Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperLaunch 2 Coming Back? WTF?

newoski

Agreed. Also, think about it. Since Rocket Launcher is an external launcher, Hyperspin would not have any control. Reverting back to 2 let's HS move forward without relying on an external program to function. This is not only easier for new users to setup, but could lead to interesting developments in the future.

Since you can still use Rocket Launcher externally, you don't have to switch!

I can understand the Question very good, because some of us asking now if HL2 does have the same features like RL now (like Fade, Bezel, HyperPause and so on)... this info would help a lot for most of us newer guys up here.... and that is my big question mark too

HL2 has been reinstated for some months now and may have been originally removed by DJVJ to stop people asking for the old, at the time "Unsupported" modules.

There are still a lot of people still using the old modules, so at least they can now access them again.

For everyone else or new users there is a sticky which explains how to set up the newer version.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?39804-HyperSpin-1-3-3-0-New-user-guide

HL2 has been reinstated for some months now and may have been originally removed by DJVJ to stop people asking for the old, at the time "Unsupported" modules.

There are still a lot of people still using the old modules, so at least they can now access them again.

For everyone else or new users there is a sticky which explains how to set up the newer version.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?39804-HyperSpin-1-3-3-0-New-user-guide

Okay, quick question for you Giga.... I know we've been chatting on this for a while now about the new Rocketlauncher - does HL2 have a module that supports Pinball FX2? Will I be able to use that emu with this or am I going to have to go to Rocketlauncher for that?

If I'm going to make the themes, I might as well be able to use them. :) Right now I'm using Nukelauncher and it works well enough to get me into the system but I'd like to be able to launch individual games from themes.

Gig, or anyone in the know, was there an attempt to have the two "camps" combine work rather than working separately?

As you know they did always work together, that's why we had RL for so long linked to this site. There was some form of disagreement from one side or another and then they decided to part completely, and this was after the HyperLaunch (RocketLauncher) site had already started.

After the split the admins decided they had to offer a Launcher and so added the older version back in. A lot of the older members will know that the old HL2 modules were always around, but someone decided to remove them so as not to conflict with RL.

I'm still using RL and will continue to do so, that's what I know and I haven't much time to look at other things, although I may need to understand the older modules. Please carry on as normal.

Be assured that new things are being worked on, but I know nothing.

Okay, quick question for you Giga.... I know we've been chatting on this for a while now about the new Rocketlauncher - does HL2 have a module that supports Pinball FX2? Will I be able to use that emu with this or am I going to have to go to Rocketlauncher for that?

If I'm going to make the themes, I might as well be able to use them. :) Right now I'm using Nukelauncher and it works well enough to get me into the system but I'd like to be able to launch individual games from themes.

No HL2 does not have a module which works in the same way that the Pinball FX for RL works, and I doubt anyone would make one, although it must be possible.

I suppose it's possible to have each theme at least start the game, but that wouldn't get you straight into the individual table.

Do you have a separate PC where you can set up HyperSpin and Rocketlauncher and play around with it?

Anyway, best not derail another thread.

As you know they did always work together, that's why we had RL for so long linked to this site. There was some form of disagreement from one side or another and then they decided to part completely, and this was after the HyperLaunch (RocketLauncher) site had already started.

After the split the admins decided they had to offer a Launcher and so added the older version back in. A lot of the older members will know that the old HL2 modules were always around, but someone decided to remove them so as not to conflict with RL.

I'm still using RL and will continue to do so, that's what I know and I haven't much time to look at other things, although I may need to understand the older modules. Please carry on as normal.

Be assured that new things are being worked on, but I know nothing.

Thank you for the clarification. I was trying to find a way to word it to not offend anyone. I will keep my concerns to myself. That other thread got a little heated, and i try to stay away from that sort of thing. I also didn't offer help because I can't devote a lot of time to anything, and I know they don't like that. Unless they want an unreliable member (time-wise), then I'm their man!

I just had another thought that may be my mind wondering but.... A good reason to have your own supported launcher available is if new features or updates are included, they may not be supported by an external launcher.

