Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How To Set Up HyperSpin on the Nvidia Shield (Beginners Guide)

Fromlostdays

Search the Net for a Rom Renamer. You need the XMLs or DAT Files for the renaming. Maybe CLRMAMEPRO can do this? Im not sure wait for an expert answer. I will post the next days a better Tutorial maybe. At first i want to run all the machines i want. ;)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I have the shield android tv pro. I can't figure out how to set the right path for the roms for the life of me. 

My ftp server shows my directory as /sdcard/Hyperspin. I've tried /sdcard, /sdcard1, and /Hyperspin but I still can't get it right it seems.

This how it is right now.. also, what if I want to not use retroarch? I don't think retroarch is exactly user friendly. I think the nes.emu app for nes games is better, though I believe I'm saying that cause I truly don't understrand retroarch yet.

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\Gameboy Advance\
rompath=Hyperspin/Emulators/Nintendo Game Boy Advance/roms/
userompath=
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=zip,gba

What am I doing wrong, what can I try? Thanks ahead of time!!

I have not setup Gameboy Advance but my .ini file looks like this:

rompath=Emulators/Game Boy Advance/roms/

make sure your folders match what is in the .ini file and your roms named like they are in the Gameboy Advance.xml file in the database folder.

I have an Nvidia shield TV.  Sorry, I dont have a network share to help you.

I have not setup Gameboy Advance but my .ini file looks like this:

rompath=Emulators/Game Boy Advance/roms/

make sure your folders match what is in the .ini file and your roms named like they are in the Gameboy Advance.xml file in the database folder.

I have an Nvidia shield TV.  Sorry, I dont have a network share to help you.

Thank you sir!

Anyone know the path for the GBA emulator - My Boy?

Sorry for being stupid but I don't understand how you have written the change to the file saving place. Are you saying the settings_android- 10May.7z zip file needs to be stored somewhere other than the settings file?

Can you write you file save place like this so I can understand them please. For example

>Hyperspin>Emulators>Nintendo Entertainment System>Roms

sorry to ask but I'm dyslexic and I'm having trouble understanding what you have written. 

Thanks a million.

Dx

This is very helpful, thanks a lot!

EDIT:

I just noticed: The Andoid_Settings you linked do not conform with your recommendation of naming/placing the rom files:

You say we are to unzip the roms (which to me means they have final extensions like gb, gg, smc bin etc.) and place them inside "Emulators/<System Name>/roms". Now after reviewing the settings-inis the extension Hyperspin looks for seems to be zip in almost any case (which also makes more sense to me storage wise) and for the Sega-Systems the path seems to be rather "Emulators/master system/roms <System name>/"

It took me some time to find out why nothing worked like it should, but now this makes perfect sense :-)

Perhaps you should tell the people to place the roms in the dir that is defined in the "appropriate" settings.ini to be as accurate as possible while this should remain understandable for anyone your really good tutorial aims at.

Another thing regarding the Shield Tablet/Portable and RetroArch: I always have problems with RetroArch freezing/Crashing when the roms are zipped AND located on the external SD-Card, since RetroArch seems to run into trouble extracting the roms in that directory. In this case it seems to me that using uncompressed roms work better. Also the .emu-Apps by Robert Broglia are not affected and run really well (worth their money while not meant as advertisement).

Thx again,

Technose

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a SIMPLE guide on how to setup Retroarch on Shield TV?  I been trying to set this thing up for weeks and I'm not having any luck.  I've watch tons of videos but everyone speaks in the sense that you've done it before or provide a lot of useless babbling.  I'm not trying to offend anyone it's just that I'm frustrated.  I just need one example on how to setup a single core please and I'm sure I can handle the rest.  Setting this thing up remind me of the horrid nightmares I had with MESS and Daphne back in the days.

Its not that hard. After you install retroarch, you need to go in retroarch and download the cores (emulators) you want. Got to online updater>Core updater and there will be a list of emus to download. Choose one or all the ones you want. then load the core you want and then load content (rom file). The game should now run.

I can't get why no one can answer my question ???

PPSSPP Is not working on Hyperspin android yet as far as i know. That is why i have shelved my android setup for now i have some 3rd gen systems setup but its still very much in beta phase atm dont expect a fluid experience on android just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Working perfect now. All the issue was i had  to add the parameters line. I believe that the parameters line does have an effect in HS Android.

[exe info]

