Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How To Set Up HyperSpin on the Nvidia Shield (Beginners Guide)

Fromlostdays

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!

I managed to solve my own problem.. Those three .ini files were missing some information, and I copied all the original .ini files from filter down over to the new ones, and now all the systems work properly in android for anyone else who had that problem

This worked for me too. MAME for instance wouldn't even allow me in to the list. Now it works.

just to clarify!!!! Sorry if I misled anyone by my post . I am not selling any android setups. I am a newbie and There are plenty of people that have these for sale and I am not stepping on anyone's toes. I just meant that I will have one soon that has every system possible that can be emulated by android. Sorry guys!!!! I can help with ini Files if anyone needs them.

Just seen this badhemi !!

Didn't think you were selling anything, just thought a package of ini files was on its way.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this already was asked, I didn't read every post. I have all my roms, emulators and media on a NAS. Is it possible to acces this on the hyperspin (Nvidia Shield TV). Or does it need to put on a sd/hdd connected to the Nvidia Shield TV.

Sorry if this already was asked, I didn't read every post. I have all my roms, emulators and media on a NAS. Is it possible to acces this on the hyperspin (Nvidia Shield TV). Or does it need to put on a sd/hdd connected to the Nvidia Shield TV.

Needs to be hard wired/attached to device :)

Apologies if this is a stupid question - brand new to al lthis :) I have just bought a Shield TV with a view to using it for hyperspin, is it possible to save the roms/hyperspin to the internal 500gb HD or does it have to go onto a usb drive or SD card??

You can save them to the internal /sdcard.   Hyperspin will look for /Hyperspin folders in the internal memory and external sdcards and usbdrives.   If there are multiple Hyperspin folders on multiple connected drives, it will select the usbdrive first, then ext-sdcard, then internal memory.

I get:

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

This could be due to the following reasons:

The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.

Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist

The file has been deleted by the user.

what do you need?

I get:

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

This could be due to the following reasons:

The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.

Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist

The file has been deleted by the user.

here you go.

https://mega.nz/#!qV00CJ7R!xDuwmVRJgs3T325Inj6sl1yXxV8-khuHRVJrGxq7UfE

FYI, you can setup multiple emulators per .ini file using | to separate them.

I use this setup for Nintendo DS because Retroarch's Desume core isn't working well on Android at the moment.  

It will run Drastic first and if it's not installed, will run Retroarch.

exe=com.dsemu.drastic/com.dsemu.drastic.DraSticActivity|com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

parameters=GAMEPATH|cores/desmume_libretro_android.so

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!...So im not new to setting up HS as i have done it on my CPU numerous times. BUT, i JUST got my sheild TV in today and this is the first time i have entered into the android realm. Is there any step by step guide to a HS front end install...I have went through about 80% of this thread and it looks like the initial set up instructions were in question and its evolved since then. Is it as simple as putting my HS folders from my comp onto a drive using badhemi's INI files and changing the rom paths? or??

Right now i have RA and HS installed on the sheild and im just getting stuck in to begin the install process. Any help or guidance from you fellow droid users would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Hey all!...So im not new to setting up HS as i have done it on my CPU numerous times. BUT, i JUST got my sheild TV in today and this is the first time i have entered into the android realm. Is there any step by step guide to a HS front end install...I have went through about 80% of this thread and it looks like the initial set up instructions were in question and its evolved since then. Is it as simple as putting my HS folders from my comp onto a drive using badhemi's INI files and changing the rom paths? or??

Right now i have RA and HS installed on the sheild and im just getting stuck in to begin the install process. Any help or guidance from you fellow droid users would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

you need an Android ini settings folder and in your main menu of database folder you need an Android menu for system wheels.

you need an Android ini settings folder and in your main menu of database folder you need an Android menu for system wheels.

Ok, so don't overwrite the standard hyperspin INI files? i was intending on using your INI files and replacing the standard INI's in HS. Are you saying i need to just have your INI's in a seperate folder then? 

What exactly do you meen by Android menu? Obviously i know what file your talking about putting it in but are you meaning just to create a folder that says "Android menu" ? what goes in it? 

Thanks for the help man i really appreciate it...and for the INI files!!

Currently im having some SSD issues. I have a 1tb SSD i plugged in a ESfileexplorer was seeing it but the shield was not seeing it so im formatting the drive right now then im going to mount it to the shield to ensure i have a good solid working formatted correctly drive then im going to begin transfering my HS setup over to the drive along with the roms. 

Ok, so don't overwrite the standard hyperspin INI files? i was intending on using your INI files and replacing the standard INI's in HS. Are you saying i need to just have your INI's in a seperate folder then?

What exactly do you meen by Android menu? Obviously i know what file your talking about putting it in but are you meaning just to create a folder that says "Android menu" ? what goes in it?

Thanks for the help man i really appreciate it...and for the INI files!!

Currently im having some SSD issues. I have a 1tb SSD i plugged in a ESfileexplorer was seeing it but the shield was not seeing it so im formatting the drive right now then im going to mount it to the shield to ensure i have a good solid working formatted correctly drive then im going to begin transfering my HS setup over to the drive along with the roms.

yes you can copy my ini files in a Settings_Android folder and in database main menu create a folder called Main Menu_Android and copy over your main menu game mame list that you want to show in android also same your standard ini files If you still want to play on pc

yes you can copy my ini files in a Settings_Android folder and in database main menu create a folder called Main Menu_Android and copy over your main menu game mame list that you want to show in android also same your standard ini files If you still want to play on pc

I just shot you a direct message i have some other questions regarding this and didnt want to blow up the forum

Kiddanplay

If your not planning on having route access, be careful when setting up RA. When launched from HS it uses a separate retroarch.cfg.

Also the Android_settings have some of the special art turned off which can cause issues with the main menu themes.

This thread explains the settings_android folder and main menu_android.xml

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/8304-setup-hyperspin-for-android/#entry143327

Optional additional database file called "Main Menu_Android.xml" offers a subset or superset of wheels

Optional additional settings folder called /Settings_Android allows both Windows and Android launcher/rompaths to co-exist.

So put the main menu wheels you want for android in the xml main menu_android.xml

Put all your/badhemi's or reznates (from the download section) android settings ini's in the folder Settings_android

Set all your rompaths, exe paths and parameters in the android settings ini's

Then copy the Hyperspin folder over to your ssd.

Archived