Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSync Technical Support

Rain

I am having an issue with HyperSync 3 not syncing. I recently moved to a new pc Win7 64bit, i was running hypersync 2 and just installed 3. BTW neither work. I was able to enter my username and password, heard the chime when hitting login. I setup a job for MAME only, when i hit sync it doesn't seem to do anything and doesn't log anything in the status window. .NET 4 is installed.

exactly same problem here. W7-64 with net4 and no sync or error at all with base systems.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was suggested to me to reinstall .net 4 and that didn't make any difference. Everyone i have talked to says this is more than likely a licensing issue and requires the Hyperspin team to reset something on their end.

exactly same problem here. W7-64 with net4 and no sync or error at all with base systems.

I try again but with other system than mame and its works. NES, zinc, etc... download fine.

I don't understand why mame don't. It is my best supported and config system.

Standard mame folders name. 148u2 with romlister XML database. All games listed on XML works fine inside hyperspin.

I continue testing.

Enviado vía Tapatalk

I feel a bit of idiot posting this as I should have known better but if it helps others then I'm happy. Up until yesterday I've been unable to use the latest version of Hypersync as the only thing that appeared to sync were the pointers. I tried everything to sort this out including re-installing .net 4 but nothing worked. I WRONGLY assumed that because I didn't require video downloads I didn't need to enter a emumovies username and password. This is incorrect, even if you are a non paying member of emumovies, still enter your username and password into Hypersync and everything will work perfectly! Oooops!

I feel a bit of idiot posting this as I should have known better but if it helps others then I'm happy. Up until yesterday I've been unable to use the latest version of Hypersync as the only thing that appeared to sync were the pointers. I tried everything to sort this out including re-installing .net 4 but nothing worked. I WRONGLY assumed that because I didn't require video downloads I didn't need to enter a emumovies username and password. This is incorrect, even if you are a non paying member of emumovies, still enter your username and password into Hypersync and everything will work perfectly! Oooops!

This fixed my issue as well. Even if you do not have an emumovies.com account you cannot leave the username as null, I just entered my hyperspin account username/password. After you hit login from the home screen, you should hear two chimes indicating that both accounts are authenticated.

I am having an issue getting HyperSync 3 (v3.0.0.4 I believe?) to download ANYTHING for Super Nintendo or Atari 2600. Everything else downloads fine. I have a platinum membership here and a lifetime membership at emumovies. I hear both beeps when I launch HyperSync. The proper .NET 4 installation has been done.

I have made individual jobs for each system in HyperSync. Only SNES and Atari 2600 fail to sync anything. I get no letters, wheel images, carts, videos, etc... It doesn't even appear to be trying as it flickers from saying idle for a split second. Even if I try to sync a system I have all the art for it takes longer than that before it goes back to idle.

I am not telling it to sync only for roms I have (I want everything) and irregardless of that I know my roms are correct since I had no issues with the same romsets in HyperSync 2.0/HS 1.2 and the roms load/play fine thru HyperSpin.

Any suggestions?

P.S.: If it helps, this is a clean install of Win7Ult. x64 SP1. I have made sure to run HyperSync as administrator, root folder is C:\HyperSpin and all users have full control/write access to that location and all sub directories and files. To eliminate the computer/windows itself I pushed forward and upgraded and older HyperSpin 1.2 setup on another system to 1.3 and could again sync all media except for Atari 2600 and SNES.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just noticed tonight that the latest hypersync public has "database update utility" - with all the activity in the databases as of late am I missing something? It's a gray selection on my screen and I noticed it wasn't something I could queue in the job builder. Is it's functionality missing from the latest or am I just missing the obvious in front of me?

Hi new platinum member here, up until yesterday I was able to use the hypersync app with my free account, but now when I try to access the job editor I get an unhandled exception error.

Is this because Hypersync is still down or is it an error at my end?

I have paid up and become platinum now (was going to anyway, as this site has been a great help in getting ready for my cabinet installation) but still am getting the error.