No HL2 does not have a module which works in the same way that the Pinball FX for RL works, and I doubt anyone would make one, although it must be possible.

I suppose it's possible to have each theme at least start the game, but that wouldn't get you straight into the individual table.

Do you have a separate PC where you can set up HyperSpin and Rocketlauncher and play around with it?

Anyway, best not derail another thread.

Okay that's fine. Just trying to figure out if I should go to Rocketlauncher or not. Thanks!

^ agree. this battle of "e-penises" around VP and Arcade should end.

Choices are good, changes are great. But you need to voice or at least communicate better to your community. How it was voiced and the way the responses went, were "like a regiment Nazi". Take it, and STFU. In my opinion if you compare how the "announcement" was made/handle in both ends, clearly there is a difference. But, what do you know? It's only a 1 man perspective (mine) without bias. I like all solutions, they equals in pro and cons. Don't have a preference, I use what I can handle, understand or like.

RL or RL or whatever you like to call it, at this moment is the go-to solution. There even are other launchers, but we are here for a reason, and that is because we use these tools.

Like I said, this sound like a divorce, and it was. Like vp and vpuniverse. At the end some may say the affected are the community like children's in a bad divorce. Let this NOT happen.

Long live Arcades! :beer:

Note: ALL my comments are always my opinions and my point of view, this Don't make that I'm correct, just a point of view. No offense to anybody, so please no flame/hate ok, thanks! :D peace and love

:call2: care line lol

In my opinion it seems the rocket launcher boys are just taking their talents elsewhere, possibly a little upset that the front end has only advanced with extra features from them.

Now they get all the love of other FE's that are continually trying to upgrade. Only time will tell as to who will be the main FE in the future.

There is no hard feelings with the rocketlauncher team and its a wonderful upgrade. The regular HyperLaunch 2 is simpler and supported on the forums. Besides the fact that RocketLauncher is a 3rd party add-on now not much has changed

Including HL2 seems like a stopgap measure on the way to adding more robust launching from HyperSpin itself. BBB could add features like fade and 7z extraction as stuff you could enable in HyperHQ. And if he added more control over formatting the command line, you could directly launch into emulators like Demul and Dolphin, which need parameters before "path\to\ISO". I'm just speculating though.

• 4 weeks later...

Does RL work with the current 1.4 beta? how would I switch between that and HL2?

RL does work with the current beta and my belief is it will continue that way in the future.

If you have RL already setup (as myself and many others do) I would stick to that and not switch to RL. At the moment RL/RL has many more features than HL2.

HL2 is really only for people starting with hyperspin from scratch so they have an out of the box emu launcher.

Absolutely nothing has changed to affect that. Even if in the future BBB changes the way HyperSpin works it would just take a change to the HS plugin from the RL guys.

Thanks looks like the issue I was having was HS requiring the full path to RL.exe since it was in a folder.  Probably a bug.

No don't think it has to do anything with that, it is included because you can't really offer a program that requires a component(launcher) to properly work and say "hey, go use these other peoples launcher, we aren't going to offer you a way for our program to completely work".

It is simply now included so that someone can fully run HS with solutions from the creator of HS. If you were to ask BBB I am sure he himself would even recommend RL over HL.

I was just speculating that the built in launcher (HyperLaunch disabled) would be updated so that you could launch into any emulator without need of any third party launcher. You'd only need to install one if you wanted extra features. The current built in one doesn't let you format the command line in a way that works with Dolphin or Demul though.

Isn't HL2 a downgrade from Hi per launch 3 ?  The fact i have to get around censoring of the word for the program that is most commonly used for launching hyper spinning stuff is just weird.  Why can't we call it what it is?  When the program starts, that's what it's called on my screen.  When you go to the Rlauncher forums everything is Hi per launch this, hi per launch that.  Is it just too soon to expect one that actually calls itself rocketlauncher?  If so, then I guess we just have to be patient during the separation phase huh? 

Archived