrow, plus I am adding in a few creature comforts as well. Thanks for your patience guys.

Raine - that is great news - will you be able to put in some error logic as well, even a simple message that pops up and says, SET SUCCESSFULLY SYNCED would help a great deal!

Thanks again for looking into this!

Well, the glitch as mentioned above is currently being repaired today; so a new build should be available shortly. I am adding in a few new features such as an option that will automatically get new databases (if you so choose), notify you when a sync is completed, plus a synchronization icon in the taskbar. Just gotta do a few more tests. :)

Become Platinum Today!

I just installed Hypersync today, and I had no problems logging in or anything like that, however when I click sync, it checks every system and subsequent media folders (as shown in the Current Activity) , but has yet to download anything. Is my setup that awesomely up to date (doubtful), or am I missing something?

Does downloading the newest database effect the sync process? Almost all my wheels have a ton of stuff I've manually added, and I'm not about to redo all that work haha.

I've tried toggling every option I can. Can anyone shed some light for me?

Edit: Oh, and I'm using the latest version that just came out. Will try installing and testing with other versions.

I just installed Hypersync today, and I had no problems logging in or anything like that, however when I click sync, it checks every system and subsequent media folders (as shown in the Current Activity) , but has yet to download anything. Is my setup that awesomely up to date (doubtful), or am I missing something?

Does downloading the newest database effect the sync process? Almost all my wheels have a ton of stuff I've manually added, and I'm not about to redo all that work haha.

I've tried toggling every option I can. Can anyone shed some light for me?

Edit: Oh, and I'm using the latest version that just came out. Will try installing and testing with other versions.

When was the last time you synced? And yes, it is that possible to be that "up to date"; let's say you sync tonight and then sync tomorrow, odds are your gonna already be up to date. Another thing you want to check is that you have selected for each system what type of media you wish to sync. If you still feel that there is something wrong I would be happy to check out your system using our new web based remote desktop help system; and would love to schedule an appointment with you. Just let me know.

-Rain

Become Platinum Today!

I've got still one issue with HyperSync. I'm using HyperSync 2.1.0.6.

When I download Box Arts or Carts for the systems. The rom title names with special character & will be skipped. So than I have to download them manualy.

Is there something (maybe a setting) that I missed.

Regards,

Richard

I'm a complete noob, so if this is obvious I'm sorry. I just installed Hyperspin and Hypersync yesterday. Hypersync seems to be almost unresponsive. I added my user name/pass in the INI file, updated my .NET 40 install, just in case, but nothing seems to make it work. Any ideas??

I'm entering it in the INI file because it's too unresponsive to enter the accounts tab. My machine isn't new, but it's a 2.2GHz quad core running Windows 7 64bit. Hypersync usually greys out, or has the "wait" icon displayed for the mouse cursor and clicking on anything just does nothing.

Archived