Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Optimus-Pin P2k Build (39/24/22)

viriiguy

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mameman!

You should get hopping and get yours finished!

Some days... No most days.. I really hate Windows 7. After running the updates for the OS, It would no longer shutdown. So rather than investigate as to why, I spent an hour doing a fresh load. That solved most of the issues, but I still have on major, nagging issue so far. Future Pinball will not take up the entire screen. I have arcade render on, I have it set to my resolution... But it refuses to cover the entire screen. It would not cover the taskbar.

So I moved the taskbar to the DMD screen... Still the same results. Grrrrr!!!

Well.. I'm an idiot. I clicked ArcadeRender, but never clicked Full Screen. Hence all my issues. So after 5 OS installs... I still had the same problem, then finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

So, back on Windows 7 64 bit, and working out some bugs. Then I will start working on hooking up the Feedback gear.

I am in the process of doing some of the wiring. Mostly, I re-did the head of the cabinet and installed/hooked up the sub, speakers and amp.

I have to say.. considering I have less than I think $200 in the whole audio setup... It friggin rocks! I just plugged my iphone into it and played some LMFAO.. The 7 foot tall 4 foot wide windows in my 700 square foot vaulted ceiling livingroom were shaking! This is going to be AWESOME with some pinball sounds running thru it! I will post more pictures later. The inside of the cabinet is currently a MESS, but the head is looking good. Now to go rewire my Play Field TV to always be on.

And the hits just keep on rolling. My DMD screen is now broken. It developed a is god green line, about 1/5th of the way in from the right. I will mess with it tomorrow, but I suspect at least for a while I will just make the DMD a bit smaller and cover it with tape. I can't exactly RMA it after removing it from the case and all.

Not a clue. I was playing a game and it just appeared. I also have to figure out a solution to my PF glass. With the head properly mounted, it is about half an inch too long. I think if I cut the forward lip off the underside of my lock bar it will be ok.

Update on the LCD, I was just going thru my receipts, it looks like that is an old monitor I had. Not one of the ones I just bought. So not such a big deal. I will mess with it when I get home today, see if I can fix or patch it. Then I have to do something about the lock bar/glass.

Ok, well for the time being, I made the DMDs a bit smaller and covered the bad spot with black electrical tape. I checked all the connections and the cables.. It is definitely the screen.

One thing I have noticed, is the DMD's reflection is doubled, giving a slight blur effect. That may or may not change when I tint the glass. We will see.

I also removed the front lip on the underside of my lock bar. This solved the issue of my glass being just a bit too long. I had my glass cut to standard pinball size and checked it against my TAF glass. So a heads up for anyone building one of these, you should probably wait until it is all assembled and then get a measurement.... As your glass is likely going to need to be a tad shorter.

Later this week, I plan to start wiring up the goodies. And I have quite a few of them. I still have to buy fuses too, so I will do some searching around and see what everyone is using.

I started playing with nudging, using the MS sidewinder pro. Wit it assembled still and just sitting on the floor of my cabinet, I have it working very well in VP. Not so much in FP. I think I will mount under the lockbar and see how it works next.

*sigh*... More setbacks. It looks like I blew up my 12 VDC power supply and my I-Pac. I have a new i-Pac 2 ordered.. and I will use a modded PC Power supply for the time being, so I can continue. As best I can tell, I had a skinned spot on my 12 VDC power cable and the ground wire for the ipac hit it.

Ok, so a slight change to my plan. After blowing up my ipa and a couple power supplies, I bought KonkyKongs feedback setup with zebulons boards. I am going to go that route and sell off the boards I have soldered up, along with what ever else I have left over. Mostly due to the fact his sale is just such a good deal at the moment.

So, now back to the drawing board.

Yea I am still not convinced I shorted out the wires. I only found one that was skinned. It should take two. But since I would be spending more money on parts anyway... And my birthday is six days away... His deal was too good to pass up. I should be able to sell my leftover parts and get $200 or so back.

And this way it should look a lot neater. Now to figure out the wiring for Zebs cards. :)

Liking it, my only thought now seeing it is the torn Optimus on the head. While I Like the graphic, it makes little sense. Partly I think cause its a back view, most we see is front and his face. Maybe he needs to behind something? Not sure. Just my 2 cents

aaahhh another one brought over to the dark side....:)

Nice score on the parts. Here's some info for those boards.

post-19625-14287058544_thumb.png

Dee has some better info stashed somewhere on the net. I'm sure with some unabashed flattery he could be persuaded to cough up the links.

aaahhh another one brought over to the dark side....:)

Nice score on the parts. Here's some info for those boards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24476[/ATTACH]

Dee has some better info stashed somewhere on the net. I'm sure with some unabashed flattery he could be persuaded to cough up the links.

Not meaning to hijack, but what size fuses are recommended for each power supply? Does it depend on the setup, or is there a good standard sized fuse to use?

Archived