Here's the error report just in case anyone wants to see it, I am using Win 8 64bit, so already have .Net stuff installed

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Exception: Error reading JArray from JsonReader.

at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Load(JsonReader reader)

at HyperSync_Mongoose.Forms.Slaves.JobDesigner.c37002 833431689c69531e150ac2975c2()

at HyperSync_Mongoose.Forms.Slaves.JobDesigner.c79ec2 a12e0051e19ccff15baee981873(Object cedb86737f3ede5325e7e3e110798049f, EventArgs c0cf0b3b8bea2af6867e0a2a27339963c)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18033 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

HyperSync Mongoose

Assembly Version: 3.0.0.8

Win32 Version: 3.0.0.8

CodeBase: file:///C:/Hyperspin/HyperSync%20Mongoose.exe

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

ResourceAssembly

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18037 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Download Service API

ProgressODoom

Assembly Version: 1.0.4725.657

ControlLibrary

Controls

AutomaticUpdater

Assembly Version: 2.6.16.0

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Web

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

Newtonsoft.Json

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thank you to anyone who helps

I have the same error as NikeyMikey.

An unhandled exception.. stack trace is same.

Win 8, Dual monitor

I just installed a few minutes ago, for the 1st time.

Login is ok. When i try to open job editor it throws an exception.

PS: When i:

- click 'Continue'

- new job

- enter 'job title' and click ok

it also throws an exception.

Just staring out with hyper-spin - thought I'd go ahead and donate - but getting Unhandled exception issue - tried update to net framework 4.0 and complete remove and reinstall and still get same error. Any ideas??? My other question - even though not related to this 'thread' is where do I get ftp login info - I'm platinum member..

Just staring out with hyper-spin - thought I'd go ahead and donate - but getting Unhandled exception issue - tried update to net framework 4.0 and complete remove and reinstall and still get same error. Any ideas??? My other question - even though not related to this 'thread' is where do I get ftp login info - I'm platinum member..

Hypersync is down...

As far as ftplogin that would be BBB or rain, send them a quick message

• 1 month later...

Help! HyperSync isn't actually downloading anything!

I followed all the other instructions I could find, setting up the Super Nintendo directory to be recognized, with everything set to default. I choose to sync all for the SNES from the main menu, and the program shows that it runs through each directory looking for missing art, but then never downloads anything when the sync is complete. The Hyperspin directory is set up correctly, .net framework installed okay, HyperSync recognizes the SNES directory and lets me choose to sync it. Not sure what else to do :( Sort of bummed out after spending the $40, but I understand this is a constant WIP :)

Thanks!

You have slow Internet? I see you have been getting a lot of these:

RunSync_DoWork.GameWheels() Details: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollectionData) which usually happens when the Internet is mildly slow. I will find a way to send the data to your machine in a way faster to compensate for your Internet connection. There has never been an error I could not fix, HyperSync does not have any errors at all; all the errors with HyperSync are user errors, in this case it is your ISP and their Internet whom is to blame, but I will work away around it for you bro. Stay tuned.

Rain, you are the shiznit! Yeah, my internet sucks butt. I moved out to the country and have to deal with this crappy satellite internet :-/ The download is okay, but upload is horrid, and I have some pretty major ping and packet loss to go with it. If you can work some magic for poor folk like myself who are living in the stone ages, that would be awesome.

Hey i am having an issue when i try and start Hypersync.

I downlaoded the newest version and ran the update, now i get Bootstrapper 1.0.0.0.0

Status Verifying Windows Media Player Version..

Thats all sat like this forever no matter how many reboots.

Windows Xp 64 Fully updated

.Framenet 4 is installed any ideas many thanks

Hey Rain, I think you did some work on the issue with slow connections last night (?). I was able to sync my cart art and wheel art for the SNES, but now it's back to not actually downloading anything anymore like before (specifically, box art). Thanks for your continued help with working to support us users with less than fantastic internet connections.

I will have to patch this in the next release (scheduled for 8/14/2013) to resolve the issue. I am building into HyperSync an Internet speed tester verification utility that will automatically set all of the internal variables around a users Internet connection speed. Considering there are about 18 variables to change dynamically and 4 timers/watches to adjust I think it would be better, because if I change these variables for users with Fast Internet than HyperSync will be slow, vise versa. So to accommodate the broad user group I think a built in verification test sounds like the more stable and best option all the way around.

Archived