path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\Sony PSP\

rompath=Emulators/Sony PSP/roms

userompath=

exe=org.ppsspp.ppsspp/org.ppsspp.ppsspp.PpssppActivity

romextension=iso,cso

parameters=org.ppsspp.ppsspp.Shortcuts

searchsubfolders=

pcgame=false

winstate=HIDDEN

hyperlaunch=true

Per_Game_Modules=false

Skipchecks=false

Hide_Cursor=use_global

Hide_Desktop=use_global

Hide_Taskbar=use_global

CPWizard_Enabled=use_global

CPWizard_Delay=use_global

CPWizard_Params=use_global

Fade_In=use_global

Fade_Out=use_global

Fade_Color=use_global

Fade_In_Duration=use_global

Fade_Out_Duration=use_global

Fade_In_Delay=use_global

7z_Enabled=use_global

7z_Extract_Dir=use_global

7z_Delete_Temp=use_global

Keymapper_Enabled=use_global

Keymapper=use_global

MultiGame_Enabled=use_global

MultiGame_Background_Color=use_global

MultiGame_Side_Padding=use_global

MultiGame_Y_Offset=use_global

MultiGame_Image_Adjust=use_global

MultiGame_Font=use_global

MultiGame_Text_1_Options=use_global

MultiGame_Text_1_Text=use_global

MultiGame_Text_2_Options=use_global

MultiGame_Text_2_Offset=use_global

MultiGame_Use_Sound=use_global

MultiGame_Sound_Frequency=use_global

MultiGame_Exit_Effect=use_global

MultiGame_Selected_Effect=use_global

MultiGame_Use_Game_Art=use_global

MultiGame_Art_Folder=use_global

[filters]

parents_only=false

themes_only=false

wheels_only=false

roms_only=true

[themes]

use_parent_vids=false

use_parent_themes=false

animate_out_default=false

reload_backgrounds=true

[wheel]

alpha=.15

small_alpha=1

style=normal

speed=high

pin_center_width=500

horz_wheel_y=512

vert_wheel_position=right

y_rotation=center

norm_large=360

norm_small=230

vert_large=400

vert_small=240

pin_large=500

pin_small=200

horz_large=240

horz_small=150

letter_wheel_x=800

letter_wheel_y=384

text_width=700

text_font=Style4

small_text_width=260

large_text_width=400

text_stroke_size=6

text_stroke_color=0x000000

text_color1=0x00BFFD

text_color2=0xFFFFFF

text_color3=0x00BFFD

color_ratio=139

shadow_distance=0

shadow_angle=45

shadow_color=0x000000

shadow_alpha=1

shadow_blur=0

[pointer]

animated=true

x=975

y=384

[video defaults]

path=H:\hyperspin\Media\Sony Playstation\Video\

[sounds]

game_sounds=true

wheel_click=true

[navigation]

game_jump=50

use_indexes=false

jump_timer=400

remove_info_wheel=true

remove_info_text=true

use_last_game=false

last_game=Gran Turismo (USA)

random_game=false

start_on_favorites=false

[special Art A]

default=true

active=true

x=512

y=720

in=0.4

out=0.4

length=3

delay=0

type=normal

start=bottom

[special Art B]

default=true

active=true

x=512

y=740

in=0.4

out=0.4

length=3

delay=0

type=fade

start=none

[special Art C]

active=false

x=512

y=384

in=0

out=0

length=3

delay=10

type=fade

start=none

[Game Text]

game_text_active    = true

show_year           = true

show_manf           = true

show_description    = true

text_color1         = 0xC2C2C2

text_color2         = 0x000000

stroke_color        = 0x000000

text_font           = Style3

text1_textsize=26

text1_strokesize=7

text1_x=32

text1_y=610

text2_textsize=36

text2_strokesize=8

text2_x=30

text2_y=640

My first attempt at installing Hyperspin on my Shield TV (500GB model). To keep things simple, I started with just the NES romset and everything seems to be working fine. Only problem is that the Android control overlay keeps showing up in games, even after I turn it off in the Retro Arch settings. How do I turn it off permanently? I'm saving settings with new config file but that doesn't do anything.

My first attempt at installing Hyperspin on my Shield TV (500GB model). To keep things simple, I started with just the NES romset and everything seems to be working fine. Only problem is that the Android control overlay keeps showing up in games, even after I turn it off in the Retro Arch settings. How do I turn it off permanently? I'm saving settings with new config file but that doesn't do anything.

Go to the settings menu with the game already launched, adjust the settings and continue game and then exit RA through its menu :) There's some kind of double setting system when launching through a frontend, hope this helps :)

Go to the settings menu with the game already launched, adjust the settings and continue game and then exit RA through its menu :) There's some kind of double setting system when launching through a frontend, hope this helps :)

Indeed this is the issue.   RA current has an Android bug where there are two distinct .cfg files saved in different locations (depending on whether you launch from an external front-end OR from with RA directly).   It's confusing.   I've reported the bug and am expecting them to fix it soon.   They also removed the initial Android stub menu.   For the longest time, they weren't sure how to fix it... 

any chance of a FULL video tutorial on youtube for someone like me who is extremely new to hyperspin? a "beginning to end" setup from pc to nvidia shield . just figured id ask. thanks

It's not that easy, Hyperspin doesn't work like that :/ Best bet is to get one system working and work from there :) What part are you stuck on???

• 2 weeks later...

On page 5 here a couple users mention a way to get rid of the overlay.  I've tried everything they've said so far and it's not working.  No matter what I do, when I start NES through RetroArch and Hyperspin the overlay comes back.  Hoping there is a fix and someone is willing to provide step-by-step detail on how to fix it.  Until this can be permanently fixed I won't be using Hyperspin for Android as the overlays ruin it.

Messed around and got the overlay to stay gone. I had to go to settings, configuration, and turn on all 4 options.  I'm not sure if they're all needed or what they all do exactly but that's what fixed it for me.  Now I just need to go figure out button mappings for the controller and how they can save.  For some reason mine are screwed up.  Oy

Archived